VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

Working as usual for me. 

Repaired DCS prior to install. I'm not sure if that works to uninstall the old version, since I stupidly don't use a mod manager, but no errors here on Syria.

Thanks again speed-of-heat, you rock buddy!

• Thanks 1

Did repair and apply only the hotfix and it works! Thanks.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

13 hours ago, falcon_120 said:

It seems with latest update i cannot join servers in MP. It says "pure client is required" even when directly launching DCS and trying to connect

This mod nearly always caused an IC fail, it’s not new.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I'm getting this strange issue when using the mod - some cockpit textures appear "spotted" with tiny specks with a shiny/metallic look to them. This issue is very evident in the Mosquito, while I can't discern it in the Tomcat. Everything is fine with the mod turned off. Any idea?

16 hours ago, Picchio said:

I'm getting this strange issue when using the mod - some cockpit textures appear "spotted" with tiny specks with a shiny/metallic look to them. This issue is very evident in the Mosquito, while I can't discern it in the Tomcat. Everything is fine with the mod turned off. Any idea?

I have the same in the A10C-2 if I turn on cockpit lighting. Looks like Jackson Pollock’s been in with the grey paint, or like some sort of urban camouflage.

On 9/17/2021 at 1:33 PM, speed-of-heat said:

Caucuses ok

marianas fail,

Nevada ok,

Normandy fail,

Persian Gulf ok,

syria fail,

the channel fail.

newer maps, seems to be the issue,lemmie look for a quick hack.

This matches my experience. Glad to have this figured out, I was worried I'd pooched something! 😰

I've noticed you can still go ahead and play the mission (just keep clicking ignore to the errors), but there won't be any trees. Normandy looks it was attacked by hordes of beavers! 😅

Here's hoping a fix is relatively easy, this is such a great mod! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

35 minutes ago, Sandmonkee said:

Here's hoping a fix is relatively easy, this is such a great mod! 

Errr… right here 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

I wish there was some way to set DCS to rebuild all the shaders after an update. A batch. File I could run after install and then an hour later or whatever it's done. No loading a new terrain and airframe and wait 5-10 minutes every time. 

• Like 2

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

45 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Errr… right here 

Ahh, sorry, too many mods, not enough brain cells!

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

7 minutes ago, DayGlow said:

I wish there was some way to set DCS to rebuild all the shaders after an update. A batch. File I could run after install and then an hour later or whatever it's done. No loading a new terrain and airframe and wait 5-10 minutes every time. 

What I do its passing all objects, aircrafts, tanks etc... thorught the encyclopedia. Just to create all shaders.

Yes some sort of batch to let DCS run through the mods and rebuild would be real nice. But it became second nature to manually reload all the shaders and go through the motions etc, so no biggie. Every couple of weeks a couple of hours reloading is well worth it in the end. My lesson learned is to not allow DCS to update on flight nights. 🙂 Many thanks @speed-of-heat for the Hotfix! Much appreciated!

• Thanks 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Having just spent the last couple of hours trouble shooting various shader mods and then rebuilding every time to see if it worked, I would love to see something that builds your shaders in the background! Something you could just click and walk away while it somehow opens all your modules and all your maps in the background. Fantastic idea! 

• Like 1

It’s not just the maps and modules but all the ai assets as well. But yes that would be a great feature. I have absolutely no idea how to make it work though.

6 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

It’s not just the maps and modules but all the ai assets as well. But yes that would be a great feature. I have absolutely no idea how to make it work though.

What i ended up doing was setting the WMR & STEAM TIMEOUT settings to 30 minutes, getting a Styrofoam mannequin head, setting it up on my desk with the headset on it, launching dcs, then letting it compile while I'm doing other things around the house. Stopping by every 10 minutes to confirm if it loaded. Then launching free flight missions for each of my primary aircraft in each map that i have until all load successfully.  It's not perfect, but until an auto load utility is developed, i feel its the best i can do

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

If you fly VR shaders doesnt needs to compile in VR.

What i do is run DCS on 2D and start a server with a Through Inferno mission, selecting the mission to start without clients and let it run

• Like 1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

7 hours ago, 5ephir0th said:

If you fly VR shaders doesnt needs to compile in VR.

What i do is run DCS on 2D and start a server with a Through Inferno mission, selecting the mission to start without clients and let it run

Same. Open it in pancake, go do something, open a Spitfire mission in Normandy, go do something, open a Harrier mission in Persian Gulf, go do something, KA50 mission in Caucasus, etc, etc. Then when that's all done (about half an hour later), put on the VR headset and play. 🙂

14 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

...Yet? 😜

I have faith in you, Heat! 

• Like 3

thanks for the faith! alas ... as Mr Eastwood said "a good man's gotta know his limitations"... i'm a butcher ... that requires surgery

• Like 3

On 9/17/2021 at 9:56 PM, speed-of-heat said:

I think this seems to work:

DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.7.6 Hotfix.zip 86.66 kB · 105 downloads

note you will need to completely uninstall the existing mod and or repair before applying this fix.

This hack simply removes the files in the 5.1 directory which includes speedtrees and speedtrees shadows which was causing the error.

there may be some performance implications, I honestly haven’t measured how much. 

it’s a hack not a fix, for that we need @Kegetysto fix the code.

Brilliant as usual!

Thanks Speed-of-heat

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DayGlow said:

I wonder if you could create a mission template for each theater with one of every asset in it? Or series that mission be too big?

you likely could