VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

I'm getting errors now too with the hotfix on the new build. Install was de-modded, cleaned, slow repaired and now I'm getting this. Loads just fine without VR Shaders installed via OvGME. 

Really too bad as this mod was what brought me back into flying after a couple year absence..

Capture.PNG

13 hours ago, MVS-Viper said:

I just noticed that starting the game with SkateZilla's GUI app:

That's interesting. The only difference between running from the desktop icon and Skatezilla's tool is that the latter bypasses the updater.exe, right? I wonder if starting DCS.exe straight from the /bin folder will give the same results?

UPDATE: That might have actually worked. 40+ FPS down low in Caucausus. I was in a low-demand aircraft though. I'll have to test something more demanding like the Channel map to be sure.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

I am experiencing the same thing. The Clearwater + hotfix is triggering that DX11 error. So I switched to the IC-pass version. But now it seems to be actually slower than running DCS without this shader mod. Tried the Simplex version, which is also not good. Am going to make a couple of FpsVR screenshots to put them next to eachother. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

the answer is several posts above this one on the previous page...

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

10 hours ago, Nealius said:

That's interesting. The only difference between running from the desktop icon and Skatezilla's tool is that the latter bypasses the updater.exe, right? I wonder if starting DCS.exe straight from the /bin folder will give the same results?

UPDATE: That might have actually worked. 40+ FPS down low in Caucausus. I was in a low-demand aircraft though. I'll have to test something more demanding like the Channel map to be sure.

I wonder if it has something to do with how the app starts VR:

Whatever it is, thanks Skatezilla

Screenshot 2021-10-22 142144.jpg

• Like 1

Image36.jpg

Okay,

So my frametimes are quite degraded after the last DCS update where the VRShaders mod is not working properly anymore for the moment. Since I am eager to jump back in and have some decent time in the sim I was wondering what would be the next best thing to configure. So I made a couple of quick recordings of mod-combinations to see how things compare at the moment. I just started a stock mission (A-10C II cold startup) and waited for a specific moment (where another hog takes off and flies right in front of my HUD) Everytime the same spot. I grabbed the screenshots from OBS recordings and did some quick work with Paint. So excuse the messy look. Numbers are clear and because everytime the same it should be fair to compare these. Okay okay, lots of orange lines, but normally it is most in the green up in the air. I am not going to mess with settings in DCS, WMR, PD, Nvidia, FSR, bla bla bla, to turn things down and in the green, because everything was working fine and it was tuned to work very smoothly. I don't think it should be a good practice to downgrade settings. 

I will add my observations tomorrow. By the look of things the VR performance has taken quite a big hit. I know this is OpenBETA, but the whole online community is using it and my flight group and most servers do the same, so I have no real chance of flying multiplayer in an older version or going to stable.

Top row 2.7.6.13436 with various shader combinations

1- 2.7.6.13436 ReshadeVR - OpenVR FSR
2- 2.7.6.13436 ReshadeVR - OpenVR FSR - VRShaders Clear Water Hotfix
3- 2.7.6.13436 ReshadeVR - OpenVR FSR - VRShaders IC Pass
4- 2.7.6.13436 ReshadeVR - OpenVR FSR - VRShaders Simplex

Bottom Row DS 2.7.7.14727 with various shader combinations
5- 2.7.7.14727 Vanilla
6- 2.7.7.14727 ReshadeVR - Simplex
7- 2.7.7.14727 ReshadeVR - Open VR FSR - VRShaders IC Pass
8- 2.7.7.14727 ReshadeVR - OpenVR FSR - VRShaders Simplex
9- 2.7.7.14727 ReshadeVR - OpenVR FSR

FPSVR shots.jpg

• Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

On 10/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, laertesson said:

Yes, it’s just adhering to ED’s new policy of encrypting their game. I guess we should be glad we at least got some years being able to mod to our hearts content.

What would be the point of this?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Turn down MSAA or shadows or both…

Or water

Or clouds

or drop the steam CRM

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

3 minutes ago, daemon1808 said:

Hi

It seems that one topic have been created forthe metashaders problem topic (and they have move it to whish list seccion, the most unattended section in the forum 😞 )

Anyway, If you have VR performance issues, just check it. Maybe if there is enough complains.......

ED have always said, mod in the saved games folder.  These mods, are hacks of the main games folder, they are outside of the modding policy for ED.  The fact of the matter is they have always been “at risk”.  These mods introduce instability/compatibility issues and there is always a risk of cheating being enabled via this sort of mod (you can argue how much of an issue that is).

that said, these mods came about as a result of poor performance, or rather  poor performance because of over ambitious quality settings by the user in vr.  It is frustrating to have those choices removed, without finer grained UI/LUA settings to replace them.

I fully support ED, in protecting their core game folders, it’s been a direction of travel for some time and it makes sense to me, but, if I was going to ask for anything, it would be finer grained controls, that offer the result of the effects of some of the mods that have been produced by the community. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

ED have always said, mod in the saved games folder.  These mods, are hacks of the main games folder, they are outside of the modding policy for ED.  The fact of the matter is they have always been “at risk”.  These mods introduce instability/compatibility issues and there is always a risk of cheating being enabled via this sort of mod (you can argue how much of an issue that is).

that said, these mods came about as a result of poor performance, or rather  poor performance because of over ambitious quality settings by the user in vr.  It is frustrating to have those choices removed, without finer grained UI/LUA settings to replace them.

I fully support ED, in protecting their core game folders, it’s been a direction of travel for some time and it makes sense to me, but, if I was going to ask for anything, it would be finer grained controls, that offer the result of the effects of some of the mods that have been produced by the community. 

Yes, I complete agree with you. It's their product and they can lock whatever they want, when ever they want.

But we, as clients, have the right of complaining (with respet) about these decissions taken without having into account a great part of the community, that suffers bad performance of the product in VR.

We are not talking here about interfering with the product copyrights, or hacking, or cheating. We are talking about enhancing it (and, for that, we give you thanks modders)

If they implement this enhancements in the core. Good

If they lock some libraries/folders and allow the modders to improve performance by other means. Good

If they lock the libraries/folders and the performance is not improved in VR at the same time. I will complain.

If many of us have the same problem and complain about it, they will know it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, daemon1808 said:

Yes, I complete agree with you. It's their product and they can lock whatever they want, when ever they want.

But we, as clients, have the right of complaining (with respet) about these decissions taken without having into account a great part of the community, that suffers bad performance of the product in VR.

We are not talking here about interfering with the product copyrights, or hacking, or cheating. We are talking about enhancing it (and, for that, we give you thanks modders)

If they implement this enhancements in the core. Good

If they lock some libraries/folders and allow the modders to improve performance by other means. Good

If they lock the libraries/folders and the performance is not improved in VR at the same time. I will complain.

If many of us have the same problem and complain about it, they will know it.

I totally agree with you

Here is a patch for Kegetys mod that will make it compile again without removing any file.

To be noticed: As the last OB include some shaders that are now encrypted, some of optimization may be half done and there is a risk to have glitch (I did not test a lot).

The fps win are lower : fps measured by Fraps in A10CII / quick mission takeoff (see troubleshooting here https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/207154-3dmigoto-vr-mod-for-dcs-label-masking-color-enhancement-sharpen-fxaa-copypaste-of-radio-msg for my settings)

2021-10-24 14:45:21 - DCS
Frames: 1529 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 50.967 - Min: 46 - Max: 53

2021-10-24 14:52:42 - DCS
Frames: 1350 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 45.000 - Min: 44 - Max: 46

DCS VR Shaders mod patch for 2.7.7.14727.zip

• Thanks 3

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I’d have to test, the fix has four files, compose.fx is the only one that would pass for ic pass, though it should produce clear water, it might be compatible with simplex though… providing some perf improvements… I’d have to test

Edited by speed-of-heat

I don't pretend for a moment to understand how these shaders changes work, and I haven't gone 2.7.7 yet, but I do note that I get very similar performance with Simplex shaders compared to clear water hotfix in 2.7.6, and I understand that Simplex shader work in 2.7.7. So is it worth looking at combining this new mod with simplex ? as simplex appears to have a few additional members in deferred and also the enlight members ?

• Like 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

3 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Alas I don’t think so, the fix has four files, compose.fx is the only one that would pass for ic pass, though it should produce clear water, it might be compatible with simplex though… providing some perf improvements… I’d have to test

..sorry, crossed posts. Great minds...;)

• Thanks 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

Simplex is predicated on ic pass, this might if merged perform better overall; but again would have to test and I’m away from my desktop for a bit… test with simplex, and then just add the files from @lefuneste01 and test again 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

I’d have to test, the fix has four files, compose.fx is the only one that would pass for ic pass, though it should produce clear water, it might be compatible with simplex though… providing some perf improvements… I’d have to test

Understood, thank you

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

2 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Simplex is predicated on ic pass, this might if merged perform better overall; but again would have to test and I’m away from my desktop for a bit… test with simplex, and then just add the files from @lefuneste01 and test again 

Ok, I merged the new mod into Simplex 2.0 as I don't use the IC pass version

DCS Shaders - SIMPLEX 2.7.0.4625 v2 HYBRID 1.zip

Only Compose.hlsl was replaced in the Simplex deferred folder. The rest were new files.

I'm still on 2.7.6, but DCS won't load with this enabled..

image.png

Perhaps the new mod is only designed to work in 2.7.7 ?

it works with 2.1 .. but it breaks clear water im trying something else

• Like 1