VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

On 11/1/2021 at 6:58 PM, cerealex said:

Hi! I have tried this 11.3.zip and DCS show mw this error and not run.

I combined the folders of 11.3.zip to OvGME Manager.

My path folders are this ---> M:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\_OVGME Mods\LAST VR - 3DmigotoDCS_VR_11.3 + DCS VR Shaders mod patch for 2.7.7.14727 + update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1\"bazar and bin files here"

Back to "Kegetys + lefuneste shaders (new combined zip without "Decoder.hlsl")   Link --->https://forums.eagle.ru/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=238583&key=2c0124ca0df5190038f204c3c25c006e

Thanks anyway for effort guys 😉

DCS_error.png

Hello, Why did you have error messages referencing shaders in M:\shaders where others have relative path ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

hace 18 horas, lefuneste01 dijo:

Hola, ¿Por qué tienes mensajes de error que hacen referencia a los sombreadores en M: \ shaders donde otros tienen una ruta relativa?

Hi, I don't understand your question. I think that in te newest version of DCS the file "NVD_HDR.fx" have something that make a DCS crash.

The instalation of 11.3.zip was combined the 3 folders in 1 to upload directly with OvGME. 

Edited by cerealex

Sent from Nokia 3310

5 hours ago, cerealex said:

Hi, I don't understand your question. I think that in te newest version of DCS the file "NVD_HDR.fx" have something that make a DCS crash.

The instalation of 11.3.zip was combined the 3 folders in 1 to upload directly with OvGME. 

normal path for a shader is [DCS install]\bazar\shaders\...

All previous error messages were giving shader involved with relative names for example /shaders/deffered/Compose.fx

But in your case it's a shader that seems to be in M:\shaders...no "bazar" directory, no install of DCS directory in the file path...strange, no ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

hace 1 hora, lefuneste01 dijo:

normal path for a shader is [DCS install]\bazar\shaders\...

All previous error messages were giving shader involved with relative names for example /shaders/deffered/Compose.fx

But in your case it's a shader that seems to be in M:\shaders...no "bazar" directory, no install of DCS directory in the file path...strange, no ?

Mmmmmm I checked the path and is all OK, all "bazar" and "bin" files on "Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\..."

Other thing that I've seen, the background on main menu (hangar plane 3D model) have a white fog and a little fog on game...

Edited by cerealex

Sent from Nokia 3310

30 minutes ago, cerealex said:

Mmmmmm I checked the path and is all OK, all "bazar" and "bin" files on "\savedGames\bazar\shaders\deferred..."

Other thing that I've seen, the background on main menu (hangar plane 3D model) have a white fog and a little fog on game...

No.  It doesn't go into SavedGames.  It goes into main DCS install path.  ie.  D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\

Edited by Taz1004

hace 16 horas, Taz1004 dijo:

No.  It doesn't go into SavedGames.  It goes into main DCS install path.  ie.  D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\

Yes, I said wrong but really I have the files on main folder Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\

Sorry for SavedGames error, I will fix the post right now 😉

Edited by cerealex

Sent from Nokia 3310

5 hours ago, MicMic said:

Hello.

I am trying to install the Shaders mod for 2.7.6 Hotfix in the latest version of the release and I get this message.

Saders fail.png

How can I fix it?

Thank you.

The 2.7.6 hotfix won't work if you're now on 2.7.7

You need the 2.7.7 version. Make sure you remove the 2.7.6 hotfix first

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

First post here, something of a casual flyer, had a10c and blackshark for years and picked it up here and there but never able to dedicated a huge amount of time to it, so generally pottering about in the a10 slowly learning the systems.  The advent of vr for me a couple of years ago with a DK2 progressed onto a lenovo explorer and now to a reverb g2 and I've been itching to jump back into the cockpit with more clarity but due to the current gpu climate I'm a few generations back.

Now thanks to @Kegetys for this mod, it has enabled me to run DCS smoother with higher settings on my 1070 and reverb g2 🙂

Previously I had to keep the steamvr render resolution to 68-70% otherwise the hud/mfcd text started to become indistinct, anything much less and I would need to lean in to see it clearly.

Installed the shader mod last night and the text sampling means I can now run the resolution down to 60% and still have text as clear as 70%; the reduction in frametimes has allowed me to push up the texture details and view range.  Now able to run 18-24ms frametimes with the g2 running at 60hz (I don't notice the flicker now), wmr motion smoothing is always on and pegged to 30fps but it's buttery smooth and clarity is more than acceptable given the weakness of the gpu.  Also reduced the frametime hit due to having both mfcds displaying video (TGP & MAV in the a10c) to only 1-2ms as opposed to 5-6ms previously.

Pertinent DCS settings: -

Textures high (both)
Visible range medium
Shadows medium
Displays 1024
Anisotropic 8x
Tree visiblity 50%
Tree & scenery detail 100%

The only significant visual difference is the baked in reflections/glare in the cockpit glass (dials/canopy/hud) are much more apparent, with the sun shining directly on them they appear almost greyed out; turn away from the sun and the effect fades.  Is this a known issue or something that can be adjusted for?  It's not a major problem, just a change from the original shaders that was very noticable.

On the whole it's saved me hunting down a 3070 immediately 😀

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

14 minutes ago, edmuss said:

First post here, something of a casual flyer, had a10c and blackshark for years and picked it up here and there but never able to dedicated a huge amount of time to it, so generally pottering about in the a10 slowly learning the systems.  The advent of vr for me a couple of years ago with a DK2 progressed onto a lenovo explorer and now to a reverb g2 and I've been itching to jump back into the cockpit with more clarity but due to the current gpu climate I'm a few generations back.

Now thanks to @Kegetys for this mod, it has enabled me to run DCS smoother with higher settings on my 1070 and reverb g2 🙂

Previously I had to keep the steamvr render resolution to 68-70% otherwise the hud/mfcd text started to become indistinct, anything much less and I would need to lean in to see it clearly.

Installed the shader mod last night and the text sampling means I can now run the resolution down to 60% and still have text as clear as 70%; the reduction in frametimes has allowed me to push up the texture details and view range.  Now able to run 18-24ms frametimes with the g2 running at 60hz (I don't notice the flicker now), wmr motion smoothing is always on and pegged to 30fps but it's buttery smooth and clarity is more than acceptable given the weakness of the gpu.  Also reduced the frametime hit due to having both mfcds displaying video (TGP & MAV in the a10c) to only 1-2ms as opposed to 5-6ms previously.

Pertinent DCS settings: -

Textures high (both)
Visible range medium
Shadows medium
Displays 1024
Anisotropic 8x
Tree visiblity 50%
Tree & scenery detail 100%

The only significant visual difference is the baked in reflections/glare in the cockpit glass (dials/canopy/hud) are much more apparent, with the sun shining directly on them they appear almost greyed out; turn away from the sun and the effect fades.  Is this a known issue or something that can be adjusted for?  It's not a major problem, just a change from the original shaders that was very noticable.

On the whole it's saved me hunting down a 3070 immediately 😀

Did you try textures M and textures terrain L? For me the sim still looks good enough in the hog while at low altitude and it gives quite a big frames gain. Also cutting down tree detail before flying low in dense areas makes a big difference, you can try that realtime. I noticed the same thing with the glass effects. Got used to it.

Edited by Ready_ENP

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

12 minutes ago, Ready_ENP said:

Did you try textures M and textures terrain L? For me the sim still looks good enough in the hog while at low altitude and it gives quite a big frames gain. Also cutting down tree detail before flying low in dense areas makes a big difference, you can try that realtime. I noticed the same thing with the glass effects. Got used to it.

Actually no I haven't yet, I think I've automatically pushed the main textures to maximum to try to make the cockpit text more readible (thinking about the CDU/AAP specifically) but as these mods make the text that much sharper I may be able to reduce the cockpit ones to gain more back.  I did initially start out with low terrain and switching to high didn't seem to have a major impact on the frametimes, may give me a bit more overhead on the vram stakes though!

Ah yes, forgot that I've got grass/clutter set to zero, I don't notice it really. I like the tree details high, the pop in bugs me a bit so happy to take a bit of a hit on that one.

I'll give it a test and see how it runs, in the mean time I'm super happy that it's pulling 45-55 fps on such a relatively underpowered rig.  I'm borrowing a 32gig ram kit from work to test out to see if putting another 16 in makes any difference, currently it blitzes all of the system ram so it might help a little to have more overhead. 

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

12 hours ago, Ready_ENP said:

Did you try textures M and textures terrain L?

I have now, like you said it's not noticeable, the CDU/AAP text is a little harder to read but it's not that much worse.  However I'm now pulling 16-22ms frametimes which is very, very useable with WMR motion smoothing enabled.  To think I was told that a 1070 would never work with DCS in a reverb g2 😄

I am currently running the 32gb kit which has dropped a ms or so off the frametimes so I think I'll invest 50 quid in an extra 16gb rather than 500+ quid on a 3070!

edit: so I just updated dcs to 2.7.7.15038 and it's now failing to compile the shaders, tried to replace them with a new copy and still no show, any thoughts anyone? 🙂

shader compile.png

Edited by edmuss
  • Like 1

Just tried the shaders in the OP and looked OK until launched F-16 cockpit and it spammed this every 004 milliseconds:

2021-11-06 00:15:37.430 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Failed assert `shader != nullptr && technique != render::INVALID_HANDLE` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11Renderer.cpp:1107
2021-11-06 00:15:37.430 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Failed assert `this->wantedShader != nullptr && this->wantedTechnique != render::INVALID_HANDLE` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11Renderer.cpp:1183

So I would wait for a fix, it sent my logs into meltdown.

Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

@edmussthis has been discussed several times, you have to use this version, as the original won’t compile, and you have to uninstall the old shaders first.

5 hours ago, Pikey said:

Just tried the shaders in the OP and looked OK until launched F-16 cockpit and it spammed this every 004 milliseconds:

2021-11-06 00:15:37.430 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Failed assert `shader != nullptr && technique != render::INVALID_HANDLE` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11Renderer.cpp:1107
2021-11-06 00:15:37.430 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Failed assert `this->wantedShader != nullptr && this->wantedTechnique != render::INVALID_HANDLE` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11Renderer.cpp:1183

So I would wait for a fix, it sent my logs into meltdown.

What version of dcs , if you are using the op you can’t have updated to the latest version. Some people reported something very similar on  my clear water shaders.  You can try the simplex shaders which seems to not do that.

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@speed-of-heat thanks for that, I had presumed that because the latest version on page one had worked for my 2.7.6ish install it work for all 2.7.x.xxxx versions. I'll restore the original shaders folder, clear the users folders and reinstall from your link 🙂

thanks please use a mod manager...  if you havent run repair dcs ... that way you will get them all 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

I haven't run a repair on dcs yet but I'll look at grabbing a mod manager. Never played around with modding dcs before so a bit of a learning curve!

edit: all working, thanks again to you @speed-of-heat, now got ovgme keeping tabs on the mods 🙂

Edited by edmuss
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2021 at 6:22 PM, baco30 said:

Dear Lefuneste and SpeedOfHeat, thank you very much for your efforts and sharing.

I tried both of your ways but I still have the "night issue".  I must be doing something wrong...

More specifically, I tried:  resume the backupped bazar/shaders dir -> cancel content of SavedGames/metashaders2 and /fxo -> DCS OB full (slow) repair -> overwrite bazar/shaders with Kegetys Mod 2.7.0 ClearWater -> overwrite with Lefuneste patch 2.7.7 without the "Decoder.hlsl" file,  and/or same as above but with SoH's version 2.7.7.  Am I missing something?

Apart of that, daylight works good, I'm back to 10~11ms ...

Thanks

Screen_211027_155618.png

Screen_211027_160712.png

I had something very similar to this; just now, switching the shaders off, reloading the mission, exiting the game, reapply the shaders and it seems to work !

What would be the proper "firing order"?

help.PNG

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

33 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

they shouldn't interact 

Oddly enough, whichever order I toggle, I still get Overlap warnings. Decided to just confirm them and let the game load.

Main menu hangar still clouded out.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

wait are you adding all of them ? you should only really need the current 3dmigmoto and the latest clear water ?

• Like 1