VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

23 минуты назад, Taz1004 сказал:

How do you restrict writing to the log?  Is it in autoexec.cfg?

No, just using standard Windows features took away the rights to write in it for system and administrators, and the writing stopped completely. I can't even open it again any more (I took away more than just writing just in case 🙂). If I need it again to be writeable I'm just deleting it and let DCS recreate the file, and then Windows sets standard access rights to it automatically.

Edited by Fiztex

2 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

No, just using standard Windows features took away the rights to write in it for system and administrators, and the writing stopped completely. I can't even open it again any more (I took away more than just writing just in case 🙂). If I need it again to be writeable I'm just deleting it and let DCS recreates the file, and then Windows sets standard access rights to it automatically.

Ah, thanks.  I'm not sure if that's effective tho.  DCS is still generating the log entries, but just not writing into that one file.

• Like 1

4 минуты назад, Taz1004 сказал:

Ah, thanks.  I'm not sure if that's effective tho.  DCS is still generating the log entries, but just not writing into that one file.

I've monitored that at least access to the drive stopped and for that particular case with shaders stuttering in long sessions stopped too. Without it after 1 hour of flying the log was becoming too big and performance was dropping.

I suppose DCS just gives up generating the entries if it doesn't have access to log. Or at least some hardware gets a break, like SSD/CPU interaction. 

Edited by Fiztex
  • Like 1

The Albedo SS is a game changer for me in the cockpit. Thanks so much!
Absolutely.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

So OXR and a stripped down shader mod just for Albedo SS? Is that working?

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

1 hour ago, Ready said:

So OXR and a stripped down shader mod just for Albedo SS? Is that working?

Works nicely. I just use the diffuse.hlsl from the shader mod (plus the mandatory _helper.hlsls & _HMD.hlsls).

Edited by PaulToo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PaulToo said:

Works nicely. I just use the diffuse.hlsl from the shader mod (plus the mandatory _helper.hlsls & _HMD.hlsls).

So you keep from Taz's version only the deferred folder with   _helper.hlsl & _HMD.hlsl and model folder with only diffuse.hlsl?

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

11 minutes ago, diamond26 said:

So you keep from Taz's version only the deferred folder with   _helper.hlsl & _HMD.hlsl and model folder with only diffuse.hlsl?

Correct and set the relevant value in _HMD.hsl for the level of Albedo SS you require

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

14 minutes ago, zildac said:

Correct and set the relevant value in _HMD.hsl for the level of Albedo SS you require

Thanks. You still have to wait for fxo  rebuild. 🙂 

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

3 minutes ago, diamond26 said:

Thanks. You still have to wait for fxo  rebuild. 🙂 

Unfortunately, yes

13 hours ago, PaulToo said:

This is the way

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Am going to run the Albedo only part with OXR. Any other parts of the Shader mod or other visual improvement mods worth adding on top?

Haven't played yet with the new settings in the OXR Toolkit. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

7 часов назад, Ready сказал:

Am going to run the Albedo only part with OXR. Any other parts of the Shader mod or other visual improvement mods worth adding on top?

Haven't played yet with the new settings in the OXR Toolkit. 

Personally I still run full version of the shaders for the simple glass, disabling bloom and haze reduction to 30% of original value. This helps with visibility and performance a bit, which is IMO always welcome for VR. Instead of default haze I use shadows post processing filter in OXR Toolkit to make everything look realistic to me.

Until we have HDR in VR out some form of eye adaptation stimulated within SDR, the compression of brightness output might be the only way to see things against the ground as well as against the sky. Bloom especially is really weird for VR, like the pilot has serious issues with eyes adaptation to the light in the night missions, and the pointer cross is shining like a Christmas tree right in front of you. Strangely, there is a bloom setting in the VR tab, but it doesn't work for me, so I'm killing it with shaders mod.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2022 at 10:46 AM, Taz1004 said:

Included filelist.txt which shows you what each file does.  You may delete ones you don't use for faster loading.  You must not delete _helper.hlsl and _HMD.hlsl however.

Updated for minor change in DCS 2.7.12.

DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.7.12.23362.zip 39.37 kB · 205 downloads

Notes

• This version is for compatibility only.  Purpose of this version is to keep as much of Kegety's original as possible.
  • As before, this version will have big compiling time when first launched.  FXO and Metashader2 workaround still works.
  • You can basically turn this into Simplex version by deleting files and folders to match that of Simplex.
  • Some shader files had to be removed for compatibility as they are based on pre 2.7 shaders.

Can I use OVGME to install this or do I need to override the files permanently? 

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

Can I use OVGME to install this or do I need to override the files permanently? 
I'd strongly suggest you use OVGME or another mod manager.

1 hour ago, zildac said:

I'd strongly suggest you use OVGME or another mod manager.

Perfect, that was my plan. So I need to make any changes to the files, 'Bazar\shaders\deferred\_HMD.hlsl', I want, then repackage and use ovgme?

Do I still need to rename or save the shaders folder ?

What do I delete for the NVD stuff, I have a mod that already manages this?

Edited by jnr4817

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

Perfect, that was my plan. So I need to make any changes to the files, 'Bazar\shaders\deferred\_HMD.hlsl', I want, then repackage and use ovgme?
Do I still need to rename or save the shaders folder ?
What do I delete for the NVD stuff, I have a mod that already manages this?
Fundamentally, yes. That file controls the config of the features. Re the NVG stuff, I've never used it in this mod. I think you should be fine to just leave it disabled as is.

Excuse me gentlemen  now that the new DCS 2.7.14 version is out, does the previous version of the mod work?
Still appears to work here. If using open composite it appears to introduce more motion repro "wobbles" but works fine generally.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zildac said:
4 minutes ago, Dr.Cure said:
Excuse me gentlemen emoji120.png now that the new DCS 2.7.14 version is out, does the previous version of the mod work?

Still appears to work here. If using open composite it appears to introduce more motion repro "wobbles" but works fine generally.

Roger that, mate 🙏 appreciate it

• Like 1

Phantom Phorever

• 2 weeks later...