VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

11 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I had the same issue. The file Decoder.hlsl must be removed from the patch I provided.

• Do a full DCS repair
  • Install Kegetys Mod
  • Remove the file decoder.hlsl from my patch
  • Install the patch
  • Install my 3dmigoto mod because it's a damn good mod but nobody seems want to try its wonderfull features (I need to provide an updated version for this update of Kegetys mod) 😀

It should be good.

8 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

ah that will be why it works for me my CW version doesnt have the decoder.hlsl file in it i have taking the liberty of updating the zip file i created earlier with the new change:

DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.7.7.14727.zip 86.57 kB · 16 downloads

Dear Lefuneste and SpeedOfHeat, thank you very much for your efforts and sharing.

I tried both of your ways but I still have the "night issue".  I must be doing something wrong...

More specifically, I tried:  resume the backupped bazar/shaders dir -> cancel content of SavedGames/metashaders2 and /fxo -> DCS OB full (slow) repair -> overwrite bazar/shaders with Kegetys Mod 2.7.0 ClearWater -> overwrite with Lefuneste patch 2.7.7 without the "Decoder.hlsl" file,  and/or same as above but with SoH's version 2.7.7.  Am I missing something?

Apart of that, daylight works good, I'm back to 10~11ms ...

Thanks

Screen_211027_155618.png

Screen_211027_160712.png

16 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I had the same issue. The file Decoder.hlsl must be removed from the patch I provided.

• Do a full DCS repair
  • Install Kegetys Mod
  • Remove the file decoder.hlsl from my patch
  • Install the patch
  • Install my 3dmigoto mod because it's a damn good mod but nobody seems want to try its wonderfull features (I need to provide an updated version for this update of Kegetys mod) 😀

It should be good.

I love your mod, man! Reflections control, haze control, NVG size control... All these things should have been built into the game! 

Please keep up the great work @lefuneste01

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

22 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

ah that will be why it works for me my CW version doesnt have the decoder.hlsl file in it i have taking the liberty of updating the zip file i created earlier with the new change:

DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.7.7.14727.zip 86.57 kB · 37 downloads

Applied this with reshade and fsr 1.2 and I get wrong night view. I read in this thread that @lefuneste01 patch works, but do I need both kegetys and his? Will this also break IC?

image.png

5 minutes ago, tomeye said:

Applied this with reshade and fsr 1.2 and I get wrong night view. I read in this thread that @lefuneste01 patch works, but do I need both kegetys and his? Will this also break IC?

image.png

YES you need both. 

YES it will break IC

On this page… you can see there is a combined zip file… 

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

En 27/10/2021 a las 10:24, speed-of-heat dijo:

DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.7.7.14727.zip 86 kB · 40 descargas

In short, we only need to activate this combined file. We would NOT have to install kegetys or replace with Lefuneste01 mod, right? Only enable this zip right? 👀

Sent from Nokia 3310

31 minutes ago, cerealex said:

In short, we only need to activate this combined file. We would NOT have to install kegetys or replace with Lefuneste01 mod, right? Only enable this zip right? 👀

correct

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

4 hours ago, tomeye said:

Did you try my mod instead of reshade ? It has less filter but in game menu to setup color and sharpen, plus different sharpen settings for cockpit, outside, hud and MFD.

• Like 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

3 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Did you try my mod instead of reshade ? It has less filter but in game menu to setup color and sharpen, plus different sharpen settings for cockpit, outside, hud and MFD.

I am now using the updated 2.7.7 from here, I guess this include your patch correct?

sorry i should have been more explicit...  it contains @lefuneste01's correction (the 4 files)  to this MOD it does NOT include his sharpening MOD

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

What you have is what I saw when had the wrong décoder file.

Did you try with the settings described in my howto here :

Hello Lefuneste, thanks for your reply.

I tried with or without "Cockpit global illumination" and with or without MSAA... same "night issue".  

settings.jpg

1 hour ago, tomeye said:

I get it, @lefuneste01referring to this one https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3305420/

I am going to try now, have you tested for fps impact?

I have not

I suffer the same night issue, i only installed last zip from @speed-of-heat from a clean install, tried with and without global illumination enabled, same results.

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Do a DCS repair.

Apply Kegetys mod - the most recent version from page 1 of this thread.

Then get @lefuneste01patch. Extract it to your desktop or somewhere temporary. Then go in to the bazar/shaders/deferred folder and remove decoder.hlsl . Then copy the remaining (3 I think) files into the DCS equivalent folder, e.g. bazar\shaders\deferred and overwrite accordingly.

1 hour ago, rubbra said:

Do a DCS repair.

Apply Kegetys mod - the most recent version from page 1 of this thread.

Then get @lefuneste01patch. Extract it to your desktop or somewhere temporary. Then go in to the bazar/shaders/deferred folder and remove decoder.hlsl . Then copy the remaining (3 I think) files into the DCS equivalent folder, e.g. bazar\shaders\deferred and overwrite accordingly.

You mean this patch?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305420/

I don't see any decoder.hlsl in the folder you refer (on update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1 folder)

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Hello, I updated my mod thread here, the package 11.3.zip includes the patch for Kegetys mod. It tested the whole install (Kegetys+patch+3dmigoto mod) on a repaired DCS, it worked for night without issue.

You should have a try on my mod if you are using reshade, it may do the same job plus it have a bunch of cool features.

Edited by lefuneste01

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

58 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, I updated my mod thread here, the package 11.3.zip includes the patch for Kegetys mod. It tested the whole install (Kegetys+patch+3dmigoto mod) on a repaired DCS, it worked for night without issue.

You should have a try on my mod if you are using reshade, it may do the same job plus it have a bunch of cool features.

Just to be clear - the correct procedure is to install Kegetys "original" for 2.7.0xxx, then install 3Dmigoto ?

Edited by rubbra

40 minutes ago, rubbra said:

Just to be clear - the correct procedure is to install Kegetys "original" for 2.7.0xxx, then install 3Dmigoto ?

This order doesnt matter, because 3Dmigoto and Kegetys doen't share files. You can also use 3dmigoto without Kegetys or Kegetys without 3dmigoto. The version of speed-of heat should also work, but I did not test it (too many versions..).

What you should take care is to applythe OB patch for the Kegetys mod (as described in my mod thread) and at last the update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1 if you are using 3Dmigoto with Kegetys shader mod, whatever you use original Kegetys or Speed-of-heat version.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, rubbra said:

DO NOT install Kegetys original mod as that contains files that do not work