Question regarding Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and idle/afterburner detent.

I do most of my flying from cold n dark to full shutdown. If I use an aftermarket afterburner detent device such as https://www.shapeways.com/product/3M...&utm_content=2, am I restricted to just an afterburner detent? Or can I make use of an idle/shutoff detent and afterburner?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

You can still make use of both. All you are doing is replacing the afterburner detent that came with the throttle. The idle detent is not actually a detent but a "button" press.

If I installed the aftermarket afterburner detent, how do I best assign idle/shutdown detent?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Question regarding Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and idle/afterburner detent.

If I installed the aftermarket afterburner detent, how do I best assign idle/shutdown detent?

The same way you do without it, the aftermarket part has zero impact on the Idle portion of the throttle axis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The same way you do without it, the aftermarket part has zero impact on the Idle portion of the throttle axis.

How about shutdown and idle detent for engine start?

I'm trying to find out the same thing, so let me ask another way, just to be certain:

Does this piece add the afterburner detent, AND retain the original Idle/Cutoff detent?

I can obviously turn the original piece around if I merely want the afterburner, but what I want is BOTH...

Thanks in advance...

I'm trying to find out the same thing, so let me ask another way, just to be certain:

Does this piece add the afterburner detent, AND retain the original Idle/Cutoff detent?

I can obviously turn the original piece around if I merely want the afterburner, but what I want is BOTH...

Thanks in advance...

That would be awesome if it did

It's already been posted that the afterburner detent has no effect on the other end of the throttle.

If you don't believe it, just remove the one that's already in there and see for yourself.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Well I'll be snookered...

All this time, I had misread the Thrustmaster manual, thinking the detent was an either/or piece. Installed, you have the Idle detent, turn it around and you have the afterburner...

Guess I should slow down, and read more carefullly... :)

Thanks!

I think some do not realize that you can pull up on the throttle and move it to shutoff position and it sends a button press. ( I know I didn't for about a month after getting it )

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Well I'll be snookered...

All this time, I had misread the Thrustmaster manual, thinking the detent was an either/or piece. Installed, you have the Idle detent, turn it around and you have the afterburner...

Guess I should slow down, and read more carefullly... :)

You're still misinterpreting things! The insert means you either have an afterburner detent or don't. IT HAS NO EFFECT ON THE IDLE STOP, which is always there and can't be removed without custom inserts.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

IT HAS NO EFFECT ON THE IDLE STOP

This!

An aftermarket afterburner detent is just a replacement for the afterburner detent that is already shipped with the TM Warthog throttle.

It probably takes less time to flip this thing around and see how it works than it takes to ask others on the forum. :music_whistling:

A replacement AB detent changes the force that is required to push the throttles into AB, and also could make it so they don't need to be lifted, but can actually be pushed. But like others said before, it doesn't change anything about the idle/off end of throttle movement. I don't even know how one would get this idea. Anyway, just try this at home, guys, it only takes the Allen key supplied with the Warthog (or any suitable Allen key, or even just some strong finger tips) to unscrew the detent bracket and take a first hand look. :thumbup:

This!

An aftermarket afterburner detent is just a replacement for the afterburner detent that is already shipped with the TM Warthog throttle.

It probably takes less time to flip this thing around and see how it works than it takes to ask others on the forum. :music_whistling:

A replacement AB detent changes the force that is required to push the throttles into AB, and also could make it so they don't need to be lifted, but can actually be pushed. But like others said before, it doesn't change anything about the idle/off end of throttle movement. I don't even know how one would get this idea. Anyway, just try this at home, guys, it only takes the Allen key supplied with the Warthog (or any suitable Allen key, or even just some strong finger tips) to unscrew the detent bracket and take a first hand look. :thumbup:

So I can still lift up and back for engine shut off, so I don’t go to idle in flight and unintentionally shutdown the engines?

So I can still lift up and back for engine shut off, so I don’t go to idle in flight and unintentionally shutdown the engines?

Jesus man how many times do people need to say it? Yes, you can still do this as literally nothing changes with the idle end of the throttle. Not a single thing changes on that end of the throttle.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Jesus man how many times do people need to say it? Yes, you can still do this as literally nothing changes with the idle end of the throttle. Not a single thing changes on that end of the throttle.

Lol I swapped the part around today, works like a charm.