Multicrew - Can't slew camera left and right

DrummerNL

• 5 weeks later...
I'm getting the bug where only up and down works with a joystick binding. Any update on this? Really loved Multicrew and the bugs were at least predictable in earlier releases but this bug breaks coop.

They stated, they will wait until ED fix the problems with the shared cockpits to resolve every problem at once.

Chinook lover - Rober -

• 5 weeks later...
So... I have a question... why is heatblur not having issues with multicrew and polychop are? Are they attempting to implement it in different ways?

It's not the same kind of MultiCrew. PolyChop is trying to share the same cockpit, and Heatblur just have 2 separated cockpit. The problem PC is having is with netcoding, so we will have to wait for an ED fix.

Cheers.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Well I have seen that the INS in multicrew in thier video at the beginning desynched and the aim54 was unable to be used. We all have to wait and see if the f14 will face issues in multicrew. Fact is, they also depend on the core network code. I can not dgo into details if something will change in that area. Thanks a lot for your comprehension

Well I have seen that the INS in multicrew in thier video at the beginning desynched and the aim54 was unable to be used. We all have to wait and see if the f14 will face issues in multicrew. Fact is, they also depend on the core network code. I can not dgo into details if something will change in that area. Thanks a lot for your comprehension

Ah ok, was just curiosity, didn't know if they wrote their own code and you all used ED code or how it worked. Appreciate the answer.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Same question here!

No update, AFAIK you need to roll back to 1.5.x to get working multi-crew in the Gazelle.

It's not a bad module i.e. it's still enjoyable to fly, but IMHO it lost a unique selling point when 2.5.x broke it's multi-crew.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hi guys, I just registered on this forum to share a solution with you that someone pointed out to me on Steam.

When you are the gunner/copilot in multicrew, the controls for the camera are bound to the regular Pitch and Roll channels. In multicrew, these automatically become the slew controls for the camera. So under Axis Assign, just have the Pitch and Roll axes set up as normal, leave the Slew Left/Right and Slew Up/Down fields empty, and then you should be able to control the camera with the joystick.

Edited by Skyhog

• 5 weeks later...
Hi guys, I just registered on this forum to share a solution with you that someone pointed out to me on Steam.

When you are the gunner/copilot in multicrew, the controls for the camera are bound to the regular Pitch and Roll channels. In multicrew, these automatically become the slew controls for the camera. So under Axis Assign, just have the Pitch and Roll axes set up as normal, leave the Slew Left/Right and Slew Up/Down fields empty, and then you should be able to control the camera with the joystick.

Good find! I'll try this out. I really miss being able to multicrew in this bird, it was an awesome experience.

• 4 months later...
Successive updates have degraded this module from what was a fun and rewarding multiplayer experience to one that's mostly disappointing.

Hopefully the developers will resolve it, because it truly was one of the standout features in DCS multiplayer. Immense rewarding fun when it works. Frustrating and disappointing when it doesn't.

It is the 29th of november and these bugs are still occurring today. I am in WSO seat and my buddy as pilot. Rotor/engine not on/working while in co-pilot seat, but we can hover as in pilot seat everything is good. NADIR screen not functioning for WSO even though ONLY HE CAN MANIPULATE IT DURING MULTICREW. Last but not least in M version the VIVIANE slewing is completely rendered useless and doesn't work no matter what I try (axis or keybinds). So disappointing. And yet they're trying to release the OH-58D....shame my head in disappointment. :mad:

• 1 month later...

Hook47, as you can see the Huey multicrew was promised 4 years ago, if it were so easy we would have huey multicrew. The problem is not polychop, and as they already stated, if the huey multicrew finally appears, they will go for a fix.

Chinook lover - Rober -

• 3 months later...

Wow its disheartening to see that this has gone unfixed for going on 2 years. I came looking for a solution as I was trying to show my friend the Gazelle and we ran into this problem. He and another friend have been getting into DCS during this wonderful free to play month but I can see their initial enthusiasm starting to wane as the cracks with the game start to show. I can't help but feel like so many people are going to try the game out, like my friends, and see that it has some unfortunate and neglected bugs. Without the use of left and right slew, what use is the Gazelle multicrew? He probably wont end up buying the module as multicrew was what attracted him to it. It's a shame as I know it could be really fun! I hope they realize this and that they are working to fix it...

• 2 months later...

Still have the shut down bug in Gazelle L. Three of us tried different aircraft last night on a private multiplay server and everytime someone jumped into copilot seat the heli shut down. Additionally tried everything to slew camera when flying on my own but no joy. Is it possible to repair this some how or are we waiting for Ed or poly to supply a fix? Haven't tested anything in single play but will give it a go later. Shame because it's crying out for multi crew to be working properly

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yea I hear ya. Multicrew is in a beyond broken state and I can't blame that on DCS, as there are other modules (even mods!) with functional multicrew. Please prioritize fixing this, it was one of the best features of any module.

Yes you can blame DCS the multi crew in the Gazelle worked when release and somewhere along the line a DCS update broke it. DCS makes changes to their core game and that brakes third party modules case in point two updates ago DCS screwed up the lighting on the Gazelle and was impossible to fly in NVG till PC could get in and fix it, PC has said time and again when DCS fixes there multi crew issues and release it to the developers they will then be able to fix the Gazelle multi crew

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Still have the shut down bug in Gazelle L. Three of us tried different aircraft last night on a private multiplay server and everytime someone jumped into copilot seat the heli shut down. Additionally tried everything to slew camera when flying on my own but no joy. Is it possible to repair this some how or are we waiting for Ed or poly to supply a fix? Haven't tested anything in single play but will give it a go later. Shame because it's crying out for multi crew to be working properly

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

As already explained by RePhil, ED broke it long time ago and PC is waiting for ED to release their MultiCrew API (Multicrew for the Huey and Mi-8), then it will be fixed.

On the shutdown issue, it doesn't really shut down, it's just not synchronized so for the copilot it seems like it shuts down. The pilot can fly as usual, but all the bugs combined don't make multicrew much sense atm.