Buddy Lase Vikhr

Is there any way to buddy lase the Vikhr?

I know you can do this for the ML-25, but I haven't been able to find out if there is any way (if at all) to buddy lase for a Vikhr... to perhaps curve it around a mountain, or even have a KA50 which is in safe range of a SAM lase for a KA50 launching in the SAM's range.

From what I understand, the Vikhr is almost like a TOW missile, but guided by a laser, but even if there are ways to 'trick' the missile into jumping onto a wing man's laser designation, it would be interesting.

Edited by NakedSquirrel

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

I don't think so. I think in theory if you both set your ATGM coding to the same and somehow false triggered the laser sequence. But you'd have to be side by side essentially. The laser pattern is very directional and dynamically changing size to keep pace with the missile travel from platform.

the Vikher is a beam rider (it looks for the laserbeam behind the missle instead for the laserspot at the target), so you and your wingmen would need to be in roughly the same spot to make this even remotly possible

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

You can do it though...

Say you blow out your laser or something... You can launch into the laser of another KA-50 and the weapon will ride the other beam. You have to be very lined up with their laser.... but it can ride other lasers. I haven't specifically tested it in a sciencey way... but I did launch with a decent crosswind left to right once and my weapon missed my beam and drifted down and right and seemed to grab the beam of my wingman (human) below and to my right and rode that to his target. It was wasted as he had already launched so the target was dead before my weapon got there.

You can also change the location of the laser mid-flight if you turn on LA Overide and launch while manually laser ranging in high power mode (or whatever it's called officially). In this way you can take out multiple enemies quickly if they're in a line or otherwise close enough.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

It doesnt work..

If the Painting Helicopter does not shoot a missile the laser does not switch into guidance mode.

- If it would work the guidance would be for a very short time.

- If booth helicopters shoot a missile at the same time the guidance should eventually work.. but it doesnt.

Check KH-25ML

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom