AH-64 Apache

Viper 16

AH-64D Longbow is probably classified, not so fun to operate radar fire control system, not fit to cold war scenarios with majority of DCS modules.

AH-64A would be fantastic, very fun to flight and fight. I hope for this chopper.

• 6 months later...

+1

if it is classified how could JANES pull it off back then?

I'd be happy if it just flies like in Jane's

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + Pedals

(AB-detent Mod, Stick extension Mod)

HTC Cosmos VR

Track IR

----------

Intel i9-9900K

64GB Ram

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

AH-64D Longbow is probably classified, not so fun to operate radar fire control system, not fit to cold war scenarios with majority of DCS modules.

AH-64A would be fantastic, very fun to flight and fight. I hope for this chopper.

You will have AH1F for Cold war scenarios. as that is a officially confirmed module.

If given the choice Some of us would very much want to have Ah64D instead of the AH64A with its more modern systems ( glass cockpits, EGI etc) for 21st century scenarios, with large variety of modern aircraft we currently have ( and will get in the future). Fire control radar is a cherry on the top, and at the same time it being there doesnt mean a player would have to use the radar guided hellfires. Using the Radar for A/G mapping and or terrain avoidance assistance is certainly nice to have, and a feature i can appreciate in Fixed wing aircraft. Don't see why anyone would hate to have that as a option on a helicopter.

Dont think its that classified. That seems at times a lazy excuse againt adding new aircraft. F/A18C is still in active duty service with the USMC. Now that being said There is in fact a Ah64D operators manual dated from 2002 around accessible online. And that already contains revisions for the Ah64D block 2, and that itself goes into some detail about the fire control radar.

it should be noted that Ah64D version is no longer the most advanced attack chopper in the US army arsenal. The Ah64E Guardian is which went IOC in 2012 and has been continually upgraded. That has currently replacing Ah64D's with new production aircraft, and also rebuilding a number of Ah64D's into AH64E's.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so while I would love to have all the Apache variants, I'd be very happy with just the old A versions, for many of the reasons listed above: Cold War, Desert Storm, a bit simpler systems might lead to better chance of actually being developed for DCS...

Anyway, I figured I'd look it up, and this is what Wikipedia has to say about the Apache A versions:

U.S. Army AH-64As are being converted to AH-64Ds. The service's last AH-64A was taken out of service in July 2012 before conversion at Boeing's facility in Mesa, Arizona.[291] On 25 September 2012, Boeing received a $136.8M contract to remanufacture the last 16 AH-64As into the AH-64D Block II version and this was forecast to be completed by December 2013.

Meaning there are NO more A models in American service. Sure, a few countries still have A models, but many of those are undergoing modernization upgrades, such as the Israeli A's.

Oh ya, and I wanna Black Hawk too!!! :pilotfly:

It's not a question of going up against a "Black Shark" or the future "Hind", which is already planed. It's firstly a question of getting an awesome module, and secondly, filling a huge, empty spot in the DCS World.

Way-Back-When --well over 20 years ago-- there were numerous Apache-only games, some of which had a mission editor and multi-player --not just pilot weapons-officer, but multiple, player-crewed, Apache-- formations for coop-missions.

Now, we could fill that slot, so noticeably vacant for so many years, with the absolute best, and most realistic REAL-simulation of the Apache ever produced..... we could......... *sigh*

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

I'd vote for an AH-64A, make the 80's great again :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

For me the Apache would be my most anticipated module.

Cobra would be nice, Apache would be even better :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Probably not due to classified systems.

I seem to recall a game called Gunship from over 30 years ago. Just sayin'... :P Okay, smartalekry aside perhaps DCS is going for more detail than Sid Meier and company were in the 80s.

Edited by TJMax

it is not the time for the Apaches lacking the map of the Balkans the Apaches do not go to the Caucasus they would be destroyed by the Russians and not go to Iran they would be easy targets.

Edited by Xilon_x

Apache is a Day 1 pre-order for me. Instant buy. Probably my most wanted, alongside a few other choppers, some feasible (Lynx, Helix), others probably not because sur-classified (Mi28 ).

But Apache tops it all. DCS is just perfect for these birds.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I just want a gunship with a headtracking cannon.

You can control the flex sight in the Huey with headtracking, while also flying, if you go to the #2 slot (copilot), activate the sight and turn off autopilot. It’s a hoot of a time, but I too would love to see the Apache and control that 30mm cannon with my monocular... :pilotfly:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

it is not the time for the Apaches lacking the map of the Balkans the Apaches do not go to the Caucasus they would be destroyed by the Russians and not go to Iran they would be easy targets.

And you think flying saucers from the third reich are a better addition to the current maps?

Fun aside, +1 for the Apache!

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just want a gunship with a headtracking cannon.

Like the BlackShark? It's quite good... A little weak pointing to the left at short range but... other than that it has a hell of a cannon and certainly tracks your head.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Like the BlackShark? It's quite good... A little weak pointing to the left at short range but... other than that it has a hell of a cannon and certainly tracks your head.

I wasn’t aware! I was waiting for the cockpit updates before getting the shark, but maybe I’ll have to look into it sooner.