AV-8B Takeoff AI

PapaFav

Ok, I have a group of 3 AV-8B's, I am player, and the other two have excellent skills. If I even give the AI only half of what I am carrying, they follow me to the runway, but will just sit there on the runway, because they are too heavy to take off. If I just arm them with two AIM9's, they can take off and follow me. So... is this a DCS bug, or a AV-8B bug. If it is a bug, is anyone working on it?

Just wondering

Steve

Life is tough... but it's tougher if you're stupid.

Not sure as to why a mission would help, but it is a Nellis mission to fly west out of Creech for a bombing run on an enemy manufacturing facility. I am carrying six MK82's and two wing tanks. First tried AI with same load, no way. Kept lightening them up until just two AIM9's, and it worked. The only other thing I can think of is that they do not have enough fuel for the mission. I am going to try adding wing tanks and the AIM9's. If that works, I will try increasing the ordinance.

Thanks

Steve

Life is tough... but it's tougher if you're stupid.

It already been reported. The ai try to do a vertical takeoff. So, they stay on the runway full throttle until they burn enough fuel to takeoff. By then, they are out of fuel and land.

By reducing there loadout to two sidewinder, you maie them light enough so that they can takeoff. Adding more weight will make them stay on the ground until they burn enough fuel. Just fly around, you'll see. They will takeoff eventually.

As to the second question, is it worked on? Can't tell. On other thread, it's been said that since it's the AI, it's ed problem...