Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Got mine. Great Controller. Well made.

Does anybody have the dimensions of the device with the exact position of the screws on it? preferable as a CAD drawing.

I want to built a holding plate on my second screen.

sry for bad english, is not my first language

Got mine. Great Controller. Well made.

Does anybody have the dimensions of the device with the exact position of the screws on it? preferable as a CAD drawing.

I want to built a holding plate on my second screen.

sry for bad english, is not my first language

I double face taped it to the monitor. I made sure the tape wasnt too strong though

72D0C80A-6B1B-4610-8A50-358A838992EB_zpsk8oldfnn.jpg

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Adding the "export line" to my export.lua makes my exports to other tools stop working. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I tryied using it with F-18 and DCS stable. I can configure DX buttons normally, just the data export does not work. Even other exports don not work any longer.

function LuaExportBeforeNextFrame()
dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\cdu_data.luac')
end
-- DCS-BIOS
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
-- SimShaker
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
--TACVIEW
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
-- SR
local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])
[i]-- raygun
local dcsRg=require('lfs');dofile(dcsRg.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-raygun.lua]])[/i]

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Adding the "export line" to my export.lua makes my exports to other tools stop working. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I tryied using it with F-18 and DCS stable. I can configure DX buttons normally, just the data export does not work. Even other exports don not work any longer.

function LuaExportBeforeNextFrame()
dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\cdu_data.luac')
end
-- DCS-BIOS
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
-- SimShaker
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
--TACVIEW
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
-- SR
local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])
[i]-- raygun
local dcsRg=require('lfs');dofile(dcsRg.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-raygun.lua]])[/i]

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3583249&postcount=56

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Hey Bamse,

Got the controller the other day, gotta say it’s very well made and the Master Caution function works well.:thumbup:

I’d like to mount it (on marine ply) is there any problem with us removing the four corner screws and substituting them with longer ones to achieve this (re: warranty etc.)

Cheers

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Hey Bamse,

Got the controller the other day, gotta say it’s very well made and the Master Caution function works well.:thumbup:

I’d like to mount it (on marine ply) is there any problem with us removing the four corner screws and substituting them with longer ones to achieve this (re: warranty etc.)

Cheers

Thanks! :)

Replacing the corner screws with longer ones was one of the main ideas during planning, to make mounting easy on all kinds of homecockpits.

The USB cable can also be hidden by making a throughhole for it on the basepate it is being mounted on.

The warranty is good as long as you don't break anything :-----)

Very nice piece of gear... well done. Only question I have is there a way to get the master caution light to work on other aircraft... i.e. F/A 18.

The light functions perfectly well with the A10C, but would like to also use the UFC on other Aircraft.

Thanks again...

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Very nice piece of gear... well done. Only question I have is there a way to get the master caution light to work on other aircraft... i.e. F/A 18.

The light functions perfectly well with the A10C, but would like to also use the UFC on other Aircraft.

Thanks again...

Raygun 1.1 looks like may have that option, they shared a teaser on their social media of a WIP project of it working with the Hornet and other aircraft. No date on 1.1 release though.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Raygun 1.1 looks like may have that option, they shared a teaser on their social media of a WIP project of it working with the Hornet and other aircraft. No date on 1.1 release though.

Ok, thanks for the info....:-)

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

I designed and 3D printed a right angle backplate for the UFC that allows it to be mounted to a horizontal surface:

qY7eFR5l.png

ayhe8eBl.png

1X29Oodl.png

It needs M3x25mm screws to mount the UFC to the backplate and M4 screws to mount the backplate to a horizontal surface. You can find the CAD file here:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/70b54d9a223fdd1bdb34a510/w/d2c7520c7143ce8ecba0a370/e/fa184f568e4594546b9cd449

You need an Onshape account to view it, but it has the full edit history and you can modify any part of it. There are some revisions I need to make though for version 2:

1. I forgot to add a hole for the middle screw and had to drill my own.

2. The extrusion and inset for the M3 nut on the back side is too small and the nut doesn't fit inside the groove. As a result, I had to file mine down in order to get the screw to reach the nut. In retrospect, this is an unnecessary feature and I'll be removing it.

3. The backplate is 3mm thick all around, but this is still a bit too thin and causes the 3D print to flex a bit when the UFC is not mounted to it. It's quite sturdy when the UFC is mounted, but a little thicker wouldn't hurt.

4. The edge fillet is unnecessary. I was concerned that the edge might be too sharp without it, but it turns out that the 3D print can't make that sharp of an edge to begin with.

5. The M4 channel can be a bit larger. I set it to a diameter of 4.5mm, but it can easily be 5mm, allowing for more tolerance.

6. I will add a second M4 channel on the inner side of the 2 legs, which not only adds another mounting option, but also adds more support for the legs.

One thing I'm considering for version 2 is whether I should add a flange to the top and bottom edges, like how a rack mount plate has. This will increase its rigidity by a lot, but because the 3D print is not perfectly flat for something this large, I'm concerned that it will be too rigid and the UFC won't sit flat against it when mounted.

In any case, if version 2 works out, I'll post up a Shapeways link for anyone who wants their own copy.

Thanks! :)

Replacing the corner screws with longer ones was one of the main ideas during planning, to make mounting easy on all kinds of homecockpits.

The USB cable can also be hidden by making a throughhole for it on the basepate it is being mounted on.

The warranty is good as long as you don't break anything :-----)

Thanks Bamse, I went ahead and mounted it on Marine ply. Then I saw what Ranma did.....Wow.

I designed and 3D printed a right angle backplate for the UFC that allows it to be mounted to a horizontal surface:

It needs M3x25mm screws to mount the UFC to the backplate and M4 screws to mount the backplate to a horizontal surface. You can find the CAD file here:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/70b54d9a223fdd1bdb34a510/w/d2c7520c7143ce8ecba0a370/e/fa184f568e4594546b9cd449

You need an Onshape account to view it, but it has the full edit history and you can modify any part of it. There are some revisions I need to make though for version 2:

1. I forgot to add a hole for the middle screw and had to drill my own.

2. The extrusion and inset for the M3 nut on the back side is too small and the nut doesn't fit inside the groove. As a result, I had to file mine down in order to get the screw to reach the nut. In retrospect, this is an unnecessary feature and I'll be removing it.

3. The backplate is 3mm thick all around, but this is still a bit too thin and causes the 3D print to flex a bit when the UFC is not mounted to it. It's quite sturdy when the UFC is mounted, but a little thicker wouldn't hurt.

4. The edge fillet is unnecessary. I was concerned that the edge might be too sharp without it, but it turns out that the 3D print can't make that sharp of an edge to begin with.

5. The M4 channel can be a bit larger. I set it to a diameter of 4.5mm, but it can easily be 5mm, allowing for more tolerance.

6. I will add a second M4 channel on the inner side of the 2 legs, which not only adds another mounting option, but also adds more support for the legs.

One thing I'm considering for version 2 is whether I should add a flange to the top and bottom edges, like how a rack mount plate has. This will increase its rigidity by a lot, but because the 3D print is not perfectly flat for something this large, I'm concerned that it will be too rigid and the UFC won't sit flat against it when mounted.

In any case, if version 2 works out, I'll post up a Shapeways link for anyone who wants their own copy.

What a great effort Ranma, you should manufacture a few of those, I'm sure there'll be people who'll snap then up. Good job. :thumbup:

Makes mine look cheap, knocked it up out of marine ply.

The front board is hinged so it can be set at different angels or laid down to slide under the small shelf behind.

The area in the middle of the MFCD's fits an iPad or A4 paper with keyboard shortcuts etc.

IMG_5647.thumb.JPG.d8a23a51805e2c708481f391a14750af.JPG

IMG_5646.thumb.jpg.41e0dc18889a9345c66441b17e06cd76.jpg

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

any update about the F/A18 ICP project ?

would buy in a heartbeat as well

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• 2 weeks later...
...I dunno what you talkin' about... music_whistling.gif

...and it's ready in 3-4 weeks :smilewink:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

• 1 month later...

This works like a treat. Great haptic feedback, and quality of the build is terrific. I made a holder that stands at 45deg angle with scrap wood. I just wanted to see if it would work, but decided to just keep it. No need for perfection with all the stuff that's on my list! :) It butts against the Varidesk so when I push on the buttons, it stays put. Kudos. Very nice work!

yXweg0B.jpg

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered mine, can´t wait!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hi Bamse, are you guys considering producing the A10 CDU?

There is one competitor on the market, but I think their product at 980 euro is overkill for most enthusiasts.

https://www.simparts.de/en/a10c-cdu-en.html

If you could produce a competitive product around 200-250 euro similar in style to your UFC you could sell quite a few units. Is my impression of the latent market demand at least.