Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Thanks, Tundra.

I have done so. All Available UFC keys have been binded manually to the Buddy fox. All looks A O.K.

Just Out of curiosity............

Does DCS know when I'm using the Function key and relay the appropriate command IE send key "SYS" and not key "1" ? etc. etc.

I have not fully tested all commands but would like to know a knowledge base to measure from, In case I run into problems.

Great piece of hardware........

Edwin

Thanks, Tundra.

I have done so. All Available UFC keys have been binded manually to the Buddy fox. All looks A O.K.

Just Out of curiosity............

Does DCS know when I'm using the Function key and relay the appropriate command IE send key "SYS" and not key "1" ? etc. etc.

I have not fully tested all commands but would like to know a knowledge base to measure from, In case I run into problems.

Great piece of hardware........

Edwin

As long as you map the Function key, yes it works, I enter Func + 5 to switch my waypoints manually, and then Func + 0 to get the Steerpoint info page on the MFD.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

This is a great unit. Well designed with the cabling channel in the back too.

Though the screw holes are quite small so I had to drill them out to put bigger screws in when I attached it to the removable frame https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228355

The 6 buttons that are not in game (below the Warning light) I mapped to the fire handles and the start up checks (Signal, Fuel, Oxygen). Considering replacing fire handle mappings with T/O Trim, Anti-Skid and Uncage SAI. Yeah, may do that tonight.

Great Gear

The BuddyFox A10c UFC is an awesome addition. There really is nothing that could make this more real looking and feeling. I feel that the price was great, considering the high quality of the piece. There are a few buttons that the BuddyFox piece use, that the sim has not even caught up with yet. I have one of the "comms" buttons programmed to F10, and 2 others programmed to replace having to hit "Alt+Home" and "Cntrl + Home" to start engines.

Whatever they make next, I will buy.

Even if you don't use for A10C, its still a great piece to program to another aircraft. The look and feel of the buttons is unmatched by any joystick. Your computer sees it as another joystick, so it can be programmed to anything.

I am ready to order anything that BuddyFox makes.:thumbup:

The BuddyFox A10c UFC is an awesome addition. There really is nothing that could make this more real looking and feeling. I feel that the price was great, considering the high quality of the piece. There are a few buttons that the BuddyFox piece use, that the sim has not even caught up with yet. I have one of the "comms" buttons programmed to F10, and 2 others programmed to replace having to hit "Alt+Home" and "Cntrl + Home" to start engines.

Whatever they make next, I will buy.

Even if you don't use for A10C, its still a great piece to program to another aircraft. The look and feel of the buttons is unmatched by any joystick. Your computer sees it as another joystick, so it can be programmed to anything.

I am ready to order anything that BuddyFox makes.:thumbup:

Oh god, thanks for the input. So 6 keys and the pinky switch mean 12 new commands to assign heheheheh

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Any suggestions for the six buttons underneath the master caution?

I used -- Com1 as \ -- to pull up coms menu

Com Sec as emergency flood light

IFF to put the IF into test mode, so as a quick way to pull up the menu on the HUD

Com 2 as the button to put all external lights into NORMAL mode

ICCM and IDM as replacements for ALT and CNTRL+HOME for engine starts

Anyone with a hint to shut down the MASTER CAUTION light after the PC shut down? (Apart from having an USB hub with on/off switches). Or is it just my :noexpression:

Also some information about the different modes for the raygun software would be nice.

I love my new UFC!

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Anyone with a hint to shut down the MASTER CAUTION light after the PC shut down? (Apart from having an USB hub with on/off switches). Or is it just my :noexpression:

Also some information about the different modes for the raygun software would be nice.

I love my new UFC!

Could just be related to USB Power.

My headset and external hard drives still have power with the PC off...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I love my new UFC!

I had to swap around to different USB ports until I found the one that didn't provide power. Seems my ASUS board can charge a cellphone from just about every port. I did manage to find one, which without looking, I believe is an expansion USB card.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Thanks Emmy, thanks Panther,

I'll give that a try. Although I think my USB3 expansion card will give me an unsatisfyingly result.

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Is the master caution light with raygun supposed to work in other planes, such as f/a-18c ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• 3 weeks later...

Really great add-on for my setup. The only drawback is the lack of backlight of the keys' secondary functions, while flying in the dark.

At least, I have a reason to use my finger-light, now.

sharkfin out!

NEW RIG:

Ordered! Excited to add this to the home pit!

you won´t be disappointed

From presale questions, to shipping packaging, to build quality, to easy of use and setup.

WOW. why did I wait so long?

Jane's ATF Gold (1997), DCS World A-10C

M5A99Xevo, SAPPHIRE HD-7770-OC, AMD FX-6100, 8GB RAM, WIN7-64

TM HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR5, Sennheiser PC363D, MFD Cougar Pack, Samsung UHD U28D590D and Local Craft Beer

Mine will arrived anytime soon... Will get F-18 UFC or CDU too if available. :thumbup:

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

Emmy. I ordered one, I live in St.Louis Missouri. It took around 5 days total to get to me. It really is an awesome piece of gear. It has all of the authentic buttons, even though DCS does not use some of them. I have extras set up for the f10 comms menu, a direct attack bogies, attack air defense, engine start. I use mine for every aircraft, just shows up as a joystick, programming is easy. Whatever these guys build, I will buy.

The front cover can be removed and replaced, I would be interested in buying the same box just with a front cover that has Hornet functions labeled. Its worth more than they charge.

I know how you feel, Emmy. I ordered one a day or two before you did. I have the patience of a child once I order something. I want it NOW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Emmy. I ordered one, I live in St.Louis Missouri. It took around 5 days total to get to me. It really is an awesome piece of gear. It has all of the authentic buttons, even though DCS does not use some of them. I have extras set up for the f10 comms menu, a direct attack bogies, attack air defense, engine start. I use mine for every aircraft, just shows up as a joystick, programming is easy. Whatever these guys build, I will buy.

The front cover can be removed and replaced, I would be interested in buying the same box just with a front cover that has Hornet functions labeled. Its worth more than they charge.

Wow... Much faster than I would have expected. I'll have to start watching my porch! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com