Missing land textures

CrazyD

[/img]No sure why this happens, perhaps someone with similar occurrence could point out cause...

Windows 10-64 bit, i7-4790 4.0 GHz, 16 GB ram, 1080TI with latest drivers

1st attempt to link from Google Account, "Photos" - hope it works...

Ok, was advised no-one could see the pictures - weird, cause when I look at my own post, I could see it...

But thanks - I followed your instructions, hopefully others can see the attachments

Screen_180605_212319.thumb.png.c4dc545bae7399b1470fc094a9d9536a.png

Screen_180605_212328.thumb.png.70c821de7be0705c93f0e147fb94e923.png

Screen_180713_170720.thumb.png.a6ae88abe4b2fa886e0939dfa698f5d8.png

Edited by CrazyD

Ok, so pictures didn't copy through link... let me see if I can figure this out..

ok, edited the link to eliminate the "" part, but doesn't show the picture as desired...

Last Edit - at least the link takes you to the image - is this how this website prefers it? seems others can post the picture in their thread... still trying

Ok, look at that, got it to post the actual picture.. So again, if anyone knows why this happens and how to stop it, please advise - I just watched a 1945-era train transit through the water playing a Normandy mission...

Edited by CrazyD

No pics showing up anywhere. Just paste them in your post as attachments via forum interface, as you would attach any other files (->Go advanced -> manage attachments -> upload). You've got 50-few MB to use.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

No further responses? I'm the only loser experiencing this phenomenon? Are the attachments not showing for anyone else?

They do show up in the first post now, thanks.

It does tend to happen when one spends too much time outside of 3D view (in F10 map for example) - the current iteration of memory manager in the game dumps terrain textures from the memory if they're not used for more than 10 seconds If I recall correctly? If you switch back to the scenery view afterwards, the game must start re-loading most of terrain assets once again.

Obviously it will get only worse in muliplayer, or when runnig the game off HDD instead of SSD, because this reloading takes much more time then. Not much can be done about it I'm afraid, apart from not sitting too long in map view. It's possible, although I can't confirm, that your maxed out preload radius makes things worse too (more stuff to dump and then load again).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ok, so the trick is to avoid the F10 as much as possible... I'm finding that lately, even in single player - which may rule out lag being an issue - is that the game stutters, or even "freezes", for as long as 5 min. By that point I "C-A-D" out of it and try again... would that be to the excess graphic settings? I thought with the system I've put together, that there would be sufficient horsepower to handle this simulation with everything maxed out..

• 2 months later...
[/img]No sure why this happens, perhaps someone with similar occurrence could point out cause...

Windows 10-64 bit, i7-4790 4.0 GHz, 16 GB ram, 1080TI with latest drivers

1st attempt to link from Google Account, "Photos" - hope it works...

Ok, was advised no-one could see the pictures - weird, cause when I look at my own post, I could see it...

But thanks - I followed your instructions, hopefully others can see the attachments

Same issues.

In my case it appears a lot when I switch views - f2 or f7....

Did DCS respond to it?

Извините за внимание

Close DCS, delete the following folders, DCS will rebuild them when starting and the problem you mention should be much diminished:

/saved games/dcs/fxo

/saved games/dcs/metashaders

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Close DCS, delete the following folders, DCS will rebuild them when starting and the problem you mention should be much diminished:

/saved games/dcs/fxo

/saved games/dcs/metashaders

Best regards

Thank you, I'll try it.

Извините за внимание