.Miz file corrupted

DUSTY

I've been working on a mission for the past two days and just attempted to save the file.

I then checked the 'Unit list' option and noticed that every unit had been renamed 'directkeyxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' or something along those lines.

Then an error box came up and the mission editor closed. I not cannot re-open the file (it doesn't appear in the mission editor list) and it is now 1kb size on disc. I fear it has become corrupted and I have lost hours and hours of work.

Can anyone assist me?

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

I've been working on a mission for the past two days and just attempted to save the file.

I then checked the 'Unit list' option and noticed that every unit had been renamed 'directkeyxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' or something along those lines.

Can anyone assist me?

Don't fly any DCS missions until you get help, or have you already flown another mission since the issue ????

Only hope may be to get the TEMP created last mission flown file, if you had actually run that faulty mission at some point.

Located in the Windows default temp directory (Replace the DCS.openbeta with which ever version you are using):

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\LastMissionTrack.trk.

Copy the LastMissionTrack.trk to a couple of new files such as RescuedMission.miz or the such into your saved games area and try loading into Mission Editor and see if you can use it.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks for your reply Ian!

Sadly I did fly another mission afterwards and I have no track file or TEMP file. I think I will have to accept that this mission is corrupted beyond repair.

Thanks anyway.

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB