VR - double view when moving head

jiri01

Hi guys, can anyone help me? I got oculus rift 4 weeks ago.When I start a mission everything is usualy smooth. After a while I get a double view when moving my head (still the simulation is smooth). Sofar it looks that I have this problem always with Nevada map. On Caucasus it is sometime ok and sometime not (sometime it is ok 5 minutes, sometime 30 minutes, sometime all the time) I tried to lover graphical setings but it seems, there is not influence.

My specs are procesor: I7, RAM: 32GB, video card 1080Ti.

When the problem ocures I am not hiting the limits of my PC (everything is about 50%).

I do not have the problem for example with Google Earth. When the problem ocurs in DCS then even if I exit DCS the problem prevails until I restart Oculus application. It seems to me that on some conditions DCS does something to Oculus Rift. But I cannot figure out what I should set or avoid to run without this problem.

Thank in advance for anz help

Open Oculus debug tool and set ASW to force 45fps for ASW enabled

Hi,

I have same problem, but i cant solve it even with ASW. I have noticed that picture goes double just in miliseconds that looks like my instruments follow my head movement, but backing in positions after miliseconds. It is so sick. I have that problem just when going in ME and try ti fly missions that i have made (not all, but some). I dont have problem on SP campaigns or on MP servers. I do reinstalling of oculus home but i dont have any clue how to solve it.

If anyone can help i would be so happy.

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

double vision is usually when the frame rate drops below 45fps.

and it happens the worst when you look 90 degrees from the direction of travel.

ASW can help.

but its best to adjust your video settings so you stay above 45.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I'm running a 1080Ti and I still hit the VR preset button under options, then up all the textures to max and view to high. Pixel density (PD) under the VR options set to 1.7. This seems to work for me for now in small mission, not tried it on large scale mission, may need to tweak it down some more.

Control + Pause will bring up the DCS frame rate hud. Adjust settings to hold 45.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Unfortunately this is related to the move to deferred shading rendering. This should get better over time, there are pretty exhaustive threads about it on this forum. Suffice to say don't kill yourselves tweaking or messing with Oculus stuff for time being.

Make sure MSAA is off for now, and leave the PD as low as you can tolerate it (1.3 for a 1080, higher if you have a TI). Like others have said ASW really helps, but if the FPS gets so low even it can't compensate you will certainly notice it. This is going to be more noticeable on the newer WIP modules/maps like F-18 and Persian gulf.

Also, as a PSA make SURE that if you are using any type of profiling software for like a Warthog HOTAS that it isn't using CTRL+Numpad combinations as those can screw with ASW. For example CTRL+Num1 will disable it.

Hi,

I have same problem, but i cant solve it even with ASW. I have noticed that picture goes double just in miliseconds that looks like my instruments follow my head movement, but backing in positions after miliseconds. It is so sick. I have that problem just when going in ME and try ti fly missions that i have made (not all, but some). I dont have problem on SP campaigns or on MP servers. I do reinstalling of oculus home but i dont have any clue how to solve it.

If anyone can help i would be so happy.

Hi Avenger31

I have had this problem quite a bit and I found a weird solution that has been working for me on the forums but cant remember where.

Basically to fixed the double vision, hit F10 (the map) and zoom in all the way as far as you can.. then switch back to F1 and the double vision should be gone.

Hi Avenger31

I have had this problem quite a bit and I found a weird solution that has been working for me on the forums but cant remember where.

Basically to fixed the double vision, hit F10 (the map) and zoom in all the way as far as you can.. then switch back to F1 and the double vision should be gone.

I will try that too, i dont know what to do anymore. It is so sick and make DCS unplayable for me sometimes when that start to hapening even on MP.

Thanks

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

• 1 month later...

Same problem - Strange solution

Hello...

Sorry for bringing this topic up again. I have similar problem with double vision/jitter when moving head. It happens as soon as I enter the mission and start playing. I have stable 45 fps (no dropping). I tried every solution I have read in this forum but nothing seems to work for me but only one rather strange solution.

As soon as I start mission I put it on pause and take off Oculus googles for 10-20 seconds. When I put them back on everything runs smoothly. Sometimes, after while in the game it starts jittering again. Solution is the same take off googles/put on again.

This leads me to conclusion that I have problem with VR tracking and not graphics performance.

My rig should be powerful enough for the game: I7 7700K/GTX1070/16GB RAM/m2 SSD.

If anybody has the solution for my problem I would be very thankful cause I'm tired of taking off googles every time game starts.

TX

Double vision tracking jitter is only resolved by rolling back nVidia drivers to 388.59 . This is the last set where it doesnt screw the tracking.

Is this fix for you? Well - if you get tracking jitter in game and then come back to Oculus home and it is still jittering even there (until PC restart or Oculus services restart) then the driver rollback should fix it.

Absolute pain in the butt.. But hey ho

Double vision tracking jitter is only resolved by rolling back nVidia drivers to 388.59 . This is the last set where it doesnt screw the tracking.

Is this fix for you? Well - if you get tracking jitter in game and then come back to Oculus home and it is still jittering even there (until PC restart or Oculus services restart) then the driver rollback should fix it.

Absolute pain in the butt.. But hey ho

Oculus no longer recommend using 388.59. They recommend updating to the newest driver.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to see this, as well. ASW helps a bit, but messes with the HUD. I don't have a top-of-the-line PC anymore, but it only started to do this. Tried different Nvidia drivers to no avail. My Rift seems to tun fine in IL-2:BOS...no issues there. I'll be shelving DCS until I can either upgrade, or this gets optimized. :(

For reference: Ge1060GTX, i7-3770K @ 4.0, 16GB RAM, SSD...and yes, it's not a monster, but up until a week ago this wasn't happening. Happens over the Caucasus with both old (FC3) and new (F-18) modules.

I'm starting to see this, as well. ASW helps a bit, but messes with the HUD. I don't have a top-of-the-line PC anymore, but it only started to do this. Tried different Nvidia drivers to no avail. My Rift seems to tun fine in IL-2:BOS...no issues there. I'll be shelving DCS until I can either upgrade, or this gets optimized. :(

For reference: Ge1060GTX, i7-3770K @ 4.0, 16GB RAM, SSD...and yes, it's not a monster, but up until a week ago this wasn't happening. Happens over the Caucasus with both old (FC3) and new (F-18) modules.

Try running Oculus Tray Tool in the background. Get in the cockpit. Press Alt-Tab, cycle the ASW OTT options auto-45-off, and then select off. Don´t minimize OTT, just Alt-Tab again to DCS. Check if you get rid off the double vision.

It works for me but it´s a pain to setup for every flight ;)

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Try running Oculus Tray Tool in the background. Get in the cockpit. Press Alt-Tab, cycle the ASW OTT options auto-45-off, and then select off. Don´t minimize OTT, just Alt-Tab again to DCS. Check if you get rid off the double vision.

It works for me but it´s a pain to setup for every flight ;)

Just set up a profile in Oculus Tray Tool for DCS with your preferred ASW setting.

I always have mine set to off for DCS.

Works a champ.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Still getting it. What happened? Did Oculus push out an update the broke something? Did ED? It's driving me crazy now. No settings in ASW work very well. I get that I have an older rig, but it wasn't doing this before...all of a sudden a few weeks ago it shows up.

I have to adjust ASW off everytime I turn on DCS, so..., consider yourself lucky you have been playing many days without it :D

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I do to. I used OTT for the longest time, but then it stopped working. So I had to manually disable ASW every time I started DCS with the Oculus Debug Tool. But now, now matter how I start, what ASW settings I use, the double-vision/judder shows up (ASW lessens it, but the artifcating is terrible). And it wasn't there only a few weeks ago. Again, is it an Oculus thing/ And ED thing? My Hardware's the same, but something has changed and it's driving me mad. I was hoping to try the PG this weekend, but I'm staying away from DCS until I can sort this out.

OTT only works with oculus home running.

if you run DCS with home disabled then OTT settings wont take effect.

why I manually turn off ASW as im still running the old oculus home and disable it when running DCS.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

No isnt fixed! when i launch a vikhr in ka-50 it still happens. (i believe when the smoketrail from the vikhr is will be vissible in front of the cockpit)

there are people complaining about frame rate drops in 2d when firing vikhirs.

so double vision in VR here will be because the frame rate is below 45.