VR - double view when moving head

jiri01

Same problem on several rigs. From an old i7 920 OCed to 3.6 Ghz to my new i7 8086K OCed to 5.0 Ghz with a GTX 1080. Solutions are going to map view and looking around the hangar until it goes away. That does it 9 out of 10 times. If it doesn't work, go to the map view and then take your headset off far enough for it to go black, and put it back on. A final option is taking the headset off, in map view, and alt+enter to toggle full screen.

Same problem on several rigs. From an old i7 920 OCed to 3.6 Ghz to my new i7 8086K OCed to 5.0 Ghz with a GTX 1080. Solutions are going to map view and looking around the hangar until it goes away. That does it 9 out of 10 times. If it doesn't work, go to the map view and then take your headset off far enough for it to go black, and put it back on. A final option is taking the headset off, in map view, and alt+enter to toggle full screen.

LOL, and in some cases standing on one foot, jumping up and down and quickly reaching down to touch your toes... yeah that works 10/10 times. :doh:

Been working on the same problem for a while now.

I have convinced myself that it is something to do with Geforce experience In-game overlay, possibly in association with higher graphics settings.

Might have to reset the tracking ( hide the headset from the sensors) if the overlay is turned off after the stutter has started

So many variables …

David

Still getting it. What happened? Did Oculus push out an update the broke something? Did ED? It's driving me crazy now. No settings in ASW work very well. I get that I have an older rig, but it wasn't doing this before...all of a sudden a few weeks ago it shows up.

I had that issue once when I turned off vsync. Turned it on and the issue went away. With the recent nvidia driver update I can run with vsync off.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 1 month later...

I have convinced myself that it is something to do with Geforce experience In-game overlay, possibly in association with higher graphics settings.

Might have to reset the tracking ( hide the headset from the sensors) if the overlay is turned off after the stutter has started

So many variables …

David

Many Oculus problems reported with GeForce experience running in the Oculus forums. I uninstalled it.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I have convinced myself that it is something to do with Geforce experience In-game overlay

It has nothing to do with it. I'm getting this jitter/double vision problem a lot nowadays even though I always keep the geforce experience overlay turned off.

I've also tried deleting the fxo and metashaders folders but it doesn't change anything.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me too. Seems to have gotten a little worse with the latest OB update. Its not there all the time, just comes and goes at random.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

• 3 months later...

No, the issue is still there for me. If I reboot DCS is smooth as silk until about 20 minutes into a mission. Then the double vision returns.

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 1 month later...