Templates

jsr9597

AFAIK there are only static and unit templates. A mission wide template would need to be a default miz file as far as my understanding goes.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

AFAIK there are only static and unit templates. A mission wide template would need to be a default miz file as far as my understanding goes.

Yeah, for instance my template I'm working on is harriertemplate.miz when I change something to make it a mission I save as and rename it so I still have the original .miz file and the new complete one.

• 1 month later...
Looking to add mission templates. Question - where find them and wen I do, where save them so I can use them in ME?

DCS doesnt include any built-in Static Templates, but you can create them yourself.

I used to have whole mission .miz files, to use as a "templates" when starting to create a new Mission, but you can use them just at the beginning and have to remind of "saving as" in order to not change the original.

Currently, the static Template feature allows me to load one template, say one that puts scenery airfield objects at Mozdok, and then load another, say one that put SAMs on the whole Map, and then load another template that puts scenery on another airfield, etc

... so I can load multiple templates that complement each other, rather than use a single mission as a basis for the new one.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB