Stop AI from landing after trigger

Dkraver

Hi :)

Hope someone can help me with this thing. Im trying to set up a plane to defend a area. But only when enemy moves into trigger zone. I got this covered pretty good. But my problem is that every time ai completes a task they return to a airport and land where i want him to return to fly around the designated area.

So here is what i have set up for a test to check if things work.

I have RED MIG-29 set up as cap, but with cap removed in advanced. It has a ROE=Weapon Hold in adwanced in SP WP.

Then it has 6 WP with a "search then engage in zone" in advanced

Then a WP 7 with switch to wp 1

In triggered actions it has

1. ROE = weapon Free

2. ROE = weapon Hold

3. switch waypoint (7)

Then i have a trigger zone

and last two trigger actions.

"switched" - part of coalition in zone (Blue)/ai task set - ROE = weapong free

and

"switched" - all of coalition out of zone (blue)/ai set task - ROE = weapon hold + ai task set "switch waypoint 7"

If i set a BLUE plane to fly past trigger but not into. MIG-29 will just fly its route.

Which is what i want it to.

If i set a BLUE plane to fly into the trigger zone the MIG-29 will change course and intercept blue plane.

which is also what i want.

If i set a BLUE plane to fly in to the zone and another past. The MIG-29 will attack the one entering the zone and leave the other.

Which is also what i want.

If i add a third BLUE plane that enters the zone after first plane is killed and the MIG-29 is flying away from the zone. The MIG-29 will return towards the trigger area and attack the new blue plane inside zone.

Which is what i want.

But here comes the problem. As soon as the MIG-29 have defeated the BLUE plane it returns to a airport and lands. Where i want it to return to its path. It still has fuel and weapons and i havent set up any RTB tasks.

I can see the switched triggers work since it attacks BLUE planes in zone and also return if a new planes enters. And also it dont attack the plane outside the side.

But why is it returning to a airfield and not to its route/path/waypoints? as instructed with the set task trigger. What am i missing? what do i need to set up for it to work?

Hope some one can help :noexpression:

You explained very clearly your objectives. But, it is better to have a mission file to look for the problem.

Is the "Search then engage in zone" task is referenced in all the waypoints? (with -a at the end).

Do you have any tasks with a stop condition?

You explained very clearly your objectives. But, it is better to have a mission file to look for the problem.

Is the "Search then engage in zone" task is referenced in all the waypoints? (with -a at the end).

Do you have any tasks with a stop condition?

Sorry for the late reply. vacation ;) here is the file

cap test.rar