Search then engage in zone.

DUSTY

Can i please get some help with the 'Search then Engage in Zone' logic?

I am trying to set up a simple mission with two F-14A CAP stations where the F-14s only engage threats that enter into the prescribed zone but I am having a lot of trouble getting it to work as designed.

Currently the Tomcats just stay in their orbit and do not engage hostile fighters that enter into their search zone. The aircraft have the mission or 'CAP' but i have removed the CAP option from the advanced waypoint actions and the 'search then engage in zone' is the only action.

There is a friendly AWACS airborne that definitely detects the threat aircraft which adds to my confusion as to why the Tomcat's cannot/will not engage the aircraft that enter their search/engagement zone.

I'm wondering if I need to add a specific ROE or additional action to achieve my goal.

I have searched the forums for assistance but all i could find was this thread from 2014 where the conclusion is that it seems this advanced waypoint action is bugged.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123290&page=2

I have attached the mission and would appreciate if anyone could lend me assistance.

GeorgianShield1.miz

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Okay so after further testing I have come to the conclusion that pairing the "Search and Engage in Zone" advanced action with the CAP tasking is bugged.

In my last test with one AI CAP set to task: CAP advanced action: search then engage in zone - the F14s are very passive and only engage with AIM-9s AFTER they have been engaged by the enemy Mig29s - There is no other advanced waypoint action selected and no restrictive ROE. in the pic below you can see that the Migs have fired first with AA10s before the tomcats engage with AIM9s despite the fact that they have AIM54s/7Ms onboard and a friendly AWACS for support.

qixTEov.png

I have had much better luck if I set the F14s to task: FIGHTER SWEEP with the advanced action, 'search then engage in zone' and it now appears to work as advertised.

Mission attached showing the results if anyone is interested:

If you run this mission you can observe Enfield11 which is set to CAP and the strange behaviour that ensues whereas Springfield11 is set to Fighter Sweep and they hold their cap station and engage hostile aircraft within the set zone MUCH better.

GeorgianShield1.miz

Edited by |DUSTY|

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

In the same waypoint you have Search and Engage in zone, before this very task, give your flight the task to Orbit for a given time. What happens is that your flight arrives in the zone, finds nothing yet and leaves as probably the Migs are not there yet. You should make them stay a while there.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Hi Dusty; having some sort of C&C for the AI helps immensely with this. A friendly AWACS or EWR should clear things up. :thumbup:

Hi, there is already a friendly AWACS in the mission within an appropriate range for the CAP station :thumbup:

In the same waypoint you have Search and Engage in zone, before this very task, give your flight the task to Orbit for a given time. What happens is that your flight arrives in the zone, finds nothing yet and leaves as probably the Migs are not there yet. You should make them stay a while there.

They are already set to orbit within the search zone but thank you for the input.

I've reported this months ago. It's bugged, but will be fixed in the next update:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207771

Great news, thank you for your bug report! Shame it didn't turn up when I searched the forums for similar issues :cry: