Bombs: QTY and MULT settings have no effect

LeCuvier

I have been using a mission for ground target training. It uses MK-82 and MK-83. I was always able to drop single bombs. Since the last update, even though both QTY and MULT are displayed as 1, they are always dropped in pairs. This seems wrong.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Known issue, should be patched in the next update or so.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

not everyone is on the same version?

I'm on the latest version and the last update broke it.

Edit: I was on the latest update, but I now see that there is a new one. Will let the update complete and check again. Tomorrow.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'm on the latest version and the last update broke it.

Edit: I was on the latest update, but I now see that there is a new one. Will let the update complete and check again. Tomorrow.

This is working now. I can drop bombs singly or in multiples. QTY and MULT are defined in the UFC.

It seems tha QTY is the number of pylons that fire, and MULT is the number of bombs per pylon.

LeCuvier

QTY is the total number of bombs dropped in a sequence, MULT defines how many are dropped at each pulse.

Dual racks will only release one at a time though.

QTY=2, MULT=2, will release two bombs as a pair.

QTY=4, MULT=2, INT=100, will release two pairs with 100ft of spacing.

QTY=4, MULT=1, INT=100, will release 4 single bombs with 100ft of spacing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

QTY is the total number of bombs dropped in a sequence, MULT defines how many are dropped at each pulse.

Dual racks will only release one at a time though.

QTY=2, MULT=2, will release two bombs as a pair.

QTY=4, MULT=2, INT=100, will release two pairs with 100ft of spacing.

QTY=4, MULT=1, INT=100, will release 4 single bombs with 100ft of spacing.

I tried, and yes it's as you say. However, I tend to dive-bomb and only release the bombs when I'm fairly low in order to have a good hit chance. In that mode I suppose the interval cannot work. I had set QTY = 10, MULT = 1, INT = 30 and the 10 MK-82 all came down at about the same spot.

LeCuvier

I was still diving when I dropped, so I probably was at about 1 G, but did not read the G value.

I tried again, this time with INT = 200, made sure I was on the right course aligned with the column of 8 trucks and dropped my 10 MK-82 from 2,200 ft. Spacing between the trucks was between 100 and 150 ft. I had 7 hits - amazing!

Again, thanks for the input!

Edit: I forgot that TACVIEW records flight data... On the first strike I was at 0.8 G, on the last one 1 G. I suppose we should release bombs at 1 g?

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Who says that? Straight line flight is cosine of the dive angle. Your G at straight line release would be 0.707 which the airplane which is absolutely permitted and accounted for by the avionics. The usual limit of release is "G equal to the normal straight line flight path" and "60 degrees of dive" which equate to a 0.5g minimum at release for such a dive.

I'm just explaining how it is ingame right now. Not how it is IRL or how it should be.

If you apply force either negative or positive while rippling bombs, you will not get the spacing you entered into the FCC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.