Missing Features: Rockets and Wing-Guns.

Hello.

I really like the BF-109. U did a really good job, but:

I bought a product, which costs as much like a complete computer game, where I read much about rockets. I read about rockets on the homepage, I read about rockets in the manual.

Rocket, rockets everywhere.

But as I wanted to fit rockets..... WHAT THE ****?? NO ROCKETS.

So, it's a feature u name everywhere, but you don't deliver.

Same to the Wing-Guns.

Fix this soon. This is a bug. If its no bug, I call it FRAUD.

Btw:

I dont care, what happened in the past with the BF-109. Or what u promsied to people, or not.

U sell a product.

U name features.

I expect these features, when buying for money.

This is no EA/ALPHA/BETA.

Thank you in Advance.

Edited by Vannipo

I cannot find any mention of rockets for the 109 on either the DCS homepage or Bf-109 K-4 product page https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/kurfurst/?SHOWALL_1=1 ... so it is hardly fraud.

I agree that the the manual is absolutely littered with references to the rockets and firing rockets... if they are fitted (which they are not). However, the manual also says that the Wfr.Gr. 21 rockets were rarely used (p25) and the underwing tubes were hated by pilots, so it makes sense not to include them. (If anything, priority would be given to RIV underwing gondolas... which were at least used by III./JG26).

Personally, I would love to see Wfr.Gr. 21 rockets on the Bf 109 K-4 - and more German WW2 matériel more generally - but the K-4 module to me certainly seems pretty complete as is. :)

This is an evergreen and many liters or even gallons of virtual ink have been spent on the subject. ED should have removed all references to rockets from the flight manual, or simply stated that they are not implemented because they were hardly used at all.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

There's a difference between seldom used and not used. The Wing Guns were seldom used by the K-4..But they were used.

The aircraft was configured for them at the manufacturing level, and front line units did equip them, for actual combat. Therefore it's not unreasonable to ask for them, provided the devs have enough data/time to make it happen. That's the point (aside from all the ink spent)

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

There's a difference between seldom used and not used. The Wing Guns were seldom used by the K-4..But they were used.

The aircraft was configured for them at the manufacturing level, and front line units did equip them, for actual combat. Therefore it's not unreasonable to ask for them, provided the devs have enough data/time to make it happen. That's the point (aside from all the ink spent)

Have you Link for that? Would be intressted where you found Source with K4 and Wing Guns?

Anyway German Manual for BF-109K Cockpit Switch Wrf.Gr for serial Production Aircraft Removed!!!!

Compare to all other Aircraft K4 D9 was rare that was the best Remaning Fighter of the Luftwaffe and you dont put draggy not reliable heavy Wing Gondolas and Wrf.Gr under this Fighter to make them a easy Target again.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I think that the FW-190 (not the Dora though) was selected for the Schlachtflieger role especially at the Ostfront, when the JU-87 was phased out. This is also what Hans-Ulrich Rudel writes in his book. The FW-190 was considered more robust than the Bf-109 and therefore more suitable. In the West, facing huge swarms of fast Mustangs and other allied fighters, it would have been suicide to fly the Messerschmidt slowed down to a crawl by these gun pods.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Have you Link for that? Would be intressted where you found Source with K4 and Wing Guns?

Although this question might not have been aimed at me, I have nevertheless been having a good look through my books and the Internet to see what I could find.

The first reference seems to be the DCS K-4 manual, which talks about it. However, nearly all the other references I have come across are referring to the G-6, and then suggesting or hinting that late-war models could have a variety of different underwing weapons. However, there is not explicit mention of the K-4 anywhere.

There is a reference on Wikipedia (Caldwell, Donald L. JG 26: Top Guns of the Luftwaffe. New York: Ballantine Books, 1991. ISBN 0-8041-1050-6), however I don't have this book and the Google-Books version of it only has some pages (none on which mention the K-4 external weaponry).

Anyway German Manual for BF-109K Cockpit Switch Wrf.Gr for serial Production Aircraft Removed!!!!

Compare to all other Aircraft K4 D9 was rare that was the best Remaning Fighter of the Luftwaffe and you dont put draggy not reliable heavy Wing Gondolas and Wrf.Gr under this Fighter to make them a easy Target again.

It’s in the Manual. ED acknowledged that they were in fact used.

It’s not a deal breaker for me that we don’t have them personally. Like you said they hinder performance...But the point I’m making is that it’s not unreasonable to want them in the sim.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer: