Ctrl 1-2-3 and 4?

Turnip

I have searched my butt off but I remember reading a post where if you hit the CTROL 1-2-3-or 4 while in the sim, it disables ( I THINK ) the MSAA or ??? I have tried multiple setups and hit on a few that work but it never stays the same. Each time I fly, something is screwed up. I know this has been beaten into the ground but still have no solid settings for performance with Oculus.

I overclocked my GTX 970 and set the MB/CPU to PERFORMANCE in the BIOS. I use the Oculus debug tool as well after reading tons of posts. I can't seem to fire the magic bullet.

The ctrl+numpad numbers are related to ASW for the Rift.

Ctrl+numpad 1 should disable ASW.

I personally use the Oculus Tray Tool for things like this instead...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

OK< Here's the issue. I use the tray tool and select DISABLED for ASW. It doesn't seem to have an effect so I go into the cockpit, hit CTRL 1 and it does nothing to stop the stuttering. I hit CTRL 1-2-3 and 4 to see which one helps but its never the same. WEIRD! I have most of my options OFF in the DCS menu per the other posts on this matter. Pullin g=my hair out to find a happy spot.

You can tell if ASW is disabled as you will get fps between 45-90. With it enabled you only get 45 or 90.

Plus with it enabled you can easily tell in the Spit by the crazy wiggling gun-sight.

I have found using the Oculus Tray Tool with a profile for DCS works pretty good for me. I always fly with ASW disabled.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

it used to be that you needed oculus home running for the try tool options to work.

so if it is not turning of ASW do you have oculus home started?

I run DCS with home disabled so use the ctrl-num1 to turn off ASW.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I have Oculus Home running along with the tray tool. Is there a certain sequence to run HOME, TRAY TOOL and DCS?

I myself always start the Tray Tool first, then put the headset on and Oculus Home then starts.

But again, there is a quirk of late where the Tray Tool does not always apply after a DCS Launch. Sometimes I have to exit out and launch DCS again, then the Tray Tool settings apply. I use audio confirmation in the Tray Tool so I know right away if it is happening.

Don B