Possible Issue: Flag Set Random Value

Baaz

Situation: 5 groups created, each set to Late Activation dependent upon random value rolled.

Mission uses in-game triggers only, no scripting of any kind.

Problem: Only Group 1 Spawns upon every mission start.

Mission triggers listed as follows:

TYPE: 4 MISSION START > NO CONDITION > FLAG SET RANDOM VALUE (1, 1, 5)

Type: 1 ONCE, Spawn group 1 > Flag Equals Flag (1,1) > Group Activate (Group 1)

Type: 1 ONCE, Spawn group 2 > Flag Equals Flag (1,2) > Group Activate (Group 2)

Type: 1 ONCE, Spawn group 3 > Flag Equals Flag (1,3) > Group Activate (Group 3)

Type: 1 ONCE, Spawn group 4 > Flag Equals Flag (1,4) > Group Activate (Group 4)

Type: 1 ONCE, Spawn group 5 > Flag Equals Flag (1,5) > Group Activate (Group 5)

The above method works perfectly fine on Caucasus Map, but not on Persian Gulf (haven’t tried on Nevada or Normandy). Since this is not a crash, no logs are created. Can anyone confirm, or what am I doing wrong that won’t allow this method to work on PG?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Issue still persists after updating to 2.5.2.19641

Edited by Baaz

Curious...looks good from here.

What if you set it as a ONCE type trigger vs. MISSION START? With no conditions it should produce the same effect.

Fee,

Thanks for having a look, and I agree it should; however, it doesn't. And again, the triggers work perfectly fine on Caucasus; but for whatever reason it just doesn't work on Persian Gulf. Were you able to test this yourself? I've ran a repair prior to updating with negative results. I tested after updating to today's release, still with negative results, and tried running a repair a second time after updating; with negative results. I'm at a loss here as to what could be the reason for it not working on my end.

EDIT: Since I failed to state earlier, I'm using Beta version (haven't tested on Standard). Also, changing trigger to "1 ONCE" still failed to correct the issue.

Edited by Baaz

Fee,

Thanks again for checking it out. I was exited to see a roll of 4, but then nervous as the next 4 rolls were also 4. That being said, after a couple more runs it is working as intended with your test mission. I must assume at this point that I'm incredibly unlucky, or my mission is corrupt. Again thank you. You taking the time to look into it is greatly appreciated.

Baaz

Yeah I've seen every number come up. Watching the Mi-8 trying to autorotate into the harbor is my favorite :lol:

Only thing I did differently was add that little time delay so it's clear when exactly things are happening. Might try adding text output to yours like I did so you can see where exactly it's failing.