Warthog P51D Profile Assistance Inquiry

New to DCS world. Got here from the A10C attraction from nearly 2 decades in the FSX world. Have logged nearly 10 hours and am having a great time learning.

My first love has always been piston slappers. I picked up the P51D on the recent sale and it keeps yelling at me from inside my computer. I simply can't help myself. Is there a 12 step program for this addiction?

Anyway, I downloaded Polaris's profile for my TM WH Hotas and Throttle. Have read and beieve I somewhat understand the procedure for getting it installed. In the comments section of the User Files under the download the comment was made that the controls are fine for DCS 2.5, but the instructions are not.

Before I go in a F'c everything up, is there anything I should be aware of as far as file structure or placing the profile?

Any pointers would be most appreciated. I know, I know, learn to bind controls. But... this is the easier softer way and I just want to get in the air. I will tweek as I learn.

Not ready for the custom controls section yet, but am always willing to learn.

Thanks

"Nugget"

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

All right... you guys shamed me right into doing this... I get it.

After obtaining a diagram of the button numbers associated with each HOTAS button, I have the hotas and my rudders working. Took a nice dawn flight in the P51D over Batumi.

Nice.

Let's see if I can get someone to assist with the pinky lever. The profile pic I have has a modifier of the pinky Lever, button 4, along with the TMS hat used to pull up and cycle through the kneeboard.

Yet when I look in the control panel assignment in the add mode the modifier is limited to keyboard descriptions. How do I assign both button 4, pink lever AND a TMS hat move?

Got the throttle and rpm working OK, will work on throttle buttons. We're getting there.

Cheers!

Edited by Radial9

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin