X-56 Hotas Issues

Having issues with my Saitek X-56. Stick was working fine then suddenly lost responsiveness in my X-axis (roll). All other axis and buttons work fine. Did the usual trouble shooting:

[*]Unplugged/plug back in

[*]Re-installed drivers

[*]Double checked Controls in game

[*]Calibrated stick (some feedback on the X axis but still nothing in game)

[*]Plugged in old X-52 and it worked fine

Brand new HOTAS and no issues or degradation in functions prior

Waiting to hear back from Logitech.

Hoping someone may have had a similar experience or have a solution I havent thought of.

Thanks

Dutch

Something similar happened to me with X and Y axis not responding or Y axis "forgetting" previously set curve.

In my experience even only changing deadzone or curve and applying makes the joystick come to life again.

However it's some weeks I don't experience this issue (i wondered whether it might be related to registry cleaning as I've changed some settings in CCleaner)

Constantly having the exact same issue, also with a X-56.

The solution is, as Truthkeeper suggested, setting the deadzones within your Logitech software to any value, save that, then set them back to your value, save again. Works evertime, but is really annoying.

Since this is my standard procedure now before entering the cockpit, i also figured that everzy once in a while my set deadzones are deleted again and everything is back to 0. Guess that's another reason to double check settings within that wonky Saitek/Logitech piece of software/hardware...

Thanks guys, I tried those suggestions and still no luck. I contacted Logitech and they recommended the following:

• Clean Reinstall

o If you can, while the device is plugged in, access the Device Manager and find the device and uninstall the driver.

o Update Windows to ensure that all the latest Windows updates are installed.

o Download and install the latest .NET Framework for your Windows installation from here: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/framework

o Update/Install USB and chipset drivers.

o Unplug your device

o Clean boot. Instructions can be found here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/228

o Download and install the latest drivers

• Use USB 2.0 instead of 3.0/.1

• Bypass USB hub and plug directly into PC

• Test in joy.cpl

o To access the Windows controller tool please type joy.cpl in the Windows Run box (Windows key and the R key pressed at the same time) then select Properties and the Test tab.

• Test on another computer

No luck on my end but maybe it'll help you with your issues.

Thanks again for your help

Dutch

• 9 months later...

F/A-18C ISSUE WITH LOGITECH HOTAS X-56 JOYSTICK

Did you purchase the old one or the updated X56?

F/A-18C ISSUE WITH LOGITECH HOTAS X-56 JOYSTICK

Hello

Can anybody help me

I have Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick grey version with the latest drivers and updated.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick works perfectly with Digital Combat Simulator using any aircraft like F-15C but I bought the F / A-18C and only obeys the x axis, y axis and z axis but the other buttons assigned to fire the cannon, missiles and other commands does not work having previously assigned those buttons.

Why do Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick Trigger and other bottons NOT work with F / A-18C ???

The Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F / A-18C is not working properly for any of you?

Could someone help me, what should I configure to work perfectly as it does with all other aircraft.

Stay tuned,

Thank you

DRTDXBOX

ESPAÑOL

Hola

Alguien puede ayudarme

Tengo Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick con los ultimos drivers y actualizado.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick funciona perfectamente con Digital Combat Simulator usando cualquier aeronave como F-15C pero compré el F/A-18C y solamente obedece el eje x, eje y y eje z pero los otros botones asignados para disparar el cañon, misiles y otros comandos no funciona habiendo asignado previamente dichos botones.

Por qué el botón de disparo de cañon y de armamento del Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick NO funciona al usar el F/A-18C???

A alguno de ustedes no les está funcionando correctamente el Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F/A-18C???

Podrían alguien ayudarme, qué debo configurar para que funcione perfectamente como lo hace con todas las otras aeronaves.

Quedo atento,

Muchas gracias

DRTDXBOX

• 3 months later...
Having issues with my Saitek X-56. Stick was working fine then suddenly lost responsiveness in my X-axis (roll). All other axis and buttons work fine. Did the usual trouble shooting:

[*]Unplugged/plug back in

[*]Re-installed drivers

[*]Double checked Controls in game

[*]Calibrated stick (some feedback on the X axis but still nothing in game)

[*]Plugged in old X-52 and it worked fine

Brand new HOTAS and no issues or degradation in functions prior

Waiting to hear back from Logitech.

Hoping someone may have had a similar experience or have a solution I haven't thought of.

Thanks

Dutch

I've have had some stick functions not working and I was so worried, love the new X56 stick.

Then I remembered that the stick screws off to expose all those important contacts. After unplugging the USB cable, I unscrewed the stick and carefully screwed it back into place and the stick was back to normal again after that.

Next time I take it apart, I will apply a small amount of silicon oil to the screw thread so it tightens smoothly.