TACAN Course line gone?

RDDL405

Hey everyone quick question; after updating I seem to not be able to set up my TACAN course lines on the HSI page, nor do I see the TACAN station symbol that I've tuned to even though it gives bearing and range, and shows that it's being received. I'm asking if this is a known bug, or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks!

Hey everyone quick question; after updating I seem to not be able to set up my TACAN course lines on the HSI page, nor do I see the TACAN station symbol that I've tuned to even though it gives bearing and range, and shows that it's being received. I'm asking if this is a known bug, or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks!

Are you running off of the release branch, or Open Beta?

IIRC, the missing TACAN ID was fixed a couple of updates ago.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

I can agree with above. Something is wrong with TACAN. Worked fine until update. Since update I get only a bearing. No distance or time of arrival or TACAN mark on HSI. Doesn't matter if it's X or Y band, result is the same; bearing only. Happy to see it's not only me.

I've downloaded your track but never looked at it, i simply opened it in the ME and directly found your issue, re-edit your mission, select the Stennis, in it's Advanced Waypoint for the Tacan, simply select the Stennis unit name in the « Unit » dropdown menu, i think it's « Unit 001 » or something like that in your mission, in anyways, it works after.

smile.gif

I've downloaded your track but never looked at it, i simply opened it in the ME and directly found your issue, re-edit your mission, select the Stennis, in it's Advanced Waypoint for the Tacan, simply select the Stennis unit name in the « Unit » dropdown menu, i think it's « Unit 001 » or something like that in your mission, in anyways, it works after.

:)

Is this something that went into effect yesterday? I have never bothered with that drop down box in the past. I assume the same must be done with the ICLS then too? Having an issue with ICLS as well, and was assuming I was doing something wrong in the plane.

Is this something that went into effect yesterday? I have never bothered with that drop down box in the past. I assume the same must be done with the ICLS then too? Having an issue with ICLS as well, and was assuming I was doing something wrong in the plane.

to be honest man i don't know, i've been selecting the Carrier's unit names in the dropdown menu since day 1 the Stennis came out as the unit to apply it to cuz i never knew if in a group we had to point it directly to The Stennis unit from the group of ships, so i always did it since day one the Hornet Came out.

BTW i just rememebred, each unit in a group can now have a Tacan, so i think since that patch they introduced the features we started to be able to apply tacans to each units of a group we got to apply it there now, as if you create a group of 3 Carrier for exemple, 1x Stennis, 1x Vinson and 1x Tarawa, each can have a Tacan, so that is how you point the Tacan to each units.

Edited by Doum76

Yep i just tried, need to point the Stennis or Carreir you want for the ICLS and Tacan in the dropdown menu, i'm having now both ICLS and Tacan working.

BTW i just rememebred, each unit in a group can now have a Tacan, so i think since that patch they introduced the features we started to be able to apply tacans to each units of a group we got to apply it there now, as if you create a group of 3 Carrier for exemple, 1x Stennis, 1x Vinson and 1x Tarawa, each can have a Tacan, so that is how you point the Tacan to each units.

Rgr, thanks for clarifying.

Do you still need to add in advanced tacan for carrier at each waypoint?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Do you still need to add in advanced tacan for carrier at each waypoint?

Nah, i simply add it to the first waypoint (got to admit my carriers are straight line, only one waypoint), but as mentionned on previous posts, make sure in the « Unit » dropd down meny of the advanced waypoint you select the carrier.