Static Carrier Assets on Land??

mike5cents

Does anyone else have this issue? I set up static planes on my carrier and when I run the mission I get "ghosts" of the statics near the Khasab airfield.

Anyone else get this and if so, do you have a fix? I've seen the red AI planes try to attack the ghosts even though they aren't visible.

Thanks in advance!

TWO.thumb.PNG.4bd6041fc0a710df420d64ed60569959.PNG

ONE.PNG.534524975b9746740ad490472633708a.PNG

Because its easier to arrange the deck to your liking with statics? Thats not really the point.

Yes i also have this, i'm not sure if they are set around Kasab or around the BLUFOR Bullseye, because by default its set there.

Same here. And on Caucasus they are placed on Crimea.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Me too.

Most probably, because of the fix offset setting and the carrier movement.

the F10 map has to show the icons for the static planes. But it does not track the carrier to put them on it. So they are centered on the map I guess.

Interesting: I have just checked and I am not having this issue, I only have Caucasus Map installed.

Something to do with mods you have installed perhaps, or something you are doing to the Mission Editor with a mod.

Can't think of any obvious reason for this to happen to you and not to me.

Try removing all your Mods and see if it persists. If it goes, its a mod issue.

Just to make sure. Problem isnt that we cant place the static planes and heli's on the carrier. They are there on the deck all fine and dandy, but their icon on the map dont appear on the carrier, but at Khasab airfield, and Crimea.

Goes for both Stennis and Tarawa.

And no mods.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Just to make sure. Problem isnt that we cant place the static planes and heli's on the carrier. They are there on the deck all fine and dandy, but their icon on the map dont appear on the carrier, but at Khasab airfield, and Crimea.

Goes for both Stennis and Tarawa.

And no mods.

Exactly. That's the problem I'm seeing.

Okay, its not a Mods issue then.

Confirm you have a completely clean instal, nothing added, nothing changed at all, no changes to scripts or any other files. The game as it came out of the box ?

Also, have a look at this video, if you are doing it this way it should all work correctly, there are a few video's out there showing you how to do it and some of them are wrong or misleading because parts of the game have been updated

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3525067&postcount=13

Edited by crazyeddie