TDC control binding blocks and Flare Dispenser are muted.

Heater741

Re: FA/18 Hornet

So I've found the controls to slew the TDC and I am trying to bind them to my Warthog HOTAS, however, the boxes are "Grey" and the TDC will not slew in flight. Only the UP control works. My Flare dispenser seems to have quit working and that bloc is muted as well. Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

Edited by Heater741
Added aircraft type

RAZ+R

Yes sir. I'm using the "Throttle Designate Control" (whatever that means) and the master arm is on. They are the only Grey boxes in the setup menu. In flight, my system does not recognize the inputs. Thanks for the reply tho.

Re: FA/18 Hornet

So I've found the controls to slew the TDC and I am trying to bind them to my Warthog HOTAS, however, the boxes are "Grey" and the TDC will not slew in flight. Only the UP control works. My Flare dispenser seems to have quit working and that bloc is muted as well. Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

Are you looking at the ones on Axis Commands (mouse)? If so you cannot designate it.

On the All page, there are some more bindings that will work with the warthog nipple. I had exactly the same yesterday.

Also double check that some random control has not changed since the last update and that when you need to use the dispenser, the dispenser switch is still in middle position, the countermeasures system is armed and the correct mode you want to use is selected. Might be you are enabling it all and something else is switching it back off.

As for radar Tdc slew, do you still have the diamond in the top right corner of the DDI?

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Frederf

WOW! That worked!!! This community is awesome!!! Thanks SO much for your help. I am not a programmer and I am TERRIFIED of messing with the files and stuff so I dare not tinker with them if I don't know what I'm doing.

I opened the program this morning, the boxes in the "ALL" menu were still muted, I closed the program, opened the INPUTS folder under HORNET, and dragged the KEYBOARD file onto my desktop then re-started the game...and BAM! The muted boxes were gone! (Some other boxes were had the same muted condition, but I don't use them.) I flew my F18 A2A training mission and I can now slew my TDC and lock targets as advertised.

Side Note: When I Alt + Tab to check the INPUTS folder, the KEYBOARD file had been "magically" replaced. That was SIERRA HOTEL advice Frederf!!! Kick ass!!!