Kindle as a monitor?

Has anyone used an Amazon Kindle (7 inch) as a monitor?

I am interested in using one for a Shkval for both Su25T and Blackshark.

I would also like to use it as an MFD for Harrier, A-10C, (maybe A to) and F/A-18C (in that order).

If you have done it how did you do it?

Can you post step by step instructions?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a modified Android, which may cause some issues. But you can side load Google Play on Kindles. And there are (were?) some A10 specific modules in Google Play that allowed you to treat the Android screen as an MFD, for example. You could try it out and see if A) The android app is still live, b) load it in Fire to see if it works.

Good luck.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I use my kindle fire as a monitor via the spacedesk app. You have to download or side load the apk file to the kindle, then use a third party file browser to install it. It does have some lag (100-200ms, depending on wireless signal and display complexity), but it works.

Splashtop’s wiredxdisplay would be better, but I was unable to get it working with the kindle fire. Probably some hardware differences the app doesn’t like.

I was not able to figure out how to get the frogfoot shkval display to extract properly. If you figure that out, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Define...... side load.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sideload means installing apps in a non-traditional method. So installing of using Google Play or Amazon App store, you download the APK files (think of them as the EXE for Android) from somewhere else, change the permission for application to "install from unknown sources", then use any file manger to click on the APK file to install.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1