Cockpit art errors

DDSSTT

I searched for this and looked through several pages and I have not seen anyone report this yet. Not that this is a big issue but something I've noticed a lot while flying.

When Gear is Down and Flaps are set to Auto, the Gear Handle and Flaps Switch visually clip slightly.

Screen_180722_112922.thumb.png.e7c49dd5d457010a9bde9779684403e0.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

• 2 months later...

Gear Lever & Flaps Switch 3D Model Collision

Gear lever in down position and flaps switch in auto (full up) collide and get inside one another. Easily noticeable in VR, especially when leaning forward a bit and looking from the right side of the cockpit.

uvQCTEd.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

DDI Font too far forward

Hi

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not but i think it is one. I noticed that the writings on the DDI (at least on the left one, the right i didn't check but i guess it happend there too) are too far to the front. They appear not at the actual green CRT screen but on the glass which protects the green CRT screen. When you lean far forward and look at it, you notice it.

I attached a screenshot to illustrate this.

I think the writings should be displayed on the green surface and not on the glass in front of it.

It is certainly a minor bug, though

cheers

Hornet_DDI_Font.thumb.png.18a27e7f429c82966c005e5c5c62eb3b.png

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rotary Knobs missing night lighting effect

Hey all,

While doing some night flying recently I noticed that a number of the cockpit rotary knobs are missing the fluorescent lighting effect so you can see what they are set to when its dark and you have the cockpit flood lights turned down.

The ones I've been able to notice with this problem are.

Position Light rotary to left of throttle quadrent

Formation Light rotary to left of throttle quadrent

Console Light rotary on right console.

Panel Light rotary on right console.

Flood Light rotary on right console.

Warn/Caut Light rotary on right console.

Chart Light rotary on right console.

Radar Operation rotary on right console.

INS Operation rotary on right console.

Cheers

D

attachment.php?attachmentid=204675&stc=1&d=1550414517

attachment.php?attachmentid=204676&stc=1&d=1550414517

873120820_F-18nolights1.thumb.jpg.89c88d339aefffb164fefe078109eda3.jpg

403175149_F-18nolights2.thumb.jpg.8ed34d4106f256d02a1e0f1275e08676.jpg

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 2 weeks later...

[ALREADY REPORED] Left MFD shows info outside

The TDC show info outside the MFD

tjgDLsX.jpg

7S0eDqj.jpg

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• 2 months later...

A few bugs:

Left rear side of canopy: Wires going through each other

Right rear side: Wire ending in nothing

NVG and Canopy Frame: JHMCS Symbology gets blurred when you are looking through it with NVG at the Canopy Frame

Rear of cockpit: There are a lot of missing things making the rear of the cockpit look empty, something which it isn't.

Screen_190525_220924.thumb.png.c4096b0db5ed1e6bd06d315fa1156d91.png

Screen_190525_220930.thumb.png.219b45b7651c887cbf57b18bce717a60.png

Screen_190519_213401.thumb.png.426960480daca2913ff40be6478cc13e.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not but i think it is one. I noticed that the writings on the DDI (at least on the left one, the right i didn't check but i guess it happend there too) are too far to the front. They appear not at the actual green CRT screen but on the glass which protects the green CRT screen. When you lean far forward and look at it, you notice it.

I think the writings should be displayed on the green surface and not on the glass in front of it.

cheers

Indeed, it seems that data is overlayed on top of the cockpit textures and it is especially noticeable when sunlight reflects off of the DDIs. While you can't see the screen's surface due to the reflection, the data often remains visible and sometimes it's clear that it displays on top of the reflection.

Same goes for the AMPCD, the UFC and the RWR.

A good solution would be to add a reflective layer on top of the original one.

That way, the draw order problem is solved and the displays actually look and behave like displays.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

There are two fasteners missing

Something missing in the cockpit.

Are those wires fixed with magic?:smilewink:

There are two fasteners missing.

A lot of time the canopy frame is in your field of vision, it’s not unimportant.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211749&stc=1&d=1560240173attachment.php?attachmentid=211750&stc=1&d=1560240173

Screen_190611_134940.thumb.JPG.50b4b93289330c702c96e46f5dca7e4e.JPG

18cockpit.thumb.JPG.b4548944332c222e9870272785e9c64e.JPG

Point out that such obvious things missing is not... ...anal.

That's a matter of opinion... It's not that obvious or other people would have spotted it... like a wing missing... LOL

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

That's a matter of opinion... It's not that obvious or other people would have spotted it... like a wing missing... LOL

So it seems everyone who report bug in the bug report Sub-Forums are anal,because they all found bugs that others did not found.

Maybe should add people who found bugs but lazy to post.

Edited by Northwind

Depends on the 'obvious' definition. As Yeti42 said, a missing wing is obvious, a missing fasterner not so much for most people...except F/A-18 maintenance staff... ;)

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

I agree :)

It's not like it's a missing switch or knob, or something functional.

I'm pretty sure that the model is probably missing a few thousand other parts, nuts, bolts, rivets etc., .. and my F-18 flies just fine .. :)

Devs have far more important things, like functional items, .. to occupy their time with.

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

The positions of those two fasteners are easy to notice. What's wrong with reporting the missing of those two fasteners?This is not even in a corner that is very difficult to notice, it's in the front and a lot of time in your field of vision.

I didn't expect this bug to have a high priority, just a report,like other cockpit art bugs.

Edited by Northwind

• 3 weeks later...
The TDC show info outside the MFD

tjgDLsX.jpg

7S0eDqj.jpg

That's because the DDI data is displayed on top of the protective glass, instead of the DDI CRT itself. I think that's one of the issues that should be prioritized, it looks really wrong at times.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

That's because the DDI data is displayed on top of the protective glass, instead of the DDI CRT itself. I think that's one of the issues that should be prioritized, it looks really wrong at times.

Reported already half a year ago. Apparently still not fixed unfortunately :cry:

Hi

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Since the launch of the hornet I noticed that few bolts/screws over the dashboard of the Hornet are missing in the cockpit 3d model...I havent seen a single picture/video of any hornet where they are not there so I guess is not a version thing...I would like tem to be added as they are quite noticeable and are always at sight...Im talking about this:

1562760973-fa18referencepg-6.jpg

1562760973-mq1cafv.jpg

fa18cockpit.jpg

BB-cockpit.jpg

F18_Cockpit.JPG

maybe not a priority but I wanted to know if they should be there and if so, I dont know how this was ignored and would like to have them modelled at some point.

thanks!

Take a look at my MODS here

• 1 month later...
Hey all,

While doing some night flying recently I noticed that a number of the cockpit rotary knobs are missing the fluorescent lighting effect so you can see what they are set to when its dark and you have the cockpit flood lights turned down.

The ones I've been able to notice with this problem are.

Position Light rotary to left of throttle quadrent

Formation Light rotary to left of throttle quadrent

Console Light rotary on right console.

Panel Light rotary on right console.

Flood Light rotary on right console.

Warn/Caut Light rotary on right console.

Chart Light rotary on right console.

Radar Operation rotary on right console.

INS Operation rotary on right console.

Cheers

D

attachment.php?attachmentid=204675&stc=1&d=1550414517

attachment.php?attachmentid=204676&stc=1&d=1550414517

It would be so great to get a fix for this, its such a shame that such nice night lighting in the cockpit is spoiled with all these missing knob markers.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.