Cockpit art errors

DDSSTT

On 1/23/2021 at 1:22 PM, sopebird said:

When using Track IR or VR to move your head, there will be a "non-transparent bar" that block some important HUD indications or texts. Especially when your view angle in cockpit is high. Sometimes, for example during landing, even the FPV can be blocked at a specific angle. 

Untitled-1.jpg.14a50d036ab62cf47a0f9527c8a56718.jpg

im fairly certain that is correct as it as the hud glass is 2 peace's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

With the roadmap posts increasingly pointing to ED calling the F-18 "out of early access," any chance we can get some insight into the numerous problems noted in this thread? There's no mention of art updates/fixes in the roadmap.

It would be pretty disappointing to see the module go to "released" with holes in the cockpit, missing bolts and brackets (literally right in front of the pilot's eyes on the towel racks), untextured objects in plain sight...

Edited by AngelAtTheTomb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

So the 2 white catridges at each inner side of the canopy:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7079/7347100586_9e67f0cc1a_b.jpg
those apear to be textured fine, even with black labels on them, but only when watching from F2 view (or any exterior).

While in F1 cockpit view, those are just plain white, almost as if there were no textures at all.

I already played with the graphic settings since i run DCS at max, tried to lower some values to see if it loads any different - nothing.

Really just a cosmetic thing but it somehow disturbes me now that i know 🙂

Any ideas what i could try or is this just a bug ?

Edited by Jel

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

On 8/30/2022 at 6:00 AM, Jel said:

So the 2 white catridges at each inner side of the canopy:

Really just a cosmetic thing but it somehow disturbes me now that i know 🙂

Any ideas what i could try or is this just a bug ?

It was reported years ago and has yet to be fixed.

There's a mod somewhere in user files, one of the cockpit texture mods, that includes some very nice textures for these canopy rockets, complete with detailed warning stickers. I can't remember what it's called, but there are only a few F18 cockpit mods, so you should be able to find it.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, razo+r said:

any possibility that ED will assign some dev time to the Hornet to fix some of these issues

I hope not, there are lots of more important use for developers than spend time fixing cosmetic peeves 😐

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I hope not, there are lots of more important use for developers than spend time fixing cosmetic peeves 😐

So upgrading older models that are free should take priority over fixing issues in a paid module? I can't agree with this...

• Like 6

• ED Team

please dont start a back and forth. 

When the team have time they will address the minor issues, first we are focused on the remaining main tasks.

thank you

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Instead of starting a new topic, I want to post this here:   Does anyone notice currently that the brightness knob on the IFEI is not dimming the lights at all?  I just played Raven One: Dominant Fury Mission1 again, and my IFEI was super bright the whole time.  

• Like 1

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

2 hours ago, Talvid said:

Instead of starting a new topic, I want to post this here:   Does anyone notice currently that the brightness knob on the IFEI is not dimming the lights at all?  I just played Raven One: Dominant Fury Mission1 again, and my IFEI was super bright the whole time.  

Ensure the cockpit lights switch is set to night mode.

• Thanks 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/