Getting back to M2KC training and same problems remain.

DaveRindner

Getting back to training M2KC cold start. Same problems remain for me. Some of the instructions are ,"The what and what, and what what the heck is he talking about'.

To enter Altitude for alignment, select Right window for Meters, Left for feet. OK, WHAT WINDOWS? They are not highlighted in training mission, so I have no clue as what he is referring to. Same for initiate alignment process button. WHAT BUTTON? WHERE? WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? Why is it not highlighted?

On radio set up. I cannot see the settings M and G. The pit is so dark, in daylight, and even with flashlight, I cannot tell what is set to what. The instructor text is out of sync with function highlight.

On Engine start. The instruction as to switch settings are unclear as to how they are set. Which way is OFF/ON , and VENT G or D. So my engine remains cold when holding down start for one second. Very confusing, and unclear instructions.

These training missions suck, and YT vids are insufficient.

One of the main problems, and why YT videos are not useful for me, is that the cockpit is so dark, I can't see many of the labels, and cannot tell which way the switches are set. So an error would go unnoticed, because it is hidden in the dark.

Module has been out for some time. I cannot be the only guy to notice this shortcoming.

Edited by DaveRindner

Getting back to training M2KC cold start. Same problems remoin for me. Some of the instructions are ,"The what and what, and what what the heck is he talking about'.

To enter Altitude for alignment, select Right window for Meters, Left for feet. OK, WHAT WINDOWS? They are not highlighted in training misson, so I have no effing clue as what he is referring to. Same for initiate alignment process button. WHAT BUTTON? WHERE? WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? Why is it not highlighted?

He is talking about the INS displays, there is a left one and a right one. When you are in ALT setting, the left screen is in feets, the right in meters, pressing the left plus (1 key) or the left minus (7 key) on the numberpad will select the left, same thing for the right. The button to initiate alignement process when in ALN mode is the VAL green and yellow button, it is said by the narrator and it lights up.

While it's not highlighted, if you follow the tutorial closely, it's pretty clear. Those training missions are really good in my opinion.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Getting back to training M2KC cold start. Same problems remain for me. Some of the instructions are ,"The what and what, and what what the heck is he talking about'.

To enter Altitude for alignment, select Right window for Meters, Left for feet. OK, WHAT WINDOWS? They are not highlighted in training mission, so I have no clue as what he is referring to. Same for initiate alignment process button. WHAT BUTTON? WHERE? WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? Why is it not highlighted?

On radio set up. I cannot see the settings M and G. The pit is so dark, in daylight, and even with flashlight, I cannot tell what is set to what. The instructor text is out of sync with function highlight.

Have you tried to read the manual provided with the module ? It's pretty good and all is explained in better details.

In my opinion the training missions are very good :).

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Dark pit even with flood lights, flashlight and instruments lights is killing me. I can't tell if the switch is set right or wrong. Gamma up just makes dark black dark grey, without increasing illumination.

Most important training mission is Cold and Dark, and it just does not work for me. I loose the instructor, and session goes out of sync.

Dark pit even with flood lights, flashlight and instruments lights is killing me. I can't tell if the switch is set right or wrong. Gamma up just makes dark black dark grey, without increasing illumination.

Most important training mission is Cold and Dark, and it just does not work for me. I loose the instructor, and session goes out of sync.

Have you tried to read the manual provided with the module ? It's pretty good and all is explained in better details.

:)

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

These trianing misisons are great. At first I had the same issues but I adjusted my VR headset and played with the settings until I could get a clear picture of all the main buttons you need to know. I even whipped out the track ir at one point because the French lettering was throwing me off.

The ins windows are the small red squared calculator looking displays on the top right below the fuel gauge meter and to use them enter coordinates in the left window but you have to also select east or west which is selected via the 3 or 9 key. If you look closely enough you should see a E or W above the numbers. In alt mode you can enter altitude in either feet or meeters. 1 will let you enter numbers in the left window which I think is feet and 7 let's you enter in the right section but meters? I haven't flown try mirage in while but will definitely be getting back to it soon.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I got it figured out, I think. Thank you. Mirage has been the most problematic for me. Not flying, but cockpit procedures. Dark pit, even fully working, and lit with all available lights, is too dark, and some functions and dials (G meter) are lost in dark or obscured. Granted that obscuration is not RAZBAM's fault, but nature of cockpit of the type, but illumination of pit is squarely on RAZBAM. At night, M2KC pit is just pure pitch dark, and flashlight only slightly illuminates it.

Mirage , sadly, has distinction on my rig, as most crash-prone , software crash that is.

The other RAZBAM module I have, AV-8B , works fine, except that Harrier AI wingmen are dumbest lugs doing stupid things to crash and die or kill me on the ground.