Simpit Centurion 270

draken152

Hi all,

because my FW190D pit is close to the final stage I am wondering about the displays.

I have two possibilities 3 curved big monitors 40" and more or Simpit centurion 270.

Currently I am preferring to use centurion but I have some questions:

- what are your experience with centurion 270 and DCS, resoluttion, FOV, calibration an so on???worth to buy???

- It is some distributor in europe(there are crazy custom duties in mycountry)???

- have somebody bough it in last year, what is your impression about simpit company, delivery,

communication and so on????(I have read some negative experience here)

Any advice or experience is welcome:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Building FW190D pit ,,To Dora with love" http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132743

I have the Avenger, bought it last summer.

Most is the same I guess, exept that I use 2 projectors.

Calibration should be the same but with an extra projector, it's tedious, but not hard with a laser.

-I used to have the ring on top, but will change to ceiling mount in my new apartment.

It will feel more "grainy" than a monitor, but it's a huge image that is seemless :)

Resolution depends on your projectors, but they have to be short-throw. You get what you pay for, which could be aloooot! 3x projectors, if they are used maybe new bulbs and such, cost quickly runs away.

3x monitors are probably cheaper in the end, but a 270° screen is a 270° screen ;)

-Komodo sim had something going on, but they've not posted any news of that in years sadly, but ask them at Simpit if they have anyone :)

-Delivery was very fast, but I find their communication abit lacking for general questions on facebook atleast, mail has been fast when it comes to product issues, but that's about it, I find them slow to no answer at all considering support.

I recommend them strongly tho!

Building it is very simple, Simpit Warp instructions feel dated, but you can figure out most of it your self by experimenting a bit. It's awesome when you get it right!

I bought the 180 avenger from SimPit. My advise - stay away. After payment the communication with the seller/owner stopped for weeks. I had to open a paypal dispute due to no communication. He eventually shipped and said the delay was due to him re-designing it and it wasn't able to fit into the box... When I finally received it I found the assembly instructions didn't match what I received..! He promised an updated manual but never sent it. I Had to figure out how to assemble myself. Also note the wood is very prone to warp and will move around if you bump it in the least. I ended up having to re-enforce the whole setup with L-brackets and machine screws and had to create a 1 peice stand for the whole thing because the legs wobbled. The assembly screws provided were wood screws - which means you'd never be able to disassemble if you ever needed to relocate it.

Also be advised they re-sell the projector software from fly.elise and brand it as their own - calling it SimPitWarp. You can buy the projector warping software directly from the developer @ https://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/products/immersive-display-pro

If you buy, just beware of lots of headaches.

Hope this helps.

I bought the 180 avenger from SimPit. My advise - stay away. After payment the communication with the seller/owner stopped for weeks. I had to open a paypal dispute due to no communication. He eventually shipped and said the delay was due to him re-designing it and it wasn't able to fit into the box... When I finally received it I found the assembly instructions didn't match what I received..! He promised an updated manual but never sent it. I Had to figure out how to assemble myself. Also note the wood is very prone to warp and will move around if you bump it in the least. I ended up having to re-enforce the whole setup with L-brackets and machine screws and had to create a 1 peice stand for the whole thing because the legs wobbled. The assembly screws provided were wood screws - which means you'd never be able to disassemble if you ever needed to relocate it.

Also be advised they re-sell the projector software from fly.elise and brand it as their own - calling it SimPitWarp. You can buy the projector warping software directly from the developer @ https://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/products/immersive-display-pro

If you buy, just beware of lots of headaches.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the info... To be honest I was first thinking to make the frame by my self using bosh profiles 20X20 and laser cutted wooden parts. I can make it open able in middle and easy transportable... Problem is the black projection screen that I will probably need to order from simpit if the guy will want to sell it independent...Or I will use classic black polycarbonate and than I will paint it with special black projection paint for example like this ....Problem is to find the polycarbonate with 4 meter lenght....:music_whistling:

1783724673_FW190Dpit.thumb.jpg.539f6cc3c5291645de8012555834798d.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Building FW190D pit ,,To Dora with love" http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132743

Thanks for all the info... To be honest I was first thinking to make the frame by my self using bosh profiles 20X20 and laser cutted wooden parts. I can make it open able in middle and easy transportable... Problem is the black projection screen that I will probably need to order from simpit if the guy will want to sell it independent...Or I will use classic black polycarbonate and than I will paint it with special black projection paint for example like this ....Problem is to find the polycarbonate with 4 meter lenght....:music_whistling:

Forget that special 'projector paint'.. total ripoff. I used a recipe I found online to re-paint my screen. The 'black screen' that Simpit sells is actually dark grey.

If you are in the USA - I have a paint recipe from Home Depot that works great. Its a mix of three paints. I used a quality paint roller and the results were great.

Here you go -

Behr - Silver Screen / Flat Matte (Ultra White). Home Depot paint #1050. 1 Gallon

Behr - Black / Flat Matte. Home Depot paint #1300. 1 Quart

Behr - Dark Pewter / Semi-Gloss. Home Depot paint #5400. 1 Quart

Mix all three approx as.

2l Silver Screen

250ml Black Matte

200ml Dark Pewter

I mixed the paints in a new/clean/empty 1gal bucket using a paint mixing drill attachment.

For a darker screen, mix in more Black Matte. After mixing I applied with a quality paint roller and achieved excellent results with only one application.

Here you go -

Behr - Silver Screen / Flat Matte (Ultra White). Home Depot paint #1050. 1 Gallon

Behr - Black / Flat Matte. Home Depot paint #1300. 1 Quart

Behr - Dark Pewter / Semi-Gloss. Home Depot paint #5400. 1 Quart

Mix all three approx as.

2l Silver Screen

250ml Black Matte

200ml Dark Pewter

I mixed the paints in a new/clean/empty 1gal bucket using a paint mixing drill attachment.

For a darker screen, mix in more Black Matte. After mixing I applied with a quality paint roller and achieved excellent results with only one application.

Thanks a lot...:worthy::worthy::worthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]