Option to turn off ALL screen text

I would love to fly around with radio chatter coming through and absolutely ZERO text on the screen...

In CAS, for example, I like to go full realism and actually write down a 9line as it's being read to me. Looking up and having the text visible actually kinda ruins the immersion..

Try to disable this option:

tDXdlVo.png

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking for this, as well

Unfortunately, couldn't find a fix for this

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

If you want no text at all, try vaicom pro. You press radio button and directly speak with your voice, no menus or text on screen, AI answers to your voice. If you disable subtitles, you can go 100% realism, even with the jtac. Vaicom pro is 6 bucks, a price everyone can afford.

If you want no text at all, try vaicom pro. You press radio button and directly speak with your voice, no menus or text on screen, AI answers to your voice. If you disable subtitles, you can go 100% realism, even with the jtac. Vaicom pro is 6 bucks, a price everyone can afford.

Agree ! It is much more immersive , and great for VR as well . I don't even know the keyboard commands having gotten accustomed to simply saying what i wish to happen .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I vouch for Vaicom Pro as well.

You can also disable the own player's voice and communications menu, not just subtitles. Then you don't hear your own pilot repeating what you just said or see any communication text on screen at all. Commands happen much quicker as well as Vaicom communicates directly with the game as opposed to working through the menu system.

Exactly! You speak and then you hear ai units answer without listening to your pilot alter-ego voice first. It's a real radio simulator. If you want, you can also have environmental sounds on your speakers and radio messages on phones. Your homemates could think you are a bit mad talking to the computer asking for runway clearance, but if you are an hardcore flight simmer maybe they already think you are, so you have nothing to loose!

I have Viacom Pro. Even with the settings you guys have mentioned, I can't disable the custom voice text that appears during missions/campaigns with voiceovers. i.e. if you run the standard A10C CAS NTTR instant action mission, the text box appears showing what Wags is saying "A mixed company of T55 tanks etc"...anyone know how to get rid of that?

I can also recommend VAICOM Pro, it was a game changer for me, especially in tight situations, such as an ongoing A2A engagement and it's far more immersive in general. For the mission-related text, it's not part of the actual audio subtitles etc, but placed there as a text window by the mission creator. You can sometimes disable it by editing the mission, but it's often useful information that is used instead of dialogue, since not every mission creator can make voice-overs.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 4 months later...

Harker, how exactly could I remove a text from a mission?

Could you please give more details about?

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

There must be a way to remove the text

Maybe inside the .miz file... i don't know

I have Viacom Pro. Even with the settings you guys have mentioned, I can't disable the custom voice text that appears during missions/campaigns with voiceovers. i.e. if you run the standard A10C CAS NTTR instant action mission, the text box appears showing what Wags is saying "A mixed company of T55 tanks etc"...anyone know how to get rid of that?

Having a working VoiceAttack installation with a succesfully loaded Vaicom Pro plugin loaded into DCS, while there "Hide On-Screen Text" is ticked. Go through the configuration menu of your Vaicom Pro profile again and check what you've ticked and what not.

If it still doesn't work, your VA installation and/or Vaicom Pro profile is corrupt.

Edited by Der Hirte

The text is INTENDED to be read.

I think it is a mission designers only chance to bring something to the eye of the pilot (like ACARS is in the real aircraft) ... just as an example. Many missions don't use audio files to tell the pilot something, thus mission designers often use "text only".

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 months later...
Absolutely hate and detest the forced messages on screen. Destroys realism. Unbelievable that ED in 2020 still don't allow these unrealistic messages to be switched off.

“Bad day to be enemy.”

“Let em have it!”

“Way to fly that thing!”

What am I, 12 years old?

How the heck do I remove these childish victory congratulations!?

So lame and corny!

“Bad day to be enemy.”

“Let em have it!”

“Way to fly that thing!”

What am I, 12 years old?

How the heck do I remove these childish victory congratulations!?

So lame and corny!

Never seen it. Part of the mission perhaps?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Never seen it. Part of the mission perhaps?

I created a new generated mission with the Nevada map, just an F-5 as US Aggressor against a F-14B. The two sides are only US and US Aggressor. Only generated with F-5 as player plane, and only other objects were min enemy fighters. Had to remove all the SAMs and vehicles after generation, by the way, as the generator added them, even though I specified none for every thing except the min enemy planes. All climate time values were vanilla, summer, clear, noon. F-14B skill level was set to Average.

After I shoot down the F-14 is when the messages appear in the top right, with grey backing bars. They stay on screen for about 5 seconds. Same bars as those which appear in the training videos, that later fade away.

I looked everywhere for how to disable this: mission settings, General controls, overall game settings. I tried Left Ctrl + Left Shift + Y, but nothing helped.

If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate your help!

I created a new generated mission with the Nevada map, just an F-5 as US Aggressor against a F-14B. The two sides are only US and US Aggressor. Only generated with F-5 as player plane, and only other objects were min enemy fighters. Had to remove all the SAMs and vehicles after generation, by the way, as the generator added them, even though I specified none for every thing except the min enemy planes. All climate time values were vanilla, summer, clear, noon. F-14B skill level was set to Average.

After I shoot down the F-14 is when the messages appear in the top right, with grey backing bars. They stay on screen for about 5 seconds. Same bars as those which appear in the training videos, that later fade away.

I looked everywhere for how to disable this: mission settings, General controls, overall game settings. I tried Left Ctrl + Left Shift + Y, but nothing helped.

If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Easy, don't use generated quick missions. :)

Just hop in the mission editor, stick an F5 and an enemy F14 and battle it out.

The messages appear in Quick missions, i guess, to let the player know there's nothing left to hunt.

Easy, don't use generated quick missions. :)

Just hop in the mission editor, stick an F5 and an enemy F14 and battle it out.

The messages appear in Quick missions, i guess, to let the player know there's nothing left to hunt.

That doesn’t sound like a solution to me. What if I want to create broad mission scenario? The whole point of the generator is to save time doing it. But why should I be penalized with lame arcade morale boosters? The generator exists to be used. There should be a way to turn this nuisance commentary start off. If anyone knows please let me know.