AUTO bomb steering line

Gunny Highway

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me like the auto line isn't ground stabilized. It seems to move like the mav image does with roll input. Dive bombing and careful placement of the flight path marker will do the trick in the mean time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

+2

Frustrating, considering since the jet's primary function is to bomb stuff. One would have thought this would be high up on some list, somewhere, to get right.

Still my favourite module though. Looking forward to seeing it develop further.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hi guys I will check this out, however in the future please can you provide more detail.

When you report a bug, we try to reproduce the circumstances that made that bug appear. Sometimes we can do that and sometimes we cannot. And squashing a bug that refuses to appear is quite difficult and some people think that we are calling the liars, when we believe that they are experiencing the difficulties that they claim.

Please when reporting a bug, we will ask that you do the following:

1. Write a short explanation.

2. Save a track file, if possible.

3. State what were your actions at the time the bug appeared (i.e. "I was firing rockets.").

4. State what mission were you flying. If the mission is custom made, please attach a copy (this can be omitted if the track file was included).

Thanks for your help

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

hi guys I will check this out, however in the future please can you provide more detail.

When you report a bug, we try to reproduce the circumstances that made that bug appear. Sometimes we can do that and sometimes we cannot. And squashing a bug that refuses to appear is quite difficult and some people think that we are calling the liars, when we believe that they are experiencing the difficulties that they claim.

Please when reporting a bug, we will ask that you do the following:

1. Write a short explanation.

2. Save a track file, if possible.

3. State what were your actions at the time the bug appeared (i.e. "I was firing rockets.").

4. State what mission were you flying. If the mission is custom made, please attach a copy (this can be omitted if the track file was included).

Thanks for your help

=DECOY= this is an old bug, from when the module released. It's been reported several times and yet still no resolution. It requires no other steps to reproduce other than to try to use the feature. Whilst your advice is appreciated, understandably there's some frustration from Razbam's customers given the age and severity of this particular bug.

Using Openbeta 2.5.3.24984, Caucasus Map, starting in the air with 12 mk-82 LDGP bombs, dynamic weather.

The main problem on this AFAIK, is our perceived over sensitivity of the Azimuth Steering Line (ASL). ASL tents to over react to any changes of the aircraft bank/yaw, making it very hard to aim at the target. To my understanding, this is because according to the manual, the ASL should pointing to the release point, not the target. This tells us that any changes to aircraft attitude, should change release point, making it hard for us to aim.

[ATTACH]199941[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]199942[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]199943[/ATTACH]

So, is the problem that we are not using it correctly, we don't fully understand it, or the in DCS, the ASL is to sensitive to aircraft attitude changes?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Your welcome, I don't have enough info to know if it is wrongly implemented or we use it incorrectly.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yes guys rember a track files saves a lot of time.

If we want bugs looked at please provide the info to make our job easier ;)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Please have a look at the F/A-18C in AUTO mode and how the ASL is going through the designation (caret on the ground). The ASL is fixed to the point on the ground like a pole extending upright from the target. This is its sole purpose to give you a reference to put your vector on to actually fly towards the target.

Now in the Harrier the ASL currently is a line, going upright somewhere between the HUD and the target, it banks wildly in the opposite direction of the bank you fly. That is plain wrong, the line needs to go through the target point and not move left or right, when banking. You need to move the plane, not the ASL!

If you need details on the symbology and how the HUD actually works, TAC manual, chapter 2.5 (page 2.54 ff):

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com/2016/05/av-8-harrier-tactical-manuals.html?m=1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Please have a look at the F/A-18C in AUTO mode and how the ASL is going through the designation (caret on the ground). The ASL is fixed to the point on the ground like a pole extending upright from the target. This is its sole purpose to give you a reference to put your vector on to actually fly towards the target.

Now in the Harrier the ASL currently is a line, going upright somewhere between the HUD and the target, it banks wildly in the opposite direction of the bank you fly. That is plain wrong, the line needs to go through the target point and not move left or right, when banking. You need to move the plane, not the ASL!

If you need details on the symbology and how the HUD actually works, TAC manual, chapter 2.5 (page 2.54 ff):

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com/2016/05/av-8-harrier-tactical-manuals.html?m=1

If you read that manual, you can see the ASL in the Harrier does not point to the target, it aim at the release point.

2.5.1 AUTO Delivery Mode. The AUTO mode

provides fully computed automatic release of

bombs, flares, or sonobuoys. It requires that the

target be designated by any method described

previously, by the pilot, in order to provide

command steering to an appropriate release

point. It provides flexibility in delivery since it

does not restrict the pilot to a specific set of

release conditions. AUTO delivery is summarized

in Figure 2-52.

During AUTO delivery a quasi ASL is presented

on the HUD when the apex of the computed bomb

trajectory is below the elevation of

the designated target. In this situation the ASL

is provided to the target (not the release point)

based on inertial data (or best available data).

Refer to Figure 2-53 detail B. The ASL disappears

if the pilot initiates slewing with the TDC.

To whom it may concern,

If you read that manual, you can see the ASL in the Harrier does not point to the target, it aim at the release point.
correct, sorry, my bad. But the point is, it does not sway like a drunken sailor when banking the aircraft. It stays fixed perpendicular to the release point.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)