2.5 stable or open beta

wolf74

Wich version do you suggest me between stable or beta of 2.5? I'm a recruit of this game.

IMO, there is not any point in using the release version, as it is usually just 1 week behind the OB. The only down side I can see is that there are some MP servers that only use the release version, but apart from that....

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Wich version do you suggest me between stable or beta of 2.5? I'm a recruit of this game.

It's quite simple, just ask yourself, do you wanna try stuff before they get on Release, or you wanna wait til they comes out on Release. Do you wanna do 1-3 Updates, as OB gets a few patches usualy before it heads for Release, or you just wanna do one Big Patch once it goes to Release. Do you mind getting possible bug on Patches as when it goes on OB there might be issues you find out first versus when it goes on Release, you get dozen of duplicates threads pointing to that new issues you can read and expect (cuz people can't read and create duplicates, like the keybinding on lat patch :))

I personaly have both version, so if something in OB makes me unhappy i stick with Release, but i usual use OB as my missions were made in OB when the Hornet came out and last time i tried to edit it in Release i had issues, so i simply use OB. For now each versions follows each others and are close, but for a while they were different, one was 2.5 and the otehr 2.5.2 etc...

Edited by Doum76

It's quite simple, just ask yourself, do you wanna try stuff before they get on Release, or you wanna wait til they comes out on Release. Do you wanna do 1-3 Updates, as OB gets a few patches usualy before it heads for Release, or you just wanna do one Big Patch once it goes to Release. Do you mind getting possible bug on Patches as when it goes on OB there might be issues you find out first versus when it goes on Release, you get dozen of duplicates threads pointing to that new issues you can read and expect (cuz people can't read and create duplicates, like the keybinding on lat patch :))

Re keybindings, you will have the same issue with the 'release version' now as that was a function of the changing nature of the development of the Hornet, not a bug.

IMO, there really is no such thing as a stable version, it is simply last week's OB. Then ED go to work on the bugs in it, etc. as so it goes on. For example, often - like now - the 'stable' and OB versions are the same, and it is that version that ED will be fixing bugs on.

DCS is just in a constant state of evolution.

When we had 1.5 release (and being patched), and beta versions of 2.2, then which version to use was a reasonable question, but as things are with 2.5, there really is no 'stable' and 'beta' version in my opinion.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The only down side I can see is that there are some MP servers that only use the release version, but apart from that....

Srry if this is a stupid question but how do u know which version a server is running ?

Will only the release version servers show if u boot up the release version and only the OB servers show if u boot up the OB version ? Or does Multiplayer show all servers and just not let u in if u are running the different version ?

To have both versions on my 500GB ssd is using over 260GB. At some point one of them is gonna have to go unless I can run one of them from a 2nd ssd drive ?

EDIT: Ok, can answer my own question now. Only release or OB servers will show in Multiplayer in the relative version u boot up. Far more servers running OB so will move the release to another drive for safe keeping.

Edited by Torian

didn't know there was a DCS stable version, know there is a:

DCS release version (use DCS_updater.exe update @release)

or

DCS Beta version (use DCS_updater.exe update @beta )

Would really like to get a DCS stable version, what command switch do i use to get that ?

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I think Johnny was being sarcastic!