How to contact Razbam?

davebert

Trying to help my step dad get his AV-8B working but after about 3 weeks (or more) of trying, I was going to contact Razbam but cannot find any contact links on their website. We don't do Facebook either. We contacted support here but are at a loss as we tried everything. The sim runs great with all aircraft unless he adds the purchased AV-8B with the new copy protection. Then the sim won't even load all the way or open. We can only get the sim to run if we remove the AV-8B folder from the aircraft's folder. Then everything works as normal. We did the repair numerous times, are running the latest version, have disabled and even uninstalled the AV from the pc. Nothing works so far. Anybody else have this issue and was able to figure it out?

Thanks

Strange. I haven't heard anyone have this issue.

How are you installing it via module manager ?

Have you repaired, cleaned or updated your install to see if this sorted the issue out

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

added ifo

Strange. I haven't heard anyone have this issue.

How are you installing it via module manager ?

Have you repaired, cleaned or updated your install to see if this sorted the issue out

We tried repair numerous times, updated the install to the latest version a couple of days ago, and played around with the AV software settings and finally uninstalled the AV and still no go. Support says its is something on the pc blocking the protection send/receive and to try to figure out what is doing it. He did replace his processor and upgraded his memory and we had to do the registry fixes for all of his other modules but they work fine. I wonder if the signature of the protection on the Harrier changed because of the upgraded hardware?? I don't know the details of how the new protection works on this module so I am trying to offer any info I can to get this sorted out.

Thanks

edit: We installed it with the module manager originally and it failed and caused the sim not to open and that is how we isolated it to be that module. But since then, if we remove the AV-8B folder from the aircrafts folder and run a repair, it installs the missing AV-8B module automatically and then the sim won't open so we remove it to at least be able to fly something else.

Edited by davebert

strange! and in such case, I would temporarily disable the firewall and the virus scanner.

Yeah, we tried that but I just tried it again using TeamViewer and shut off the firewall and disabled the realtime protection in ESET NOD32 AV and same problem. Very frustrating. Also ran SFC (system file checker) on his Win10 64 Pro and no problems found...

Edited by davebert

Send Prowler111 private message.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

dcs does not like folders to just dissapear...could corrupt your entire installation...do a clean install and use skatezillas app to check and install modules/maps/campaigns.. if the manager stops working :) and for the love of sims do not mess with registry files ..

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

If this is a copy protection issue, I'm afraid he might be as clueless as we are :(

Have you tried reinstalling the entire game from scratch?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

dcs does not like folders to just dissapear...could corrupt your entire installation...do a clean install and use skatezillas app to check and install modules/maps/campaigns.. if the manager stops working :) and for the love of sims do not mess with registry files ..

I bought him FC3 for his birthday and all was fine. Then the July sale came and I talked him into buying a bunch of jets so we would have the same ones. When he installed all the new jets everything went down hill after he installed them all. We looked at the dcs log and it appeared the Viggen was the problem. After that I thought maybe his pc was not up to spec as he had a X58 i7 920 @ 2.66gH and only 12 GB of ram. So I found him a cpu on ebay (i7 980) and got him to buy 24BG Triple channel ram as that is the most his MB allows. This made the sim much better and he re-installed the game (we forgot to deactivate the modules so lost a few deactivations), and one jet module at a time. Everything was going according to plan and all of the modules working and all he had left was the AV-8B. He installed that (all installs from the module manager) and then the game would not open. Just like before. So now we thought we knew the culprit. So I cut the AV-8B folder out of the Mods folder and pasted it elsewhere in case we needed it back. Then the game/sim works great with all the other jets.

Question. If we re-install the game again do we have to deactivate all the modules yet again or can we uninstall the game and the modules will remain activated?

Thanks

Edited by davebert
typo

What is skatezillas's app and where do I find it? And there was not any messing around in the registry as I was doing all the work through TeamViewer with him watching.

I found this on the DCS site:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/564/

Q: I want to reinstall the game on the same PC, do I need to use deactivation?

A: If you just uninstall the game and then reinstall it again on the same PC without reinstalling your operating system or changing hardware, you do not need to use a deactivation

So if that is true then it won't be too big of a deal to try reinstalling the sim.

Edited by davebert
added more info

So if that is true then it won't be too big of a deal to try reinstalling the sim.

That is correct.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks. One last question. Should we leave the AV-8B folder removed from the sim before the uninstall or have it in the mods folder (making the sim broke where it won't start) ?

Thanks

Shouldn't make a difference, so you can leave it removed.

Tornado3 small.jpg

What is skatezillas's app and where do I find it? ....

fancy updater, you can update, clean installation of improper folder placement, install/uninstall modules separately ...and so on

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

Ok, so we uninstalled DCS and deleted everything left in the folders. Downloaded DCS 2.5 stable and reinstalled it. I told him to add the AV-8B first instead of last after all of his other purchased jets and it failed exactly like before. The game will not start up with the AV-8B installed. Today he is going to add/install all of other jets and likely we will move or delete the AV-8B folder so we can fly. This is the only jet he has that has the new software protection on it so he is already worried about the future as he wants to buy the FA-18 later. Any other suggestions??

Thanks

Hmm, it really sounds like some kind of antivirus/firewall software problem.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hmm, it really sounds like some kind of antivirus/firewall software problem.

I tried to open ports on his router but the ones I tried were for hosting so that did not help. The firewall has been looked at and everything looks like it is correct unless we are missing a specific item besides DCS that need to be open. We removed the AV (in the past) and that didn't help and he runs the same exact AV software as I do and mine works. We also have Malwarebytes but it hasn't reported or quarantined anything. I did think about running a bunch more scanners and even rootkit scanners to dig deeper...

Thanks

edit:

Malwarebytes reported this but he didn't tell me about it until it happened again today:

port 6881

inbound

h:\dcs world\dcs world\bin\dcs_updater.exe

So I excluded it in MB and it doesn't fix the problem.

Edited by davebert
Added info.

You posted any dcs logs? Anything inside them that gives us any clues?

The logs have been given to tech support before now but when the game doesn't load the log is really short and not much good. I will get onto his pc and grab the logs and post them here.

Thanks

Edit:

We are currently running a root kit scan (Sophos) and it is gonna take a while. Then we will run some other Anti Spyware program just to look for any problem maybe the other scanners missed. Any other good scanners we could run to insure system integrity? We did the SFC on windows a few times and no problems found.

Edited by davebert
Added info