Mini Updates

Habu_69

Good job ED for Hornet planned update. She is getting complex and much more beautiful with the updates.

Wondering, Laser Guided bomb and JDAM is being planned, I am guessing Tpod would be required to use LGB. If required, then Tpod is around the corner too.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

First phase of LGBs will be through buddy lase. TPOD will come much later.

Was very surprised to see the new features in the radar - It now shows the missile that you launch. I assume that is realistic, but it makes me feel as if this plane comes from an arcade in the early 90's. Pilots have it SO easy these days...

First phase of LGBs will be through buddy lase. TPOD will come much later.

Was very surprised to see the new features in the radar - It now shows the missile that you launch. I assume that is realistic, but it makes me feel as if this plane comes from an arcade in the early 90's. Pilots have it SO easy these days...

It doesn't show the missiles themselves, just a visual approximation of missile Time To Impact. I don't think any of the missile in game have datalink capabilities IRL let alone modeled. I believe the AIM 120C-7 was the first one in US inventory to get that capability.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

It is just an approximation based on the calculated time to go, it's a feature on a large number of military aviation platforms, at least in the west. It's like a progress bar, but you can't really assume anything once complete, it's based on the parameters at launch including relative heading, rate of closure, distance and flight profile (loft vs more direct). Any change by the target aircraft throws this estimate out.

Good to know, thanks. It just amazes me that all the "easy mode" and "arcade" features that you see in other simulations might actually be in use and are no longer science fiction by some military aircraft today. I Remember flying EF2000 back in the day with a 360 degree radar. Maybe this is already implemented in a 6th generation aircraft today?

Bottom line is that you really need to appreciate the pilots who flew planes until the mid 80's. They had their hands full.

TDC new features: Practical?

This is not a criticism of ED or any of the team: It is a (potential) criticism of the Hornet. Does any one else here (after seeing the latest mini-update) find the new TDC selection features somewhat impractical? Watching I was thinking, "I could press all twenty MFD buttons in the time it takes that TDC to creep up and back in order to change the rdr range." Seriously, did the Hornet designers really not consider a simple HOTAS switch dedicated to changing the range? :-)

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

This is not a criticism of ED or any of the team: It is a (potential) criticism of the Hornet. Does any one else here (after seeing the latest mini-update) find the new TDC selection features somewhat impractical? Watching I was thinking, "I could press all twenty MFD buttons in the time it takes that TDC to creep up and back in order to change the rdr range." Seriously, did the Hornet designers really not consider a simple HOTAS switch dedicated to changing the range? :-)

If you assign the TDC to an axis instead of buttons you can tune the axis so that the TDC cursor moves as fast or as precise as you want.

I have the TM Warthog throttle and didn‘t change either axis for the Hornet, I just use the same axis tuning as for the Hog where I use it intensively for slewing the TGP. I found that speed and precision on the Hornet radar works very well for me with the sam axis tuning.

Edited by Hog_No32

If you assign the TDC to an axis instead of buttons you can tune the axis so that the TDC cursor moves as fast or as precise as you want.

I have the TM Warthog throttle and didn‘t change either axis for the Hornet, I just use the same axis tuning as for the Hog where I use it intensively for slewing the TGP. I found that speed and precision on the Hornet radar works very well for me with the sam axis tuning.

That sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, I use the X-55 Rhino and setting up the TDC to axis doesn't really work (Mouse nipple on my x-55 is broken). I use one of the 4-way buttons on the throttle.

I wonder can we adjust the responsiveness of the TDC cursor when using buttons? It is horrible to use right now. I find the acceleration of the cursor far to slow.

Nate

That would be nice! I would think (though could be wrong) that in the real jet, the function for TDC is still operating as, essentially, a button press and not a DCS-tweaked axis. Either way, many dcs users don't have a proper axis setup on their HOTAS.... so a faster TDC would be nice.

Again, I'm just surprised that the real hornet HOTAS doesn't offer radar range when it does offer elevation.

This makes it a different experience all together for those with a TMWH.

https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

Thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200198&page=19

Not affiliated with this product, but I did get one myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I find it a bit odd too, but maybe we should try it out. Besides, manipulating OSB's on the right DDI requires you to take your hand of the stick. Not really convinient while maneuvering.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I find it a bit odd too, but maybe we should try it out. Besides, manipulating OSB's on the right DDI requires you to take your hand of the stick. Not really convinient while maneuvering.

I actually place the radar on the left ddi so I don't have to take my hand off the stick (I've got my stick side-mounted on the right) when using the radar. But, you're right, I haven't actually tried it out yet.

I actually place the radar on the left ddi so I don't have to take my hand off the stick (I've got my stick side-mounted on the right) when using the radar. But, you're right, I haven't actually tried it out yet.

Wouldn‘t placing the radar on the left DDI result in the lower portion of the radar screen occasionally being overlaid with any ADVisories? I though that is why you normally have it on your right DDI only.