mission 4 problems

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

On my end I see the cargo just floating in the air when dropped off: I unhooked it at half rope length. For some reason it was also destroyed (probably because the cargo didn't "know" where the ground is):

cqe8U3o.png

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 1 year later...

This was a real challenging one, probably due to the lack of crane / sling experience i have in DCS.

It was more a problem of understanding what was required than it being a piloting skill.

I did find a feature in the bindings that shows a screen that helps with locating the cargo for pickup, and locating the dropoff location.

I don't know if i was supposed to lower the load a little or a lot.
I just kept trying stuff and eventually i got unloaded OK.
More instruction would be nicer.

Can anyone share any solid info how loading and unloading works?

As a side note the text in the mission briefing and in the English text subtitle says to go South West, when we really need to go South East
Can @=RAF=Armen make this correction and maybe share some sling loading tips?

Edited by v81

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

• 3 months later...

The thread says it isn't unhooking when dropping.

This happened also. The 3rd load doesn't unhook and crashes. I can't get a mission finished on this mission. It is a flaw because its always the 3rd load. Can be any of the three loads. Sometimes it sinks into the hill.

Its only happened once accidently when the rope tore and I dropped the load on the 3rd load but then I crashed the helicopter, and I got a mission complete message. But I was not able to take off again from the hill. So, I couldn't finish the mission.

• 1 month later...

Works totally fine for me with all the cargos, finished this mission yesterday. Only bug I encountered - if you did not properly place the load on the first try and then attempt to rehook it - physics engine can go bad and game will start to stutter really bad and cargo will be destroyed. So land the cargo carefully in the right spot from the first try.