I need more stuff to do!

Poopskadoop

So, I've been playing DCS for quite a long time (ever since it was called Lock-on). My most recent purchases were the F-18 and MiG-15. The planes are great, wonderful; I couldn't ask for better. However, there is one problem I have with DCS. There's not really a lot to do... The MiG-15, for example, came with no campaign and only a couple of missions. The F-18 came with nothing, though I understand it is still under development. So this begs the question: what is there to do? side note: I'm not interested in multiplayer quite yet.

I'm a bit too lazy to create my own fully fleshed out missions and campaigns, so I thought maybe others have amassed a large library of great missions for a variety of aircraft. However, looking through the user files section of missions, I am left a bit wanting. Half of them are in other languages, some are just updates to existing missions, others are just training missions. So my question is this: is there some resource for DCS missions that I have somehow missed? Certainly there must be some "classics" that are generally regarded as great missions by the community, no?

Specifically, I am interested in missions for the Su-27, MiG-15, MiG-21, and I suppose the F-18 (though I'm still learning it). And what I wouldn't give for a dynamic campaign system like the kind for Il-2 (and the great dynamic campaign mods it has)...

Also, I know there are campaigns for sale, but I'm not really in the mood to spend more money after having just bought the F-18. Are any of these campaigns worth the price?

Missions and campaigns forum give you all the premade missions you’ll wnt

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

ED is aware of this Problem. In the interview session from Crash Laobi with Wags, Wags mentioned "we made a great simulator but need to make a great game now" (or something similar). And they are working in a way to do some Kind of dynamic campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFzsxH4-fe8&t=1s

And with the the Dedicated Server on the horizon, there are maybe some more "Lone Wolf" friendly PvE Servers available at the end of the year, with more dynamic missions than the single player missions.

I know this feeling quite well. As the previous poster has said I think this is acknowledged by ED and for the first time in many years they are starting a walk in that direction. We don't know much about this but certainly Wags stated that a DC is in the plans. How far along the way we don't know, I hope not too far. Otherwise, once the F18 is outof EA and I can find myself with a lovely plane I truly like but having so little to do (Apart from multiplayer, which recently i've started to like more and more).

Just for you to know, within the mission and campaigns forum there is a post about Dynamic Campaigns based on a wonderful work done by MBot who has developed what he called the DCE (Dynamic Campaign Engine). Its a sort of very simple Dynamic campaign engine but good enough to keep you thrilled with mission in which you don't know what will happen (miles ahead of ED random mission generator which sucks). Unfortunately since we got DCS World 2.5 I think many of the campaigns are a bit buggy (Though I cant confirm). It definetely worth taking a look.

You might consider learning how to create missions and campaigns yourself. It's quite a challenge, and I'm still learning myself, but definitely worthwhile!

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

You might consider learning how to create missions and campaigns yourself. It's quite a challenge, and I'm still learning myself, but definitely worthwhile!

At least in my case, that ruins all the fun for me. I only get the immersion if i dont know exactly what to expect.

I mean, I like a briefing with expected threats as you would get in real life, but I dont want to know where the units are, when will enemies take off, how many and with which weapons...

Yes, I've fooled around with it quite a bit over the years, but these days I'm just too lazy. :P

Side note: Are the paid campaigns worthwhile?

Edited by Poopskadoop

How about going into multiplayer...there´s a LOT to do....never ending war

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

How about going into multiplayer...there´s a LOT to do....never ending war
This. Couldnt agree more. Just go to Blueflag server, pick a side Blue or Red and begin capture all enemy assets......... if you can

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Wags mentioned "we made a great simulator but need to make a great game now" (or something similar). And they are working in a way to do some Kind of dynamic campaign.

When I see the numbers of available campaigns compared to 3 years ago, I say kudos! Personally I am not seeking for dynamic campaigns. Quality linear campaigns will do perfectly for me!

I bought 3 campaigns for helicopters and you can see the reviews for two of them in my signature. Regarding the aircrafts you recently purchased: the F-18 has no campaign at this time. If I am correct ED said they would provide a mini-campaign later this year. As for 3rd party developers, everybody is waiting for the F-18 to be complete with all its features before developing campaigns. Makes sense. For the MIG-15, I've heard positive things about the "The Museum Relic Campaign" available for that aircraft (and the F-86). IMHO paid campaigns are generally good to excellent and well worth the money (10$). Personally I like to support paid campaign developers. Please note that sometimes there are bugs for triggers not due to the campaign developers, but updates to the DCS engine, terrain or aicrafts.

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Sorry mate, I missed that indeed :doh:

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

The OP said "I'm a bit too lazy to create my own fully fleshed out missions and campaigns" ;)

- Tony -

• ED Team
Yes, I've fooled around with it quite a bit over the years, but these days I'm just too lazy. :P

Seems I would be too biased to answer, but check out YouTube, many people have posted vids of them playing different campaigns. Might tell you that way... spoiler alert, they are totally worthwhile ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Be lazy or whine. Don't do both.

You're saying that you won't do what you expect others to do for you. Besides, there's enough randomization possibilities to make missions fun to play even for the mission creator.

Be lazy or whine. Don't do both.

You're saying that you won't do what you expect others to do for you. Besides, there's enough randomization possibilities to make missions fun to play even for the mission creator.

Are you suppose to create your own content in order to play a simulator/game? Flawed logic.

That DCS comes with tools to create your content does not change the fact that there is a big gap in content. That even his producer has ackownledge and thus they are making steps in the right direction (Good job to ED for always striving for perfection!)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

You might want to check out some of Baltic Dragon’s campaigns.

I only played the stock one that comes with the Mirage, and it’s just amazing.

I know there are some other great campaign developers out there; I only played (and loved) Baltic’s though.

As others have said, I suggest you take a look at the reviews on youtube so you can make yourself an idea of what to expect.

I've bought a few, but they are waaaaaaay too hard for casual simmer... :(

Some are difficult, I agree.

Have you tried the Museum Relic campaign (for the F86 or Mig15)? I would describe my flying as "challenged" rather than "casual", but I found this campaign scaled well with my skills. A lot of the missions are easy to get through but difficult to master. I often completed a mission without really feeling I did very much, then replaying it with a better idea of what I should have done.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

The action is in MP. :)

+1 quoted for truth, more fun playing with others than playing with yourself .....

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests