VFAT??....nah, something else

I like this idea.

But as far as I can see, there is one big issue that we as a COMMUNITY should be able to overcome:

There are -at least - two geographical zones of Lock On Fans: USA/Canada and Europe.

Now, to make it at REAL community event, we should be able to prepare ONE single event, that is split into two locations, running in parallel and connected via the internet.

My suggestion:

The European part of this event could be the LLTM 2008, and at least a second centre of activities located somewhere in the USA.

HOW ABOUT THAT ?

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Hmm. that sounds a little ambitious, but mayby we could all submit tracks or movies of us proforming the aerobatics to a website. People could then download them from that site.

Just my 2 cents, maybe I'm missing your point completely.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

if only we had the money as a community to build a gaming center in the USA.:smilewink:

I think, we don't have to. LLTM is sponsored by a Lock-On friendly software company, and it should be possible to find a similar sponsor in the USA as well.

How about naturalpoint ?

kind regards,

Raven....

Hmm. that sounds a little ambitious, but mayby we could all submit tracks or movies of us proforming the aerobatics to a website. People could then download them from that site.

Just my 2 cents, maybe I'm missing your point completely.

Yupp, affirm, missed completely.

I have the vision of a championship, both tactical and aerobatics, which will be run simultaneously in the USA and Europe, using the internet as interface (what else). It could take place on let's say 3 days (weekend), when local times are most suitable for all participants:

Proposal

Start Day 1

Germany Friday 4 PM...................LA, USA 7 AM

End day 1

Germany Saturday 2 AM.................LA, USA 5 PM

Start day 2

Germany Saturday 4 PM.................LA, USA 7 AM

End day 2

Germany Sunday 2 AM..................LA, USA 5 PM

Start day 3

Germany Sunday 1 PM..................LA, USA 4 AM

End day 3

Germany Sunday 6 PM..................LA, USA 9 AM

Moderation could be done on both sides, using VTC and beamer display, and competitions could be run on HL servers, where both sides have access to at the same time. It would be ONE event, only split up into two locations.

kind regards,

Raven....

wow fantastic idea! Now everyone needs good rigs and good reliable highspeed internet connections!

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

Yupp, affirm, missed completely.

I have the vision of a championship, both tactical and aerobatics, which will be run simultaneously in the USA and Europe, using the internet as interface (what else). It could take place on let's say 3 days (weekend), when local times are most suitable for all participants:

Proposal

Start Day 1

Germany Friday 4 PM...................LA, USA 7 AM

End day 1

Germany Saturday 2 AM.................LA, USA 5 PM

Start day 2

Germany Saturday 4 PM.................LA, USA 7 AM

End day 2

Germany Sunday 2 AM..................LA, USA 5 PM

Start day 3

Germany Sunday 1 PM..................LA, USA 4 AM

End day 3

Germany Sunday 6 PM..................LA, USA 9 AM

Moderation could be done on both sides, using VTC and beamer display, and competitions could be run on HL servers, where both sides have access to at the same time. It would be ONE event, only split up into two locations.

yeah its a good idea but i think location is key..being on completely opposites of the world, LA would not be a good option i would go more for a east coast location that would close the time difference to about 6 hours ..thats pretty acceptable also if you look at it for the last day ppl here i the states would end at 9am on monday.cant see that happening besides you want to be closer to Germany and the place that i want say could be running a good connection would be somewhere between Philly and NY.. i know when i live in Philly i had an awesome connection that ran off what seemed to be large backbone from NYC..and philly is alot cheaper than NYC as well..just some ideas from past experience..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

I suppose if you were able to work the logistics of it out, you could have a campaign being run on a server, and make it US vs Europe. A certain number of objectives need to be taken out, you have a certain number of aircraft to start with, have a massive campaign running for 48 hours. Ofcourse you'd need to reset the PC every few hours, with all the wreckage!

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

If you would like to just take the idea of VFAT and add a military branch to it and call it VFAMS.."Virtual Festival of Aerial and Military Squadrons" or something, that will atleast let the aerobatic teams as well as combat teams perform together.:thumbup:

(-Edit)...I was just told that the "LowLand Tiger Meet" is the same thing. Well, yes but this can benefit everybody world wide and not just the people who go to the event in Germany.

At point 1: There has always been a possibility for a let's say "military display" within the VFAT as long as use of weapons isn't included. But there has never been a request by any team or squad.

At point 2: LowLandTigermeet has nearly nothing to do with an airshow. It's a military flightsim LAN-party with 2-3 live flown aerobatic-displays on the beamer screen.

Until now I'm not sure if I understand what kind of event this is gonna be. IRL there are many single-displays of new high performance airframes. As in LOMAC we got just a small choice I don't really know what we're gonna see performed there. I don't want to say that I dislike your idea, but I think I need some more details explained.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

At point 1: There has always been a possibility for a let's say "military display" within the VFAT as long as use of weapons isn't included. But there has never been a request by any team or squad.

well then how about it? and are we going to change the name to what I said or no?....just wondering cause we would be adding a military branch to it.

1st the change of name isn't lying in my hands, 2nd in my opinion we shouldn't break with that name which has a lot of tradition already. Anyways this topic should be discussed by all involved to the VFAT but for me it would be great to expand! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not really a fix, it's an expansion! ;)

And yes, there should definetly be some of your Blue and Gold jets again! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...except there weren't any Blue and Gold jets, but that will change this year. :thumbup:

'07 will be the big mamma of VFATs! Blue and Gold as well as the Red, White and Blue in addition to all other great 6+ ship demo teams from the east! :D

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

'07 will be the big mamma of VFATs! Blue and Gold as well as the Red, White and Blue in addition to all other great 6+ ship demo teams from the east! :D

hey, hey. what happened to the 12 ship F-14 wedge flyover? :music_whistling: lmao

we be lucky if we get 7 pilots by VFAT time the way things are going!:doh:

At point 2: LowLandTigermeet has nearly nothing to do with an airshow. It's a military flightsim LAN-party with 2-3 live flown aerobatic-displays on the beamer screen.

Until now I'm not sure if I understand what kind of event this is gonna be. IRL there are many single-displays of new high performance airframes. As in LOMAC we got just a small choice I don't really know what we're gonna see performed there. I don't want to say that I dislike your idea, but I think I need some more details explained.

When i was in the 355th Paulie and I did a display on the first 2005 Show! And i did a single ship show on the saturday! It worked out

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

It will be cool to create airplane races in lock on , like in reno nevada

Now thats really something whole different...

And a "match" between east and west as well. This is about demonstration flights and not combat flights.

Great to hear that both, the Blues and Birds will show up at the VFAT 2007!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]