F/A-18 Sim and the Logitech X-56

Looking for a first rate combat .lua file for my DCS: F/A-18C (sim mode) and Logitech X-56 (white labels). I am new to DCS and am having a difficult time transferring from Saitek and Logitech setup software to the "new" DCS throttle and HOTAS setup software. Thanks in advance.

Intel i9 10900K (OC to 5.3), 32 GB Fury 3200 MHz, GeFORCE RTX 2080 Ti (OC), NVMe KIOIXA 1.8 TB, Toshiba 1.8 TB (7200), Killer E3000 2.5 GB Ethernet, Realtek 7.1 Sound w/ Logitech 560, Alienware keyboard/mouse, HP Reverb 2, and Thrustmaster Warthog (FA-18C).  Use DCS 2.8 with no mods.

Thanks "crab". I have been using the Saitek 52 Pro software for years but I got the sense that I had to use the DCS setup to fly the F/A-18. You have saved me a great deal of time. Thanks again!!!

Intel i9 10900K (OC to 5.3), 32 GB Fury 3200 MHz, GeFORCE RTX 2080 Ti (OC), NVMe KIOIXA 1.8 TB, Toshiba 1.8 TB (7200), Killer E3000 2.5 GB Ethernet, Realtek 7.1 Sound w/ Logitech 560, Alienware keyboard/mouse, HP Reverb 2, and Thrustmaster Warthog (FA-18C).  Use DCS 2.8 with no mods.

Nah, you're good to go with the Logitech software. You'll find the HOTAS commands function well so you'll likely want to get those on profile. YouTube has some good videos to help out with the tougher ones; speedbrake comes to mind.

Nah, you're good to go with the Logitech software. You'll find the HOTAS commands function well so you'll likely want to get those on profile. YouTube has some good videos to help out with the tougher ones; speedbrake comes to mind.

I set up a macro for the speedbrake using the slider on the throttle. On just repeats speed brake up forever.... release triggers the speedbrake down once. Works perfect. I have different profiles for each plane in the HOTAS software.

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

It needs about 3 seconds to fully open, I've seen some time it at 2.8 or thereabouts but I find 3 gets it every time. It has to be set up so that it will only be on for a set time and then stop or else you get the command being sent endlessly which can block other commands you may want to give while on brake. It's easy enough to set up correctly but doing so isn't entirely intuitive. Frugal hit quite a few other common setup scenarios in one of his videos, would recommend that one for certain. A quick search will turn up setting the speedbrake so it timers off when slid on and will command close when when the slider is pulled back to the off position.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello

Can anybody help me

I have Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick grey version with the latest drivers and updated.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick works perfectly with Digital Combat Simulator using any aircraft like F-15C but I bought the F / A-18C and only obeys the x axis, y axis and z axis but the other buttons assigned to fire the cannon, missiles and other commands does not work having previously assigned those buttons.

Why do Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick Trigger and other bottons NOT work with F / A-18C ???

The Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F / A-18C is not working properly for any of you?

Could someone help me, what should I configure to work perfectly as it does with all other aircraft.

Stay tuned,

Thank you

DRTDXBOX

ESPAÑOL

Hola

Alguien puede ayudarme

Tengo Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick con los ultimos drivers y actualizado.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick funciona perfectamente con Digital Combat Simulator usando cualquier aeronave como F-15C pero compré el F/A-18C y solamente obedece el eje x, eje y y eje z pero los otros botones asignados para disparar el cañon, misiles y otros comandos no funciona habiendo asignado previamente dichos botones.

Por qué el botón de disparo de cañon y de armamento del Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick NO funciona al usar el F/A-18C???

A alguno de ustedes no les está funcionando correctamente el Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F/A-18C???

Podrían alguien ayudarme, qué debo configurar para que funcione perfectamente como lo hace con todas las otras aeronaves.

Quedo atento,

Muchas gracias

DRTDXBOX

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

Can anybody help me

I have Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick grey version with the latest drivers and updated.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick works perfectly with Digital Combat Simulator using any aircraft like F-15C but I bought the F / A-18C and only obeys the x axis, y axis and z axis but the other buttons assigned to fire the cannon, missiles and other commands does not work having previously assigned those buttons.

Why do Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick Trigger and other bottons NOT work with F / A-18C ???

The Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F / A-18C is not working properly for any of you?

Could someone help me, what should I configure to work perfectly as it does with all other aircraft.

Stay tuned,

Thank you

DRTDXBOX

ESPAÑOL

Hola

Alguien puede ayudarme

Tengo Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick con los ultimos drivers y actualizado.

Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick funciona perfectamente con Digital Combat Simulator usando cualquier aeronave como F-15C pero compré el F/A-18C y solamente obedece el eje x, eje y y eje z pero los otros botones asignados para disparar el cañon, misiles y otros comandos no funciona habiendo asignado previamente dichos botones.

Por qué el botón de disparo de cañon y de armamento del Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick NO funciona al usar el F/A-18C???

A alguno de ustedes no les está funcionando correctamente el Logitech Hotas X-56 joystick with F/A-18C???

Podrían alguien ayudarme, qué debo configurar para que funcione perfectamente como lo hace con todas las otras aeronaves.

Quedo atento,

Muchas gracias

DRTDXBOX

Exact same issue here