Question to Bunyap regarding recent implementations of tanks and bombs.

Hi zionid, wingmen will perform very well in this campaign as long as the player uses the 'engage primary and rejoin' command in accordance with the briefing.

The problem you are talking about is still there and is a very big deal for the P-51 Charnwood campaign. It is caused by the AI performing a threat reaction when in range of 88mm flak sites. Normal AI behavior is to climb and start their dive from an altitude outside a flak gun's effective range. That is very, very good thing for them to do, but introduction of long range 88mm flak makes it impossible for them to get all the way above it.

I received word about a month ago that there was a temporary fix in place internally but it has not made it to the release version yet. I'll bring it up again because I don't think I have gotten across how big a deal it is.

Edited by Bunyap

I also wanted to come and thank you for adding this, Bunyap. I was secretly hoping for it, and had postponed playing the campaign with this in mind. And here we are. Great! :)

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

I'm echoing what has been already said, but I'd like to report my experience regarding AI behaviour when employing bombs; the issue with AI climbing to high altitude is only present when the target is AAA. When the target is something else (and that's the case with the "engage primary and rejoin" command), AI attacks through "normal" maneuvers.