Lockon Operation Red Flag/Combined Air Exercise

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any recordings of the mission are made, I suggest one person be designated as the recorder so we don't have 12 guys all running tracks.

I'll be spectating, so I will record the mission... and yes it records everything.

It has been brought up that enabling trackview in the export functions of lockon can affect client performance. I would advise you not to have this export enabled so that we can ensure good performance for everyone.

Thanks.

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

What would be wrong with 12 people recording the mission?

The issue is might affect client performance. I'm not telling you that you can't record the mission. I just saying that I will record it and will make it available to everyone.

• Like 2
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

To all the squads and people involved in RED FLAG....:thumbsup:

It was a great success, looking forward to more! Next mission will go better since we know what we all need to improve on

S! 159th_Fudd for setting this up

Your court marshal is on the way don't celebrate yet ;)

Waiting for the track to see what happened, a ET might have hit him first and my 120 most likely finished him off.

REP points inbound to everyone involved in RED FLAG!!!

He might have lived long enough to eject if it wasnt for your 120 :D

Great job everyone & big thx to Fudd for planning and Jabog for hosting the game.

It's good to see how planning can make real tactics useful. That few a2a-kills really deserve respect!

A few suggestions for next time:

- Blue use ventrilo : we had problems understanding each other sometimes

For performance:

- Less ground units (or at least less dense).

- Friendly bases apart from each other. No more than one squad per base.

- Let's split the primary targets a bit, several areas with important ground units could be an idea. (This will split the server/client load a bit I believe)

Trying for clients to connect 256/128, because I dont think 128/128 is enough for all the information that needs to be sent to each client! (10 Mbps absolutely minimum, but we will probably be running 100 Mbps server connection from what I'm hearing)

- Staggered load ins to reduce initial load

(will need more space ingame too)

Hopefully we can also get a little more powerful machine for next time - That might very well have been the cause of the warping, especially in the beginning. Jabog hosting has awesome bandwidth, but unfortunately their server isn't that powerful (2,8 p4, 9200 pro & 1 gig ram). Still big THX for hosting the event.

Also something else we can do is make sure all clients are running one specific graphics setup, and make sure all clients have at least 15 fps at all times to reduce warping.

• Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Waiting for the track to see what happened, a ET might have hit him first and my 120 most likely finished him off.

REP points inbound to everyone involved in RED FLAG!!!

That is to be ascertained in the article 32 hearing mate ^^

It was a fantastical event for sure, true aerial warfare without the airquake vibe as usual.

Yeah a few tech problems that can be smoothed out for future events but long may this continue.

From my own perspective it didn't go to well though, wasn't flying to begin with then I found out my RL plans had been cancelled so I filled in an absentee's Su-25vanilla spot.

Good stuff until it came to landing at fwd airbase Krymsk , base was littered with bodies(25T's everywhere stuck on the grass :D ) so come in to finals with 3fps and got 2 punctures and then did a sweet little pirouette at the end of runway. NICE:megalol: .

Besides, the comms sounded pretty awesome just wished I could have been more involved.

I was a bit unsure about the SAM coverage over the strait though for RedFor as it seemed a bit weak compared to BlueFor's 2 Patriot's at the frontline. Noticed that the first pages of debrief were full of Patriot launches. The mission objectives seemed a bit unbalanced.

Can't wait for the next VirtualRedFlag it should be Belissimo , the boy Fudd done good.:thumbup:

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Remember the bluefor lost a lot of pilots early due to lag issues, and that we had two of our fighters only mig29As.

But yes the Patriots should have countered these disadvantages. So in total I believe the even was fairly even.

EDIT: Yorz: Me, Pap and A.S had to repeat pretty often what we said, losing valuable time. Once pap had to repeat something 4 times to me because of sound quality.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Big Salute to Fudd. Thank you for your tremendous job of coordination.

Another big salute to JaBoG for hosting the mission and TS, and 504th for hosting RedFor TS.

Congrats BlueFor.

And congrats RedFor for a good effort.

Was anyone from Australia able to participate? I know of two that had to leave early because of ping/connection problems.

Thanks to all that participated! It was a great time!

I would be curious to see the outcome if we just swapped sides? Mission felt a bit weighted on blue side.

Maybe this mission can be cycled through again in the future.

• Like 2

is this ok?

That is to be ascertained in the article 32 hearing mate ^^

Cali.... I'm changing my story (yes, dead men can speak) ... The ET did not hit me, it was your Aim-120... You're my squadron mate, but you're going to jail and I am testifying against you

:lol:

Fudd... We've talked alot over the past 3 days and if you feel like chatting the next time around then pm me...

I would change nothing substantial other than what you already know need to be changed.

Really good job getting suggestions together and then as time drew closer you became a hard ass...

The organizational and system knowledge/experience you gained make you now a welcome host and admin of future...:thumbup:

And good flying everyone... disciplined.... no air to air kills for the first what....? 60 minutes?

• Like 1

I think setting a limit to amount of times an A2A a/c can land/rearm/refuel would open the event up a bit.

I don't like the idea, but, I would not mind if we set up a maximum number of missiles for each plane, like you have 12 amraams per plane, so he can only get 8 first round, then 4 next round, then it's sparrows only or something similar with Sus.

12 ERs and then Rs :)

Congrats to all of flew, even if it was for a short time. It was amazing seeing so many AC on the flight line, truly awesome.

Well done Bluefor, I think you got the edge towards the end and beat us back.

But, it's all good training and I'm sure a lot was learned on both sides to make these exercises even better in the near future.

Well done redfor, a great effort, good comms I feel. Next mission should see an improvement and a refinement in tactics and missions success.

Huge salute to Fudd, well done mate, you're a star :)

Flashing through the sky on a hampster driven, monkey navigated four-poster-bed.

I would be curious to see the outcome if we just swapped sides? ...

Maybe this mission can be cycled through again in the future.

Basically a great idea, but one major feature of this mission was to enable more than 75% of all participants to fly the type they liked best.

For some it would be a huge drawback to be forced to fly something they don´t like or not feel proficient or comfortable in...

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

159th_fudd, thanks for all of your effort to get it going, I missed it myself for reason, looking forward to 2nd round of redflag soon!

Was anyone from Australia able to participate? I know of two that had to leave early because of ping/connection problems.

Sven had problem connecting with Jabog's server.

• Like 1

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

thanks to: fudd, jabog, 504 and all participants (although i had to fly the T frog :doh: ) - this was great fun and this event took lockon and how it is played to a new level - for sure.

Thanks again and looking forward to the next one,

:pilotfly:

S77th-NotiA10

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog