Lockon Operation Red Flag/Combined Air Exercise

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HellYeah

A battle of class, definitly. And for the first time even more great. Over 60 i think planes and 1 kill 1 loss 1 teamkill only, but ground main mission fullfilled. A serious way of flying hard to find on public servers. Class Pilots, class battel....looking really forward for part 2.

Thx again to all made this community boost possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mission One is a Success!!!!

Everyone that participated: THANK YOU!!

I appreciate the kind words from everyone and I want to stress the fact that my success is due in part to the support of the community.

I saw nothing but professionalism. Everyone conducted themselves with an extreme amount of honor. There were no circumstances of whining or complaining and I appreciate those who complied with my requests without question. I apologize to those of you who had connection issues, as this exercise progresses I hope to find some solutions to those issues.

Thank you to all of JaBoG32 for hosting both the mission and TS. Woody, you came through at the last minute and were extremely helpful. Thanks!!

Thanks to all of 3_Sqn including Sven, Cali, Rugg and Herr Fud for their votes of confidence and advice.

Thanks to the Savage 77th, especially Goya for his briefing of previous exercises and ReO for his help in developing a grading rubric.

Thanks to =RvE=, especially Yoda for being willing to host. I am sorry your server died in the process of setting it up and I hope you get it sorted.

Thanks to all of (504) including Goon, and Breakshot for their hosting of TS and advice on mission planning.

Thanks to the 159th especially the command staff for their support and recognition. S!

For those of you behind the scenes that I didnt mention, thank you too.

THIS WAS A SUCCESS FOR THE COMMUNITY!!

You should all be proud to be members of the finest online community out there.

The next mission is planned for June 23 2007. Times, information etc. to follow. Please post your suggestions on how to improve this experience. I want these operations to be a constantly improving process.

The track file for mission one will be posted shortly. I will be going over it the next few days to grade each team and I will provide a detailed write up of events.

Salute!!!

-Fudd

• Like 4
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Excellent event! From what was witnessed, it can only get better with what we learned from the first session. Everyone participating conducted themselves with a lot of class and it made it a blast to take part in this. Can't wait to do it again and get some more time in the air (I went to debrief after landing successfully at homeplate). Still fun nonetheless. Congrats Bluefor, and Salute to 159th Fudd for making something like this that was long overdue come to fruition.

MURDERER! :fear:

LOL, he is already n process for court matrial. he may be punished for friendly fire he gotta to sit on tarmac and fiddle with cockpit and figure what IFF is all about. hehe.

3Sqn Judical board, let's give him a death pentality in old fashinoned way and dont let him fly!!

Now u can relax, it just a game and it is fun and make sure you dont make that mistake again in next run!. I am just kiddin tho.

Looking forward to next redflag operation, keep up with a good work , if you need assistance, i am more than happy to provide extra hands if needed, and I will be there for GOOD.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

AVESOME!!!

This was an excellent experience... So much planning, so much good stuff, I can't find the words to describe my happiness and excitement... I had to go after 2 and something hours of the mission, but from what I've seen I can only say that it was AMAZING.

Congrats to the both sides, I can't wait for the next mission... Big thanks to Fudd for such an effort in making this exercise so great. Rep inbound!

The TacView ACMI is awsome. Its hard to tell what I want to watch.

The thing that is immediately apparent to me is that if my initial SEAD flight had been reckless and proceded to launch point without any fighter cover, we had the whole sky to ourselves for plenty of time before BlueFor fighters were on station. Not that I'm second guessing my decision to wait because I would make the same decision again given the same situation. Still, I can't but think... :doh:

At 18:58:38.

Clean kill, you fire your 2 AMRAAMS, then you split-s and loose lock of your target before your second missile has passed Fudd who flies ahead of you.

With the lock lost, your no. 2 AMRAAM goes active, sees Fudd as closest target and the rest is history...

:smartass:

The 120 is clearly tracking, it didnґt matter into what direction he was turning.

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

I'm sticking to my story, he flew into my missile....he said it himself he was in a 45 degree turn. When does it happen in the tacview?

Cali, I am just teasing, now sit back and relax and drink your beer and watch Tacview :-)

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

A TK is -40000 points BWHAAAHAAAHAHAAA :holloween:

J/K

I didnt factor in Team Kills because I expected the pilots that were flying this mission weren't n00bs.... clearly if we are going to have Cali around in subsequent missions, I've got factor it in. :P :P :P :P

I dont know how much piloting an Airman does though.......... :megalol: (Just razzin u Cali... nothin but love)

I'll have the scores out later on.... I dont think the TK will have much effect on the outcome.;)

• Like 1
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Well done Fudd.

Would have been good if I didn't get kicked for ping.

Maybe we could use a U.S server next time.

Sorry for the kick, it was a quick decision by the server admin when he noticed the pings were slowly rising during departure phase.

We should have published the max. ping 400 rule beforehand so that everyone could check whether he was ok or not.

You were in the 550ies if I recall correctly.

On the other hand we are very happy that it happened to only one out of 44, and it definitely helped pings slightly decreasing again and then settling in quite stable.

Sorry again, but you gave your life for the benefit of all others.:thumbup:

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Big Salute to Fudd.

Was anyone from Australia able to participate? I know of two that had to leave early because of ping/connection problems.

Yeah we had 2 or 3 Australians & a Kiwi from 3Sqn on Bluefor

This was a truely AWESOME experience, can't wait till the next one. Well done to everyone involved & a special thanks to 159th_Fudd for organizing such a memorable event rep inbound

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]