A Joy To Fly

Sn8ke_iis

Just took her for an inaugural spin on the instant action free flight. Had an absolute ball! Was able to land and take off in a field like a bush plane. You can fly low and slow through towns and almost match the speed of traffic. Made an emergency landing on a road with power lines and just started cruising around taxing through town. Very stable for aerobatics and stalls. Perfect plane for when you are burned out on radar, ecm, bvr, etc. Just stick and rudder.

feels amazing with a 24 inch display !!!! makes you do silly things

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

Just took her for an inaugural spin on the instant action free flight. Had an absolute ball! Was able to land and take off in a field like a bush plane. You can fly low and slow through towns and almost match the speed of traffic. Made an emergency landing on a road with power lines and just started cruising around taxing through town. Very stable for aerobatics and stalls. Perfect plane for when you are burned out on radar, ecm, bvr, etc. Just stick and rudder.

This is exactly what I bought the Yak-52 for, and I agree that it's a real blast to just fly around & enjoy some raw stick & rudder piloting :thumbup:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

This looks like an alternative to using a helicopter when just flying and exploring the terrain modules, slow and slow. Bonus: don't have to learn how to fly a helicopter!:smartass:

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

This looks like an alternative to using a helicopter when just flying and exploring the terrain modules, slow and slow. Bonus: don't have to learn how to fly a helicopter!:smartass:

try huey...you'll change your oppinion :)))

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

The Yak is awesome! Had a blast yesterday flying around with several other Yak pilots and a lone Hornet on a multiplayer acro server. The field was covered in airshow smoke. It was bloody brilliant! I absolutely love the feel of this plane.

Two thumbs up ED!

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

• ED Team

Very old trick to get "3D" feeling: try to watch the video using only one eye. Without convergation info the brain can not place the monitor screen at the certain distance and begins to construct its own perspective. The only thing to do is to find the best distance to monitor... Generally it's about its width.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

This is exactly what I bought the Yak-52 for, and I agree that it's a real blast to just fly around & enjoy some raw stick & rudder piloting :thumbup:

^ Agreed.

Having a lot of fun with her. Getting into the aerobatics is something I'm not usually into but having a blast ATM. :thumbup:

Yes absolutely a ball to fly in VR, in fact fact the YAK now has my all time record for DCS fixed wing aircraft an hour beats other fixed wings by about 40 minutes and I have only had it for just over an hour,... :D

Great work it will keep me occupied waiting for the Mi-24. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Can somebody try to explain in what way this airplane is different than any of the ww2 planes? I very welcome use them, as I usually get my plane stalled (at least that is what I believe it is doing, flipping around suddenly and not reacting to input) all the time while fighting the Ai.

Would I enjoy the yak?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Can somebody try to explain in what way this airplane is different than any of the ww2 planes? I very welcome use them, as I usually get my plane stalled (at least that is what I believe it is doing, flipping around suddenly and not reacting to input) all the time while fighting the Ai.

Would I enjoy the yak?

Firstly, the Yak is not a WW2 aircraft. Secondly the Yak is a Trainer where as the WW2 aircraft are fighters. That means two things: The Yak has NO weapons. And the Yak is made easier to fly safely so it can be used by pilots that don't yet know what they are doing compared to the WW2 fighters which are built for maximum performance in mind (which many times makes the difficult to handle and possibly dangerous in beginners' hands).

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Would I enjoy the yak?

Absolutely yes, it flies with precision for low flight enjoyment while not throwing you into the ground if you over control it, unless you're really trying hard of course. You can get it out of shape, but it allows you more latitude to learn better control, which is its training role after all.

Would I enjoy the yak?

you will have a couple more seconds to think about the mistakes you've done earlier :) its that forgiving, more towards extras 300 than towards P-51 :pilotfly:

you will have the capability to glide over the runway at a stall speed with smooth engine control:joystick:

Firstly, the Yak is not a WW2 aircraft. Secondly the Yak is a Trainer where as the WW2 aircraft are fighters. That means two things: The Yak has NO weapons.

There is Yak-52B variant that is with a two S-5-32 rocket pods for light attacks.

2359913.thumb.jpg.98b9913377f76395a04a9cd26ac85a87.jpg

And I must say that I would like to see that variant as well someday in the future, just like we have L-39ZA variant too.

Sure, how many would use it, but it would allow to play as North Korean etc in future maps etc.

And the Yak is made easier to fly safely so it can be used by pilots that don't yet know what they are doing compared to the WW2 fighters which are built for maximum performance in mind (which many times makes the difficult to handle and possibly dangerous in beginners' hands).

Exactly. A very forgiving aircraft and allows the trainee to learn all kind maneuvers without focusing too much for the aircraft functions but pure instruments and recover from wrong maneuvers.

To say it is purely a acrobatic aircraft is understatement IMHO, but should be put more weight for the trainer.

But in flight simulators IMHO the trainers are still "stupid" because one can take any aircraft to fly and repeat something until it is learned. Something you can't do in real world why pilots would go Yak-52 > L-39 > Mig-29UB/Su-27UB (two seater trainers).

And we didn't have that possibility until now.

And IMHO ED should lower the Yak-52 price more from $39 to somewhere like $19 to really make it so that it would be first ones for new virtual pilots to own and fly and get on. And then go for the L-39 for the free trainee seat (front seat) with those who owns module and are ready to sit at rear while flying, and finally anyone to buy any other module for full price.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.