A-10C is worth to buy?

Biga42

I've been flying F/A-18C it's fun and I believe when it is finished it's will be more cool to fly with. But seeing some videos on YouTube A-10C has a more cooperative missions with JTAC etc, just wondering if it is worthy to buy it.

Thanks!

If you enjoy depth of simulation the A-10C module is second to none at the moment. Its been so for long enough to have great commincity support including missions. Value propisition is great so i reocmmend buying it. Seasonal sales make it a no brainer if you choose to wait. F-18 will probably ovetake it in a few years due to mass appeal... but the masses are wrong ;). Warthog for life!

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

It´s a different feeling of course, it flys low and slow and is capable to do amazing things, but what you definately will miss is speed. Its pure CAS, I own the Warthog since Beta which is almost 8 years ago. For the pure fun and the experience I´d recommend it to buy...yes, definately.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

The comparison between F/A-18C and A-10C is fairly complicated. My TL;DR version is that the A-10C has more steps for any single task, but the F/A-18C will have a wider variety of tasks.

The F-18 is a true multi-role craft with outstanding performance in many roles:

BVR AA, WVR AA, Close AG, Standoff AG, Long-Range AG, Anti-ship, SEAD.

(Only the first three applies to current early access.) That's a lot of variation for the price of a single module.

The A-10, being finished, is best in class at Close AG, and quite good at standoff AG, with a honorable mention in WVR AA - Only warbirds can downright disrespect it in that domain.

The A-10, in using more steps for a single task, can offer some more flexibility for particular situations, for example switching between multiple weapon profiles for a weapon setup rather than selecting the weapon and then the profile, allows quicker reaction against a target of opportunity that the F18 would otherwise fly right past.

Also, the DCS A-10C has the CBU-97 SFW and its CBU-105 wind-corrected variant. The BRRRT is overrated in comparison.

I'm no fan of the real A-10, but in the dcs ecosystem it certainly has a role to play, and I enjoy both.

As for coop multiplayer where somebody else plays the FAC or AFAC role, or even JTAC with the combined arms module, that's soon going to be even more of a thing with the F-18 too when the LGBs arrive. The F-18 can't perform the controller role itself for a long while yet, though, so you'd need to play with someone who has A-10, Harrier, or Combined Arms modules who would do that for you.

Like others have said, yes i would still buy it. There is tons of content, and hours of flying in this old bird, it will be years before the hornet approaches the level of fidelity support the a-10c module has.

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Absolutely Yes. A-10c is the present more complex and complete simulation available. When f/a-18 Will be finished, if you like Speed and AA, maybe f-18 Will be better, but for pure CAS missions a-10c Will remain unbeatable. F-18 by its side is multirole so more possibilities to have fun with, but do not underestimate a-10c. Yes, it's a very old module, but a new cockpit with updated textures is planned by the end of the year, so old but not outdated, maybe you Can wait until the new cockpit is released. Yes, you Can buy It with a discount, but Remember that ED said no other Sales till the end of the year, so be ready to buy in 2019 if you want sales.

Yes the a10 is a good plane and you really get allot for your money, since there are tons of features.

Its beautifull, very advanced and what i hear from real a10 pilots then its as close to real life as it gets ( minus the secret stuff ).

And it can carry a huge amount of weapons.

The only bad things about the a10 is really that it fly a bit slow ;-)

If you consider the a10 you also need to know the following and here are my tip.

1). DO NOT try to learn everything in one go/try, then you will break your neck and give up and never learn it.. many people have bought the a10 and given up.

So follow one tutorial and then learn and study and practice it again and again until you know how to do it..

Remember to have fun, so how about "cheat" start your a10 and go flying as the very first thing.. you will be able to use the gun, and fire rockets without much problems. But for the rest of the plane you need to study and learn first... But remeber have fun !!

2). the most important feature in the game is the TGP ( targeting pod ) system. This is the key to finding the enemy and using the a10 effeciently.

So you especially need to be an expert in the TGP system above anything els in the plane..

The TGP have many sub modes such as "look at waypoint" ( you need to master this feature it make it much more easy to look at the target area and find the enemy ). you need also to learn the basic skill in the a10 with making a sensor a priority... basic what that means are you need to get a green box arround your "computer display" and then you can move the camera and change many other features such as map range or the camera.

3). The next very usefull but non essenstial skil is to learn how to look at something and create a "mark point"... this is handy since you can fast slew your TGP to look at enemy 1-2-3-4-5 and easy find them again on the ground. And once you get good at it, you can fire example 4 maveric in a few seconds, or drop jdams at different targets at once.

But again with the a10 learn one thing at a time, the most important is to have fun so you dont break your neck and give up.

How about just auto cheat start your plane, then everything is ready to go and you can select a few bombs and go to the shooting range before you dig down and study and learn. ;-)

( ps... you need to setup the keys named TMS short TMS long and other such buttons.. you use these to make markpoints and slew the camera and many other things so setting up the joystick is actual very important..

You dont have to map everything to your joystick, just the most important functions and then you can add stuff as you learn new skills. ).

PRO tip..: If you do this wrong the autopilot will not work..

When you allign ( the plane find the gps location ) then it is VERY important it finish this and count to 4.4.4 i think .. ( it stop counting you will know ) this take about 4-5 minutes.. ).

The only bad things about the a10 is really that it fly a bit slow ;-)

Well, f-18 is faster for sure, but f-18 runs quickly out of fuel while a-10 Can remain for a much longer time in the area of operations. That's the main reason why they built It slow and why it's the best you Can use for CAS missions.

A-10C, do you really have to mention it ? no other aircraft that could fully replace its role ... even A10A would be awesome with clickable cockpit , but if Ed did not invest in it ..the C version is a must have :)

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

Yes.

The Hog was my first DCS module (heck, I own it from before DCS was even a thing) and I still go back to flying it low and slow.

It is an old school mud pounder. You don't have speed, you don't have finesse, but you have 11 ordenance stations, over 2 hours of station time and 1150 rounds of 30 mike mikes.

Also, the targeting pod, D-Link, CDU and DSMS gives a LOT of deep to the module.

I just can hope that the hornet will reach the same level of module polish the A10C has now. Even if the Hornet is the current flagship of DCS and Eagle Dynamics, the A10C module is still where the excelence bar is set.

Buy it, you won't regret it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wait for a sale, and get it for like $25.

Other than that, it's an awesome plane. It can take a beating, and can carry TONS of weapons to dish it back out. Also, the 30mm cannon is nothing to laugh about. It tears the shit out of jeeps and APCs.

And if your into heli's, I highly recommend the Shark.