What are the red lights on the Su25T gauges?

Stall Warning Indicator might be one you've seen - to the left of your AOA Indicator.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

There are popouts on quite a few gauges - as far as I'm aware they are warnings that the presented data may not be accurate.

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

Right -

The top one is the AOA-MAX pip, it just shows the maximum angle of attack so that's not an invalid data one.

Next one is similar - V-Max - maximum speed.

The next is your radar altimeter - if you're higher than 1000m then the data is not accurate, hence popout.

Finally the popouts on the HSI usually suggest that your gyros are wobbly. I think you have to let them spin up for a while before you take off or the readings are wonky - it's just telling you that it may be a 'tad' off.

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

• ED Team

In real life they are either color painting markings or little plastic markers which are move in or out of your FOV.

Check the HSI in this Picture:

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/Museums/ThreatTrainingFacility/Aircraft/Mig29Cockpit.jpg

Because its off you can see the red stripes which will automaticly hide when the HSI is turned on.

I hope u understood my crazy explenation ^^

Concerning the HSI flags in the Su-25T: These are not failure flags as such. The left one indicates "Course deviation is unreliable". The right one: "Glideslope deviation is unreliable". Essentially they tell you that you are not in ILS mode.

Rich

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 5 years later...

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here but how do you actually correct them? I am so used to the HUD I didn't really pay attention to these but I'd like to know how to calibrate these guages so they are useful. Can't locate key control to turn them on and waiting on the runway before takeoff doesn't seem to correct these deviations in readings.

Thanks!