South Korea ready to purchase F-22

The Australian Airforce asked the US for an option to buy the F22 to replace their F111 and F18s. They are close allies of the US and were turned down flat. The US will not be selling the F22 to anyone. Just look at the hassle the UK has being having getting technical systems information for the F35 and they are a senior partner. BAE systems is a UK manufactuter that heavily involved in the manufaturing of tools and some of the F35 sub systems. However the US Senate doesn't trust the UK with Stealth technology. If the USA doesn't trust the UK, I don't think S. Korea has a chance.

It's not so much a matter of trust but a matter of monopoly.

Or is it about money?

I wonder where you would put Australian military expenditures on this list: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spending.htm

(South Korea: $21.1 billion :D )

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

ITARs is a US policy only, most other countries do have export policies, but nothing compared to the ITAR/TAA debacle. For instance you can have a Secret or higher security clearance yet if the country you a citizen off is not listed on the TAA u shouldn't have access to the ITAR restricted material. The whole policy and the US department needs and overhaul.

Regardless of who wants what, it's the US Congress that makes policy here. Arms Export Control Act hasn't been repealed and it prevents the sale of the F-22 in particular and its associated (stealth) technology, to any foreign nation until 2015. This was to prevent access to technology by foreign nations via spying (the more nations having a piece of technology, the more chance of espionage being successful). The other reason was to prevent former friends (like Venezuela) from selling it off. Finally, the production of an export version of the F-22 would cost over US$1Billion, and add to the cost.

There was some noise in July 2006 in the House about repealing the exception to F-22 export, but it was killed in conference committee with the Senate.

The military doesn't make this policy, it's the Congress of the United States, which controls the purse strings and writes the laws.

You've certainly leaped to rather a lot of conclusions there about what I said.

...Or is it maybe about the rules in ITAR? Honestly, some of you guys bad-mouthing the US over this, apparently don't work in the industry. This extends to the earlier comments about how the US was getting in the way of support to the Brits for the F-35. This works both ways, and the ITAR is to blame. I have trouble supporting my aircraft because of ITAR rules on equipment which is manufactured in the UK...and even though I'm a USQDC, this has NOTHING to do with anything defense related. Now, if I am having difficulty supporting civilian aircraft due to ITAR rules on its air data and AHRS systems...what must it be like for those supporting top secret defense programs? I'm sure its just those lousy, evil Brits, trying to establish a monopoly on these systems! :mad: Nah...I don't actually believe that. Seriously though, do some of you guys even read the posts you write? They are often very passionate, with a great deal of hatred and absolutely no logic behind them.

*burns off eyebrows in the process*

*Burns off some 'oregano' and all the hair from his hands in the process* Oh wait, that really did happen, unlike the F-22 flying in South Korea or Australia. WTH are those countries thinking, do they need to invade some other nations? Well, if not, then buy something more sensible. It's like saying that someone can't have nukes because you yourself have used them twice after a country surrendered, ie hypocracy to the max. But the same could apply to not selling the F-22.

Or they can wait for the Russkie fifth gen jet, if it won't be available for export, it will appear in China after a year and a half.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

:music_whistling:

why are the Aussi's and Koreans trying to buy the f22 when they could buy the EUROFIGHTERRRRR

infact no i dont want them getting our Europeans beautiful jet:music_whistling:

In my opinion I prefer that the Eurofighter stay in Fortress Europe.

Anyway, give me an aluminum F-16A MLU / AIM9X and I will smoke these gay F-35 out of the sky

No wonder that they are asking for an 22 (GAY F-35 sucks :D )

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

*Burns off some 'oregano' and all the hair from his hands in the process* Oh wait, that really did happen, unlike the F-22 flying in South Korea or Australia. WTH are those countries thinking, do they need to invade some other nations? Well, if not, then buy something more sensible. It's like saying that someone can't have nukes because you yourself have used them twice after a country surrendered, ie hypocracy to the max. But the same could apply to not selling the F-22.

Or they can wait for the Russkie fifth gen jet, if it won't be available for export, it will appear in China after a year and a half.

My guess is more F model Super Hornets for Austrailia and more F-15K's for South Korea. That is until the F-35 arrives.

And was that nuke crack a shot at the US using them in WW2? if so..you dont know history, if not, then I apologise in advance for misreading.

topGraphic.gif

:music_whistling:

why are the Aussi's and Koreans trying to buy the f22 when they could buy the EUROFIGHTERRRRR

infact no i dont want them getting our Europeans beautiful jet:music_whistling:

From what I understand they thought about it years ago, but it wasn't up to our conditions - ie range as the EF was more of an interceptor at that stage