Anybody have updates on the development of the F4U Corsair?

pegg00

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

Defend bad practice from someone making a product is really not a hill you should die on. 

I literally gave a link to how it should be done. It didn't cost them anything to inform their customers about what they had been doing, and what they were gunna do.

The way Mag3 operates infuriates a lot of their customers base. Just take a look on Facebook,  discord. 

Mag3 doesn't need to do anything. But it would be SMART to do something.

This last year Mag3 has done nothing but "play" with potential customers with vague single sentences that can be interpreted in 30 different ways and some random pictures. 

As I said no info is bad.

Bad info/useless info is worse, and for this last year  that's what Mag3 has been doing. 

What do you think is best for a company to do.

1. Make customers/potential customers happy.

2. Annoy them, stonewall them and tease them?

You have given your opinion and that is fine, you do not speak for everyone, so please dont assume all customers feel the same. 

Most people understand development takes time and information will be passed when a developer is ready to, not before. 

Giving little teases adds to the excitement and shows a project is still on track. 

thank you 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

17 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Well into the new year and no update. We got pics and like 10 seconds of video from the 2023 video.

But no status report. It's nice to know it flies. But would like some info on what they've been doing this last year. And what is left to do.

10 second, sure?... apears near 10 secuences on a official ED video and you rant them? Seriously? You are very rude vs a official 3rd party with has on progress product aproval by ED. Dont intent repeat a "Where are my F4U....".

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Gunfreak:

Defend bad practice from someone making a product is really not a hill you should die on. 

I literally gave a link to how it should be done. It didn't cost them anything to inform their customers about what they had been doing, and what they were gunna do.

The way Mag3 operates infuriates a lot of their customers base. Just take a look on Facebook,  discord. 

This last year Mag3 has done nothing but "play" with potential customers with vague single sentences that can be interpreted in 30 different ways and some random pictures. 

Bad info/useless info is worse, and for this last year  that's what Mag3 has been doing. 

You are absolutely right!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

It's basic decency ….

well, if you think the developer is not decent then simply don’t purchase their products, but your constant whining gets really annoying … will place you on ignore to be free of it, bye.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Your anger changes nothing.

Your frustration changes nothing.

Your impatience will not magically make the module appear faster, and it is unlikely to inspire M3 to respond given the vitriol with which it was delivered.

Its sole effect is to fuel your irritation and inflame the anger and frustration you feel, which as you have been shown are completely pointless, it all achieves NOTHING.

All of this from a perceived "promise", a spectre of a commitment that YOU have created - even M3 haven't made any promises of release dates, nor have they committed to any update schedule. You alone have engineered an expectation of what should be happening that bears little heed to any reality, through a combination of impatience and entitlement.

A great many of us here are looking forward to the F4U release as much if not more than you yet do you see any of us insulting and reprimanding developers?

A very poor show Gunfreak.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes I wonder, how some people manage life in general since fullfilled expectations and control over events are the exception and not the norm.

• Like 8

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

We do not intend to publish any other updates until the F4U-1D is delivered. This is a project to which we are now almost exclusively committed and it's on it's final straight before the release. As of right now work on the damage model continues, which is neither interesting nor entertaining, as it requires more extensive modelling of internal elements of the module. Once this stage is concluded, module will be submitted to Eagle Dynamics for internal testing, until its deemed ready for release.

Except for occasional images and snippets, there will be no specific news until we publish a teaser for the F4U-1D, which should be followed by release 😉 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 7

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7